1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Baja Adventure Riders

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by bigtodd, Oct 11, 2013.

1. PERRO-FROM-HELL

PERRO-FROM-HELL Life is good

Oddometer:

Working on it! right now is a maybe, need to convince my beloved wife!:clap
  2. ToddLite

ToddLite Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You and me both Diego!
  3. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:

hey rich, you must be riding back with a heavy heart. hope you had the chance to see kurt (2x) and got a pic while he went by in a blurr.

many of us felt the same way here. love to hear from you when you get back.
  4. M1Jeep

M1Jeep Long timer

Oddometer:
    I made it home yesterday afternoon without incident. 1044 total miles. The road is now paved all but the last two minutes to the Pemex/Rancho Grande market in Gonzaga bay.

The bikes went through Gonzaga bay around 9am. Rob and I were at Alphonsina's having breakfast and missed the lead riders. Trophy trucks started showing up around 3:00.

I heard of the tragedy and like many am shocked. He was leading the race and had a very good chance at taking 1st from the consecutively winning Honda team.

RIP Kurt.

http://xgames.espn.go.com/rally-mot...ss-champion-kurt-caselli-dies-baja-1000-crash
  5. bigtodd

bigtodd Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer:
    Hey Rich, glad to hear you had a good trip ... 1,000 plus miles, wow!

The tragedy with Kurt is crushing. I had been following his track all day Friday. He was for sure one the true GOOD GUYS of the bike community.
  6. Off Limits

Off Limits Banned

Oddometer:

glad you had a good trip!
  7. M1Jeep

M1Jeep Long timer

Oddometer:
    The trip was an adventure! Long days, lots of beers, tacos, and guns!

[​IMG]

CLICK image to see video:
    [​IMG]
    (B J Baldwin - Monster Energy #1 - 1st Place in TT Class)
  8. Damado

Damado Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That is so cool. Man I got to get my baja into baja. Very cool Rich. So jealous.

I have some time off at the end of January what are the odds of you going down there again

David Amado
  9. M1Jeep

M1Jeep Long timer

Oddometer:
    Quite possible! :wink:
  10. M1Jeep

M1Jeep Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good times for sure. Next time Sean!
  11. roamtheglobe

roamtheglobe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,
    I'm heading to Baja on this Saturday or Sunday for about 5 days of riding, if anyone wants to join let me know.
    Will be leaving San Francisco Friday or Saturday, buying and mounting dirt tires in the parking lot of NCY Motorsports in San Marcos on Saturday or Sunday, and then crossing the border to wander. Will have my 8 gallon Safari tank on. I've driven Baja a few times, but never offroad, so if someone wants to join that would be great.
    Cheers,
    Bill
    [​IMG]
  12. bigtodd

bigtodd Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer:
    Hi Bill, sounds like you have a great weekend ahead of you. Ride safe and enjoy, I'll be doing something similar at the end of the year.
  13. CA Stu

CA Stu Peace and Love

Oddometer:
    I don't even want to know. :rofl

:thumb
  14. M1Jeep

M1Jeep Long timer

Oddometer:
    That was a wild night! Were you able to make it down for the race?
  15. roamtheglobe

roamtheglobe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I postponed Baja til dec 26th when a friend or two can join. Let me know if you are down there about that time...
  16. Racinace

Racinace Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys...
    Heading down to Baja in March for another adventure. Been down there a few times. Raced in the 1000 in 2008-2011 finishing all 4 years. This time I am headed down with a small group, planning to do a fairly big loop. Want to start and finish at Coyote Cals. Counter Clockwise loop down as far a Larado, up the gulf side as far north as Tecate and then back to CC. Total mileage should be somewhere between 1500 and 1800 miles. Looking for tracks of good single track to hit along the way.... Rock trail, 22 day trail, Jim's trail and Campershell have all been mentioned to me but I am looking for GPS tracks if anyone has them and is willing to share.

Also looking for accommodations along the suggested route that shouldn't be passed up. Thanks for the help. Most trips I have taken down there have been to race... Pre-run, pre-run, pre-run x 10 and then repeat on race day....then head home. Basically I've seen a lot of the race course and not a lot of the true treasures that Baja has to offer. Looking for the "off the beaten path" adventures and good technical single track that we can mix in along the way.
  17. Lennys

Lennys Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Racenace start in Tecate and ride across, $5 a day to park ride threw and hit the compadre trail threw Laguna Hanson to Valley T to Mikes 2nd day to San Felipe for lunch to Gonzaga easy day,3rd day up the jeep trail threw horse piss cyn to El Cero and do the Window rock trail to Bay of LA ,4TH day threw El Arco to San Inicio easy day 5th threw La Prisma to Loreto. Look on Ride Reports tread (21 days in baja) and you will see the ride Scott and I did, I only could go as far as Bay of LA on that trip but you sound like your going to have some fun thats for sure.
  18. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:

bill, you will be missed! ride on!

i heard several other guys going to baja after xmas.

:ear
  19. M1Jeep

M1Jeep Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh my gosh!?!? Rest in peace Bill.
  20. bigtodd

bigtodd Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer: