Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Baja Designs, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Baja Designs

Baja Designs Enter: "BDForums" for 10% ADV Discount!

Oddometer:
    Here is a quick beam comparison between the Squadron Pro and XL Pro:
    Note: 1 light is on

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enlarge the images to see a more detailed comparison
    Ludicrous Speed likes this.
  2. Baja Designs

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

The Squadron SAE is shipping now!

Check it out in the video below:
    waylongway likes this.
  3. MadM

MadM Dreamer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hello!

I was just wondering how much heat do Squadron pro/sport lights give up while they are running. Do thy need a constant airflow or can they be enclosed.

Thanks
  4. Baja Designs

Oddometer:
    The amount of heat depends on the application and how long they are running. We do recommend giving them some airflow. The lights do have a built-in thermal management mode if they get too hot. This will dim down the output slightly
    MadM likes this.
  5. Baja Designs

Oddometer:
    Baja Designs *Unofficial* Night Run | Last Dollar Road, CO | 7/19 (Time: TBD)

Are you attending FJ Summit in Ouray, CO? Or do you happen to live near Telluride, Ridgway, or Ouray?
    Bailey is looking for people that are interested in a Night Run up Last Dollar Road. The plan is to meet near the airport in Telluride and take Last Dollar towards Ridgway.

Date: 7/19
    Time: TBD

If you're interested, please message Bailey (here)

Thanks!
    Baja Designs

Here is a shot of the Last Dollar Road lookout during the evening:
    [​IMG]
    Another option:
    If there is enough interest, we can catch the sunset and then finish the trail in the dark.
    twotyred and waylongway like this.
  6. Bryce418

Bryce418 n00b

Oddometer:

Tom, did you ever get the issue figured out? I'm trying to figure out a similar issue on my bosses 18 ktm 300.
  7. Baja Designs

Oddometer:
    BMT - Battery Management Technology

[​IMG]

Our Engineers have put substantial efforts towards ensuring our light bars are running at 100%, while doing this we’ve found the next threshold in pushing our bars that much harder. Your vehicle is only capable of producing a certain amount of current and distributing it to A/C components, Radios, Vehicle ECUs, and other systems. Baja Designs has found a way to pull every last amp out of your vehicle by using our new BMT. We’ve integrated new components onto our circuitry to manage the amount of draw that our OnX6 is pulling from your vehicle. When your vehicles charging system drops below 13.5V with the light bar on, our light will begin to gradually throttle its output to maintain a constant current. Reasons for your vehicle reaching this voltage would be turning on lights, stereo equipment, air compressors, and other accessories. This results in slight dimming to the light, protection of wiring harness, and added protection to all of your vehicle’s electrical system.

Click HERE to learn more
  8. waylongway

waylongway madmax Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is this for sale now..?
  9. Baja Designs

Oddometer:
    The BMT? We've been using it for a little while now!
  10. FinTec

FinTec Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello BajaDesigns,

Received my LP9 the other week for a headlight build on my buddy MechanicO. Almost done with mounts. Looks mean.

The instructions only give what looks like the amps for all front facing lights and then the side lights? Trying to design system right now (programmable power unit), can you answer these questions:

- Amp pull parking light (amber)
    - Amp pull for low beam
    - Amp pull for high beam

I also am going to make the parking light (amber) just part of the low beam circuit. Can't think of why not OK to do this? Understood cannot have low and high on at same time.

Initial input: Arrrrg! 1/4"-20 hardware! Really? Its a metric world. Most motorcycles, UTVs, heck even my friends Ford Raptor is Metric. Nuts, now I have to carry English wrench with just for the head light. Just teasing, not a huge deal, but really not sure why you went English here?
  11. Baja Designs

Oddometer:
    Here are some of the specs:

Backlight: 0.2A
    Low Beam: 4.05A
    High Beam: 9.12A

There is no issue with running the backlight and low beam at the same time.

Baja Designs
    www.bajadesigns.com
  12. FinTec

FinTec Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you! Very helpful.

