1. eNewsletter Sign Up

baja end o february

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by trailtrick, Jan 12, 2009.

1. DannyG

DannyG I have the waypoint.

Oddometer:
    will know next day or 2.... don't know what happened since i was with TT in front of the group..
    this bike does not have one peace that was not damaged...

no since i didn't finish my trip i'm thinking going again next month for the same track:wink:

the group (5) will be back in the US 2moro:clap
  2. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    :rofl

i was waiting for xymotic to post "next in line"....:lol3
  3. notmybikemodelname

notmybikemodelname KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer:
    I'm already wroking on the next trip with TT for April.
  4. notmybikemodelname

Oddometer:
    Looking to build another bike. From the ground up this time. All I want is a frame and an engine.
  5. DannyG

Oddometer:
    i'll keep you in mind :wink:
  6. tbarstow

tbarstow Two-wheelin' Fool Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just rolled into home. I bashed up my knee on day 2, so I cut across to El Rosario for a couple of days. The other 4 were supposed to meet me there Monday night, but I never saw them.

Great trip. I'd do it again in a heart beat!

Tim
  7. Gregg Wannabe

Gregg Wannabe Just killing time

Oddometer:
    Steve, Javier, Rich , TBarstow and I made it to Bay of LA on Saturday but Tim headed north on Sunday. The 4 of us made it to San Francisquito then over to Bahia Tortugas spending the night on the rocks near town. Monday up as far as Catavina. Sorry Tim we tried for El Rosario but we were beat and it was already 8 pm and we had been riding for a couple of hours in the dark when we pulled in. Tuesday (today) we slabbed it all the way home. Javier and Rich split off in Ensenada to pick up their truck at RSV. Steve and I crossed in TJ.

Lots of great stories and pics to follow. But for now, I need a beer, a shower and a nap.

Sorry about Alon and Piero.
  8. DannyG

Oddometer:
    when is the re-do???:wink:
  9. dirtdiver

dirtdiver Long timer

Oddometer:
    Welcome back. We are all looking forward to the story. :evil :evil steve
  10. notmybikemodelname

Oddometer:
    April.
  11. RichK

RichK Long timer

Oddometer:
    Javi and I just unloaded. He's on his way to Frazier Park. I'm whipped. Basically it was slab from Catavina to Santa Clarita for me. Did we get a price on the Beemer carnage yet?

Rich
  12. trailtrick

trailtrick goat trail rider

Oddometer:
    Glad you make it safe Tim ,sorry abouth ben late .Good trip .Hope Pier and Alan are ok also
  13. DannyG

Oddometer:
    the bike is @ the NP BMW dlr.
  14. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    hi tim, i presume your knees only need rest and nothing else. what happened?

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>Yesterday 10:00 PM</TD></TR><TR title="Post 9212383" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>RichK</TD><TD class=alt2>Javi and I just unloaded. He's on his way to Frazier Park. I'm whipped. Basically it was slab from Catavina to Santa Clarita for me. Did we get a price on the Beemer carnage yet?

Rich

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

wow on a 525exc..:eek1 you're a studly rider.. rich.:D

we'll give you guys another 24 hrs before we start demanding for pics....8(H

EDITED 4 HOURS LATER: 20 HOURS AND WAITING!
  15. piercalif

piercalif Biciveloce

Oddometer:
    Nice group good friends... was just hard to leave, my foot had to try really hard to convince my head
  16. amazing ricardo

amazing ricardo Piste Off

Oddometer:
    ..well..while we are waiting for the others to report in.. this is what occurred friday afternoon..

"Option D Racing" was out pre-ridding the north half of the race course, from the start to RM 93, moriela junction. Bob and I had gassed Ryan (our race rider) up at RM55, then swung south to RM93 to gas him up again, and then head to pete's camp to service and prep the bike.

While driving up Zoo Road, right at the intersection to the highway, we see two riders working on a bike.. (Javier?? and ??) we stopped, asked if they were ok, and when they said they were good we continued up zoo road to moriela jct.

