Baja GPS mapsets

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Mexico, Central & South America' started by Guaglione, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Guaglione

Guaglione Untethered

Oddometer:
    Anybody used these mapsets before?

Thoughts? Impressions? Observations?
  2. Hammer

Hammer Hawlin' aZZ

Oddometer:
    Goin' somewhere, bro?
    I'm going in June. I'm working on my plans now. Mainly a plan to ride Baja to Lapaz or Cabo. May ferry across for the return, or just turn around & ride some more desert back up the penninsula.
    June 15- July somethin'
    How 'bout you?
    I've looked for maps, too. Since I don't have a Garmin, the LBs aren't much use to me. LB quit the Magellan topos of Baja when Magellan gave them some flak. I don't know any more of the story than that. I decided to buy the Baja GPS guidebook and just load waypoints til my fingers bleed. Plenty 'nuff info to get me in trouble.... :norton

I s'pose you might ride yer pig down there. Not me. My knobs are too tall for freeway use. The right kind of pain can be pleasureable, but that's not the right kind.
  3. Guaglione

Guaglione Untethered

Oddometer:
    Yeah, me and some pals are off to Baja in March for a week. We're gonna trailer the GS's down to San Diego.

It's nice that you have that much time to explore.
  4. dtop1

dtop1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I downloaded a sample map section of the Expedition map (a slice from south Ensenada to Santo Tomas) and was impressed by the detail and the apparent accuracy when I drove through that section a couple of weeks ago. The GPS tracked me right on the road. Dan
  5. gaspipe

gaspipe Wandering Soul

Oddometer:
    I have these, but haven't been to Baja yet since I got 'em. I'll be headed there sometime in the Spring (I hope) and will check out some of the more remote stuff. There are roads/trails I've ridden already that aren't on them, but then again, they're not in the Almanac either.

6. bikeworm

bikeworm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought both the topo and road software and went to Baja for the 1000 last Nov. The maps are right on. Great Tech support too.
  7. winterhk

winterhk *Disminuya Su Velocidad*

Oddometer:
    Nuther thumbs up for the LB Maps. I just purchased the navigator via Paypal, Larry emailed it immediately and I'm ecstatic at how detailed it is! Going to make my inaugural Baja trip alot more fun!

:clap