Baja Thanksgiving ride- By my self

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by DEVO46, Nov 19, 2018.

1. ztrab

ztrab Long timer

Oddometer:
    They are very accommodating, great restaurant too. Great write up on a mostly solo effort. BB760539-2691-43AA-94D1-AE85B801C241.jpeg
  2. mx813

mx813 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ahhh....I failed to see the phonetic connection. I've been there a few times.

Just trying to see what my ride options are between Gonzaga Bay and San Felipe for my last day riding.
  3. DEVO46

DEVO46 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry, I got inspired by Edventures ride report and went down with my Daughter for Christmas on my KTM 1190R. 9 days 1800 miles will post a new ride report and finish this one. 20181224_100910.jpg
    Holaday, Cafeguzzi and ScotsFire like this.
  4. liv2day

liv2day Is Anyone Here a Marine Biologist! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Damn...that's a kickass way to spend Xmas :thumb

Great pic @DEVO46 :nod :nod
  5. WileyRTW

WileyRTW Wiley

Oddometer:
    You should see if he will put up a basic map at the gate, so others know what to do when they encounter it.
  6. climberevan

climberevan planning the next journey

Oddometer:
    Good TR; thanks for putting in the effort.

I did both ways last year and thought I had had enough Baja for a while, but it's working its way into my imagination again already!
  7. SP's Dad

SP's Dad Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The rancher allowed 4 of us to pass thru a few days ago.
    ztrab likes this.
  8. ztrab

ztrab Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm coming through there mid-Feb. I was hoping if I asked the rancher for a pass and brought a little something for him, he will let us through. I've been pretty lucky with ranchers since I'm an old guy. Good to know he let you through, Thanks!
  9. Donedone

Donedone Done Done

Oddometer:
    Great report and good job guys keeping it updated- Planning a trip in April. Rode the mud hills last spring (staying at Pt. San Carlos kiting/surfing with bikes). Had a blast playing in the mud hills and ran into few guys passing through on BN trail. They were on the southern side of the hills, next to mesa (avoiding gate).
  10. zzo

zzo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm confused. What gives you the right to take down fences? I'd be furious if you took down my fences and call the sheriff if I could identify you. Are you just utterly irresponsible and totally disrespectful of whoever owns or leases this area? Please explain why this was okay.
  11. DEVO46

DEVO46 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I miss labeled it. It was a classic baja access gate made of sticks and wire, undo some wire go thru and rewire.
    I alway make sure I put it back better than I found it.
    Usually there is a sign "Please close" But we were out in the middle of nowhere.
    It is very common in Baja, I probably had to go thru 8 to 10 this trip.
    There was only one that had a sign on my second day that said "No Moto's" so I found another way.
    Donedone likes this.
  12. zzo

zzo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok. Thanks for the explanation. Guess it shows my ignorance of Baja gates. Thanks for the trip report.
    Donedone likes this.
  13. Donedone

Donedone Done Done

Oddometer:
    All gates are the same... open, leave open... closed, leave closed.. no means NO!
    Side note: If you ride enough Baja and you come to a No/No gate... just keep coming back, chances are it will probable be gone in a few yrs :) and thats why we love BAJA :) you just never know...
  14. bajaburro

bajaburro Ancient Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rancher's lock many of their gates these days.All this because of the stupid tours,they have ruined Baja.I have heard that the local Americans living in Baja have taken to removing their ribbons and turn arrows.