We passed a few more bikes, and wondered if it was the ADV group.

While waiting for Ryan at Moriela Jct. we see a couple of more bikes passing us, then Ryan pulls in.. a bit after that, while gassing up the race bike, a bmw dakar passes by.. a bit later we see another bike, following the race course (south) and he appears to be wondering which direction to take (DannyG)

I flagged him over, and ask if he's with the ADV group, and we introduce ourselves.. i tell him the rest of his group, including the dakar, went east to san felipe, not south following the race course.. we then ask him about the downed rider (Piero) Ryan told us about when he pulled in..

he said he left the guy in the sand with a sore ankle and was going to join up with the group..

..we asked his plans, (none) then told him, we could go retrieve the downed rider, and take him to his group..

..then roundstock (steve) appeared and joined the search and rescue of piero..

bob and i jumped in the truck, and the riders took off.. ryan came back a few times to point out the easier way to the location for the truck to take..

..i'll let ryan chime in here as he was closer to the action..

..so.. everything is loaded and we are ready to head to town...but..right before we headed back to san felipe, i spoke directly with steve..roundstock, and asked him to wait for all of us to regroup when we hit the road..

he said he would, and that his group had meeting points at the zoo road intersection, the arches, and rice and beans on the malecon..

when we go to the road.. no one was there..

so we drove to the arches.. no one was there.. then we drove to the malecon and waited again.. on one there..

thanks roundstock!!! thanks a bunch!!!

after waiting for over an hour, we said fukit.. and drove back to pete's

now back to ryan's interpretation..

so.. we help out a downed rider..haul him out of the sand, and get fuked.. we follow a wild assed goose chase.. whlile these fuks are all drinking..

thanks roundstock!!! thanks a bunch!!!
  17. trailtrick

Oddometer:
    Hey you shut no we n eed a drink too:freaky and if the down rider don't get back by 11pm ,we look for him in the morning:rofl :lol3
  18. amazing ricardo

amazing ricardo Piste Off

Oddometer:
    ..excellent plan.. i know we won't be riding together...
  19. trailtrick

Oddometer:
    Well i guess i satrt the rr.Friday we were up early Steve and Tim show up in time ,we left santa veronica around 8:30 am we went less the 10 miles and i stop in the military check point ,chat we the guys ,waith for 40 m inutes and heard a bike ,and some guys went buy but not are group i went back and find out Tim lost his helmet camera and can't find it ,so we continue to ojos negros ,we take a left to valle the trinidad and to the race course ,we rode for 30 miles or so o road and went the first silt and whoops section show up Alan crash and wipe off the comp[lete fronty fearing,cluster,fender and wath ever is at the front o the pig,went i so the bike i can belive it ,but we continue to san felipe to spend the night ,rich and i went ahead so we can fix Rich gas leak went we waith ,but we did that and more ,after a while Steve show uop and tell us the Danny and Alan have a pick nick set up in the trail ,Theme we went to see if we found the other guys ,spend the night in Pete and drink few beers ,next morning Greg fix Pier tire and we separate from theme to continue south ,we make it to Gonzaga with only 2 flat tires ,get some food and beers and took off to coco's corner ,we were making good time back but Tim deside the see how hard the rocks are in baja and took a dump in a corner ,we continue in calamuje wash to the hwy and that was the end o the day ,we slab from there to bahia de los angeles ,more food and beer and went to bed ,next morning Tim was hurtin'g bad and we decide the send him to el roasrio and meet him some time monday .and Steve,Greg,Rich and myself head south to san farancisquito and from there to el arco ,vizcaine and bahia o tortugas ,we got there at dark ,eat ,gas up and went to slep in the rocks ,i sleppin the rocks with out a pad (ouch),monday we woke up early and rode to malarrimo beach got lost ,went back to town ask directions and find the way out ,and front there slab home
  20. trailtrick

Oddometer:
    Hey i go back for you:D