Baja 1000 2019

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Roadmonster96, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Roadmonster96

Roadmonster96 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello all,

I am planning on spectating at the 1000 this coming year. I will be traveling down in an RV with a CT90 on the back for shorter distance trips and dirt roads. This is my first time heading down to mexico, so any advice beyond what is posted here is appreciated. https://advrider.com/f/threads/is-mexico-safe.546927/

I'm currently looking through old threads on places to spectate, but I hadn't seen much on places to camp as of yet. I would like to dry camp on the beaches as much as possible, and if there is a group I can tag along with that would be most welcome. Please, let me know your favorite places to eat, drink, and camp along the route!
  2. intothewildBC

intothewildBC n00b

Oddometer:

Hi

I am also planning on heading down for the Baja 1000. Let me know how your plans go. I have a camper and a CRF450L. Debating whether or not to just take the bike or both the bike and camper
  3. Roadmonster96

Roadmonster96 n00b

Oddometer:
    WildBC,

My current plan is to enter Baja tuesday morning and get set up in Ensenada, where I will stay at one of the beachfront RV parks. After the race starts, I was planning on heading over to San Felipe and staying on the beach, watching the trucks go by the next day. I will fit in some single track or beach riding in between.
  4. MJS

MJS Long timer

Oddometer:
    You might want to check on the timeline for the race. Fast trucks will probably pass San Felipe late evening through the night. Only stragglers next day. SF is about race mile 500 (depends where you are at). 50mph average for fast trucks, they start at 10:30 am. So 10-12 hrs to SF? Might depend on how Matomi wash goes.

Just an FYI. Enjoy your time in Baja.