Baja February 2020. Looking for someone who may want to travel together.

Discussion in 'Americas' started by BK.RD.RNR, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Davidprej

Davidprej Davidprej Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just found this link and I have one question. Is there anyone who is NOT going to Baja in Jan. 2020? :D Seriously, it's great to have a place like this to share plans and to join others on the trip. No 2020 Baja trip for moi, but maybe 2021. So leave some of the Baja-ness for when I can get down there. Have a great trip guys!
    webbmx and Rips Millar like this.
  2. MrO66

MrO66 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Parked at the lot on top of the hill for a couple weeks in November, no issues. November prices were 5.00 per day or 50 a month. Tons of space for truck / trailer parking, gravel lot.
    webbmx likes this.
  3. BK.RD.RNR

BK.RD.RNR Torque Stick

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have a suggestion/ contact info to a reliable source for Mexican Motorcycle insurance?
  4. Hohmie

Hohmie Long timer

Oddometer:
    We have always used BajaBound for ins., we have never turned in a claim though.
    BK.RD.RNR likes this.
  5. Meritlane

Meritlane Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We just got hooked up with Baja Bound for our adventure starting tomorrow. Funny thing, it's now the ad I see here all the time.
    BK.RD.RNR likes this.
  6. Tab01

Tab01 n00b

Oddometer:
    By Crout Bill have you found any riders yet? I have been thinking of riding down to Baja and might be interested in tagging along. I don’t have any experience in Mexico but I’m up for the adventure. I live in So Cal and ride a KLR650.
  7. Tab01

Tab01 n00b

Oddometer:
    By Crout Bill I replied to you earlier but it didn’t post for some reason. If your still looking for a riding partner i’d be up for it. I also have not experience in Mexico but i’m sure we can figure it out. Anyway if you’d like a partner to ride with hit me up I live in So Cal and ride a KLR650. You can email me at tabngab@yahoo.com and we can exchange phone numbers.
  8. ddowning

ddowning Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I’m on a DRZ400 and looking to do some more gnarley single track/light ADV type stuff. Tentative dates would be Jan17-30 but I’m flexible. I’m 27 and a half decent rider. Love long walks on the beach and sketchy hill climbs. Speak ok Spanish. My friend for this ride got called back to work early and now I’m in need of a partner. Based out of Orange County, if you’re traveling from far you can park your rig at my place and depart from there, or whatever. Shoot me a DM if this suits your fancy.
  9. HellsAlien

HellsAlien a has-been that never-was

Oddometer:
    If you make it to Bahia de Conception, Mulege we got a couple abandoned 2-track escarpment climbs that can make a grown man cry.

Bring common sense and skills/equipment for field repair/self-rescue.

Ride fast, take chances, safety third.
    ddowning likes this.
  10. ddowning

ddowning Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I’d love to hear about those two tracks. I was in mulege on a sailboat in 2015. Sweet little town. Could you drop me a waypoint or GPX track?
  11. EvilClown

EvilClown Standing by to standby for a possible disregard Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    We've used this... https://www.mexadventure.com/ ...meaning bought it. No claims so far.

:y0!

I'll be going in February/March.:bandit

:D
    BK.RD.RNR likes this.
  12. Davidprej

Davidprej Davidprej Supporter

Oddometer:
    You know I'm saying that because I'm envious! One day. Have fun!
  13. HellsAlien

Oddometer:
    I lost all my tracks 2 years ago when I slammed into a mex goat south of town. GPS flew off never to be seen again.

I think best you show up, we figure out if we should do these routes. They have been hammered by hurricanes at least three times since I last traversed these areas. Meaning, it's not just eroded, it's turned back into a mountain again, for some sections.
    Those sections are the highest and most remote in this area.
    Would you attempt to climb Denali based on someone's old track? It's sorta like that.
    So if you show, you qual for figuring out if we can go do these places safe and have fun.
  14. ddowning

ddowning Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Safety third, right? You’ve stoked my interest. Time will tell if I make it that far.
  15. HellsAlien

Oddometer:
    Hope you can, safe travels!
  16. advrockrider

advrockrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm headed down in March with a couple of guys, we will be on 990's. I think the best border crossing is Tecate, I've never had to stop. The last few years we have been parking just before Tecate on the right at one of the parking lot's. $70 for a month with a truck and trailer, they have cameras and no one will mess with your stuff, gated but not locked. You leave payment in an envelope and drop it in the door slot, never seen anyone there, Cheap, fast and easy.
  17. Md11 flyer

Md11 flyer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm looking at doing a ride from Colorado Springs to La Paz and back maybe late February if I can get the vacation approved. Two, maybe three weeks. what dates are you looking at?
  18. BK.RD.RNR

BK.RD.RNR Torque Stick

Oddometer:
    We plan to cross the border southbound on2/6, and back north again by the 17th.
    rnrdozer likes this.
  19. shrederscott

shrederscott Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi all

Plan on crossing Feb 1-2

KTM 350 mix of camp and hotels, riding to Cabo ... Mostly dirt

Gonna take about 3 weeks

Riding solo, love to join other like minded riders

Scott
    dirty adventurer and rnrdozer like this.
  20. Enduro_Sibiu

Enduro_Sibiu Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello!
    I wish I can make it!
    I'm in Ohioand last year in August, I purchased my first Adventure bike (a KTM 1090 Adventure R).
    I would like to attend at BDR, Touratech and KTM Adventure Rally, but I'm also interested in putting some Adventure rides with other people.
    Most likely, I'm not going to be able to make it to the Baja trip, but please let me know if you're planning a future trip (even to Canada).
    Thank you.
    Adrian.