1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Baby's got new toys

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Gerg, Mar 5, 2002.

1. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    Ordered the following for my scoot today
    Staintune lower slip on, new inner for left bag, Wonderlich engine bars, new speedo drive. Took home a new centerstand skid plate.:thumb

Next is 3.0 drive or cat eliminator or driving lights or who knows :rolleyes

Let the fun begin (or is that continue :dunno )

Greg
    :stupid
  2. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    cool beans. Tell me about the lower slipon. Is it an adapter that goes from the cat to the can? Would it work with my remus can? I'd love to put a fullsized left bag on, but like the cat/remus combo.
  3. PhotoWrite

PhotoWrite Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Greg:

I have to say you are a man of similar taste. I just decided on the 3.0 final drive over the 3.20.

I have considered an aftermarket pipe, but I’m concerned about the clearance of a low pipe. I would sure like to have my left BMW bag have the same capacity as that of the right bag.

A center-stand skid-plate is on my must have very soon list.

And I hope to replace the terrible BMW engine-crash guards with Wunderlichs at my next oil change, which is only about 1,200 miles away.

Good job! :-)

James
  4. Trouble

Trouble Sloth Hunter

Oddometer:
    I swore I would keep this bike stock and not start hanging shit off it.
    $7000.00 later...
    Driving lights
    Lite Buddies
    Euroswitch
    Larger windscreen
    Headlight protector
    Headlight modulator
    Stronger bulbs
    Fiamm horns
    Bar backs
    Oil cooler guard
    Throttle lock
    Hand guards
    Tank bag
    Tank covers
    Touratech Hard Parts
    Bag liners
    Accessory plugs
    Locking oil cap
    Engine guards
    Skid plate
    Mayer seat
    Backrest
    Remus Exhaust
    Jesse bags
    Ohlins Shocks
    Air cleaner
    Performance chip
    SS braided brake lines
    Cargo rack
    GPS
    Radar detector
    Remove charcoal canister
    Remove muffler
    Siren & lights
    Radar absorbing paint
    Night vision
    Heads Up Display
    Anti missle chaff :huh
  5. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    I think most of us are on that same path :evil
    This buy was round 2 for me. I think the only cure is to BUY!

Greg
  6. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    Fish, I got the slipon muffler with lower bracket. I believe it's not using an adapter but a different angle welded spigot to connect to the cat. The shop (Modesto) said there is a ~$100 adapter that will lower a stock exaust so I suspect it would work with the Remus (that was one of the options we talked about, Remus with the adpter). One of the mechanics has a R1150GS with the 2 Brothers with cat eliminator. Quite a bit louder. No for me. When I want to be loud I ride the Harley :1drink

Greg
  7. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    Thanks greg, I'm going to check into it.
  8. moon

moon Space Cowboy

Oddometer:
    What kind of performance changes did you noticed from these two mods. Do you stop and go faster?
  9. Ken

Ken Long timer

Oddometer:
    Were can you find the bag liners for the Touratec panniers?
  10. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    From Touratech.

[​IMG]

Zega bag 35: 055-0010
    Zega bag 41: 055-0020
    ZEGA-bag top: 055-0025

Touratech USA
  11. MANXMAN

MANXMAN Overlander

Oddometer:
    Greg is right about the Two Bros. with Cat. eliminator. Although it has added a noticable power upgrade (with out a chip) it is too
    loud. I'm sure most of the performance improvement is from the removal of the cat. I can't understand why a quieter muffler
    is not offered. It was to expensive to take it back off and start
    shopping for another system so I'll idle it slowly out of the garage in the early mornings. Hope this helps those of you looking at purchasing exhaust systems.
    :nono :nono
  12. Killen

Killen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good Stuff........

I'm trying to figure what it will take to put a full size left bag on ...I think I need to adjust the pipe.....

Wunderlichs are next for me.

Killen
  13. Scary Mc

Scary Mc hellgrammite Supporter

Oddometer:
    " Although it (the two brothers pipe) has added a noticable power upgrade (with out a chip) it is too
    loud. "

Too loud!?!? Thats my favorite thing about my Two Bros., in fact I even repacked it so it would be even LOUDER!:drums
    I had my buddy ride the GS around the neigborhood at high revs so I could hear it from a different perspective, I like it even more!

-Scary
  14. frisbee

frisbee Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I;ve ordered the Remus titanium for my new 1150. Dealer recommends installing after the break in. i asked for the RS pipe to allow for a full size bag. This pipe eliminates the cat converter does that mean I need the euro chip for the conversion? My salesman seemed to imply that the new bikes chip will automatically adjust. Is this true? These guys give you a million different stories and who knows if they know what they're talking about, it sounds like there are some real mavens out there who might know a thing or two so give me the benefit of your collective wisdom please.
  15. Ricardo Kuhn

Ricardo Kuhn a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer:
    Minneapolis (don't even ask how i end up here.
    your bike needs;
    .A WINCH,,,,,,,,,,,,i install one on a R80 for a friend ,came from a atb and is great .if you really ride the bike in the jungle where cell phone dont mean nothing,not to say SHIT!!!!
    TURNING HEAD LIGTHS AND FOG LIGTHs,,,,,,,, i made a sistem that steers with the handlebar imput ,a lot less ligth is nedded and you can use narrower ligth angles with more reach
    A CONVERTER ,,,,,,,, from 12V to 110 V so you can charge the video camara the cell phone battery, I used to charge my bicycle ligths and my blender to make "smoothies" great on the camp site,you can even plug a pollishing sistem if you are into that
    A BIKE RACK,,,,,,,,i know you dont like bicycles ,but is great fun
    PRO TAPER BARS,,,,, that you can buy, the rest you need to make your self.

i dont really see much merit in just ordering the stuff,i like to make the STUFF ,but i know that is just me..............i,m not traing to offend any body and i do know ,i better put my drill on the side and start to study INGLES i,m traing all the time ,this is actually part of my home work to write at least five letters a day
  16. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    Got the Staintune on and it is a bit louder (roadtest tomorrow). The larger bag seems HUGE now. I think I can fit all my stuff in there now :evil The Wonderlich Bars go on tomorrow after I clean off all the cow shit :doh The Speedo Drive I got doesn't fit :confused I thought I was going to be smart and get the 2.6 instead of the 2.85. The axle spacer is about an 1/8" longer so now I've got a spare for when I get the alloy wheels and go Supermotard :uriel (that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

More tomorrow (and pictures too)

Greg
  17. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    Here's a pic of the parts all installed. Sorry about the clean bike, HAD to wash off the cow shit to get to the skidplate bolts :doh

Greg

Attached Files:

18. moon

moon Space Cowboy

Oddometer:
    Very sleek and functional. Maybe too sleek. I think you need a pair of PIAA 520s hanging off the front.
  19. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    Razor, That is my homemade 3/32 Aluminum Diamond Plate. No "lip". The corners are 45 deg and it's an optical illusion. Still a work in progress. I have to polish the slots to smooth them up some before they cut my H2W straps :eek: Bungees aren't a problem.

Greg
  20. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    Greg, while I was contemplating what it would take to lower my remus and add the larger left inner bag, it seems like you need a new passenger peg/bag mount on that side. Did you have to do that or did it fit right on? :ear