Baja Adventure Riders

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by bigtodd, Oct 11, 2013.

1. El Zorrillo

El Zorrillo charity case

Oddometer:
    Went to watch the Baja Mil last week, my observations:

People who deal with the public in stores, restaurants, etc wear masks 75-80%
    When Mexicans see gringos approach their establishment, their mask goes on pretty quickly if it wasn’t on already( I guess it’s common knowledge that we all have the virus)

Coyote Cals is open but making you go through a ridiculous kabuki dance of thermal thermometer (that was never even looked at) and a squirt of hand sanitizer before you walk in
    Didn’t go to Mike’s
    Pirates cove is open and doing a good business
    Old mill is open but very quiet & slow business
    Acambaro is open, not sure about their policies
    Didn’t go to the other places you listed but pretty sure all are open and would like to see us there

In general, Baja is humming along, taking it all in stride, everyone seems to be out & about and working, not much has changed except masks and the occasional jug of hand sanitizer in front of maybe 10-20% of businesses. If you’re thinking about going, just go. Just don’t forget to wear your mask everywhere.
  2. hammer13

hammer13 n00b

Oddometer:
    Any recommendations for parking near the tecate crossing for a truck and trailer?
  3. Beaumont Paco

Beaumont Paco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Parking at the coffee trailer.
  4. Goofy Footer

Goofy Footer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’ve always had a good experience there.

Directly across the street from the entrance to the gas station. $5 daily maybe $10 daily for the truck & trailer.
    Beaumont Paco and hammer13 like this.
  5. Beaumont Paco

Beaumont Paco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Used it twice too.
  6. Jamie Z

Jamie Z I'm serious. Supporter

Oddometer:
    I haven't been a follower of this thread, but it popped up in a search I just made.

I'm in Baja now, riding a red CB500X. Nothing gnarly. Enjoying the paved and gravel roads.

Currently in San Vicente... with thoughts to ride up toward the Observatory tomorrow as far as I can. I understand the entire park is closed off, but the ride up is worth it.

No definite plans after that, except to keep going south to La Paz eventually.

My internet access is hit and miss, so I won't be able to check this thread often, but I thought I'd throw my name out there in case anyone else is nearby, or has ideas and suggestions for me.

Thanks!
    Rips Millar and AllSeasonRider like this.
  7. El Zorrillo

El Zorrillo charity case

Oddometer:
    I saw in the ride reports thread you were down in Baja right now, and you spent the night at Punta Baja. I’ve been there several times, as recent as last month when I went to watch the Baja 1000.
    Every time I’ve been there it was windy and cold. I hope you were able to find a break from the wind in one of the many abandoned buildings on the point, or maybe near the boat launch. I’ll be keeping an eye on your thread. Be safe, have fun!
    Beaumont Paco, bigtodd and AZ TOM like this.