The manual says to run 12 guage wires for both low and hi beams. However, if the low beam is 4A I should be able to use 16 guage if I go from standard charts. (fyi: distance is maybe 18"). Opinion on this?
  13. Baja Designs

Oddometer:
    We recommend 12 gauge even though the amp draw is fairly low on low beam.
  14. FinTec

FinTec Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Roger that. Can do. Just have a to get a bit creative on the set-up I currently have.

Will post a few pics when done.

Thanks you for the help!
  15. Baja Designs

Oddometer:
    Dual Sport Line To Be Discontinued August 1st

After more than 25 years of producing the light that started it all, Baja Designs is discontinuing their line of Dual Sport Kits. Orders for new Dual Sport Kits will be accepted until August 1, 2019; after which Baja Designs will continue to support the product line while components are available, with an anticipated total phase out by Q1 of 2020*. Baja Designs will continue to produce and sell their popular motorcycle LED headlight replacements, however product with a halogen bulb, turn signal, or taillight will be discontinued on said date.

“It is a bittersweet decision,” expressed Alan Roach, founder of Baja Designs. “I engineered the first Dual Sport Kit in my garage.” While they have seen a slight down-shift in sales of Dual Sport Kits, their LED and Laser light sales have grown exponentially.

[​IMG]

Baja Designs is still hoping to find someone interested in continuing this product line’s legacy while they shift their commitment to drop-in lighting solutions for dirt bikes, adventure bikes, side by sides, ATVs, overland vehicles, and vehicle specific applications. When Deanne Moore, CEO, was asked how she felt about the decision she voiced, “the line deserves more attention than what Baja Designs can offer right now, but it would be a great business opportunity for a motorcycle enthusiast.”

Baja Designs remains focused on creating leading edge lighting solutions and will continue to design our factory replacement LED and Laser headlight kits for dirt bikes. “Our racing heritage and passion for the off-road industry will guarantee that we continue to develop and deliver the highest performing and superior quality lighting solutions we are known for,” Trent Kirby, COO.

*Replacement part availability will be determined by manufacturer availability and require minimum order quantities

Baja Designs
    www.bajadesigns.com
  16. ballisticexchris

ballisticexchris Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the lights guys!! I just finished installing the Squadron Pros on my Super Tenere. They work outstanding!! I expected nothing less. I still have the original 2012 Squadron on my Beta. It worked good enough to get my Iron Butt safely on that bike. I have a PDM that has a built in relay switch so I did not have to use the BD wiring harness but I did. I set it up with the peanut switch to turn on/off lights. Power to the switch turns off and on with the ignition. The adjustment was pretty simple. I had a hard time finding full darkness to adjust. I went to a local parking lot and got them setup there:

Before and after. Pictures do no justice.
    P7220094.JPG P7220097.JPG

Here is a more dramatic difference on our local horse trail. Notice the trees being lit up. These lights are the real deal. I added the Amber caps for daytime riding.

P7220099.JPG

P7220098.JPG
  17. outbackflyer

outbackflyer Of.

Oddometer:
    Hi Bailey, I am asking for your advice on the correct lighting kit for my 2019 Husqvarna FE 501 Enduro, I think the product would be 507022?, with the dimmer harness, but I’m not sure, I would like to keep the original mask , any assistance appreciated, thanks john from AliceSprings AUSTRALIA
  18. Baja Designs

Oddometer:
    Looks great!

Thanks for sharing with us

Baja Designs
    www.bajadesigns.com
  19. Baja Designs

Oddometer:
    Hi!

Here are the parts you need:

XL Pro, 17+ Husqvarna
    https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/XL-Pro-LED-Husqvarna-Kits-17.asp

Dimmer (KTM/Husqvarna)
    https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/xl-ktm-hi-low-harness.asp

Everything will drop into the factory mask and plug into your existing wiring. Let me know if you have more questions
  20. Baja Designs

Oddometer: