Baja Adventure Riders

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by bigtodd, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Andrew_v949

Andrew_v949 n00b

Oddometer:
    that's the plan. Any ideas on places right out of tecate?
  2. renogeorge

renogeorge Let's ride!!

Oddometer:
    I don’t. I haven’t ridden out of Tecate. I’ll bet guys on here come up with suggestions. Maybe check out Regionals for GPS tracks. Have fun!
  3. Beaumont Paco

Beaumont Paco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Head out to the compadre trail to Ojos negros via hiway 2, go east on hiway 3, with some other options like the Casseli memorial then to Mike's for the evening.will post a picture of map for the start.

Attached Files:

Andrew_v949 likes this.
  4. AZ TOM

AZ TOM Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I like where this is heading.
    Beaumont Paco likes this.
  5. Andrew_v949

Andrew_v949 n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm going to need to do a couple warm up rides with him before we tackled something like that. I hear there are some decent starter loops not far from the border off highway 3?
  6. ddowning

ddowning Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hopefully this is the right spot to post this... My good friend and I were all scheduled to do a light adv trip through baja for about 10 days in late january, but he got called back to work and unfortunately I'm now buddy-less and in need of a riding partner or group in order to fulfill my baja dreams. Anybody looking for a riding partner in late january, early february down to baja? I'm based out of orange county. Have DRZ, will travel. In need of friend for beers and tacos and back roads.
    jalapoj likes this.
  7. moto_dmitriy

moto_dmitriy que?

Oddometer:
    That was fun wasn't it. Never will I look at a mudhole the same again. :rofl
    Unfortunately there isn't a really good way to transfer this map but it may help you look for some good trails:
    https://www.strava.com/heatmap#13.07/-116.56957/32.52795/hot/all
  8. Andrew_v949

Andrew_v949 n00b

Oddometer:
    Thank you so much! Ya, my race was going ok until about 4 or so minutes into the second loop. I got caught in that big muddle and stayed there with 2 other guys for about 40 minutes. Bike ran like chit the rest of the second loop and I called it a day after that. Still waiting on parts for the full motor rebuild :becca. With my 300 also down for a top-end, I'm going to be racing my little 200 this weekend in Ridgcrest....should be interesting. Thanks again for those maps!
  9. moto_dmitriy

moto_dmitriy que?

Oddometer:
    Nichols Rock Trail & Fred’s Tractor Trail on a 640 with Lugguage with probably a bit too stupid....
    (What’s that saying I’m glad I did it but never again )
    Window Rock was perfect thought.
    The views are awesome and the riding is great as usual in Baja:
    2F7E6A20-AB10-440C-872E-4A28377A4F2B.jpeg
  10. AllSeasonRider

AllSeasonRider Wandering, maybe a little lost...

Oddometer:
    Man, I gotta get south of the border...
    GalacticGS likes this.
  11. WileyRTW

WileyRTW Wiley

Oddometer:
    I have been sick since the 17th, I hate Puerto Vallarta even more now.
  12. tbarstow

tbarstow Two-wheelin' Fool Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cipro or Zithromax will clear you up.
    WileyRTW likes this.
  13. WileyRTW

WileyRTW Wiley

Oddometer:
    Sorry guys thought this was the is Mex safe thread, obv PV isn't in Baja, I view both daily and wasn't paying attention. Thanks for the tip I will look into those two drugs to see if I can get them in Saigon, as prescription drugs can be bought otc here. I did get an IV and probiotics yesterday so will give them time before going to antibiotics.

Thanks
  14. Motobillb

Motobillb NorCal Fastfar Riders (meetup.com)

Oddometer:
  15. El Zorrillo

El Zorrillo charity case

Oddometer:
    shit, I missed your post until now, I hope you found someone to buddy up with. 10 days is a great chunk of time to do some serious exploring in the northern half of Baja. If you are already down there, make sure to post up pics and details of your ride!
  16. TemeculaTim

TemeculaTim Timiteo Viejo

Oddometer:
    moto_dmitriy likes this.
  17. SFMCjohn

SFMCjohn 13

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

was wondering if anyone knows if we n00bie overloaded-for-camping KLR riders would have made a hard right here and followed the road back up the hill, if we'd have eventually wound up at the Pacific coast, or if we were wise to just have simply backtracked the 10 or 12 miles and returned to the familiar AAA map route to the fish camp on the coast ...?

Road didn't seem to be getting much use past this gate (to the right, not shown in pic), so we didn't want to get into a jackpot ...

here's the google map coordinates of the Mina El Marmolito:
    29.546184, -114.767598
    we came in and backtracked on the road at the top, the road I'm wondering about loops around south and climbs the ridge towards the west at the bottom lhs ...

was out this way a year ago, so thought I'd remember the "correct" route, but a week ago I just guessed wrong at the first big fork after leaving Hwy 1, and went left instead of right ... recognized I was lost when I got to the gate in the pic. :lol3

anyway, we backtracked, so was curious if we could have simply forged ahead to the Pacific and on to Santa Rosalillita without too much trouble, and without having to backtrack ...? :dunno
    Bonnie & Clyde and moto_dmitriy like this.
  18. MufflerBearings

MufflerBearings Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My brother and I were able to squeeze in a quick ride over the weekend:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Snirt-MT, slogger, rjnutt and 8 others like this.
  19. MufflerBearings

MufflerBearings Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just because I'm bored and we all like to look at Baja pictures:

My brother forgot to install his skid plate, so we found a bucket and came up with this high-quality custom piece.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

El Rancho taco shop in Valle T was closed (at 4:00 pm on a Saturday!), so we settled on the Loncheria.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look at these jackasses.

[​IMG]
  20. bigtodd

bigtodd Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer:
    Cutting up a bucket seems perfect for a XR skidplate although pretty sure that is in the HRC accessory kit

[​IMG]