Bald Eagle State Forest, PA

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by NJDRT-RDR, Mar 29, 2016.

1. NurseBill

NurseBill Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We all split off around 3. I trekked over to the Sand Mountain Lot as there were a few roads I wanted to check out and check out the road below Penn's View. That's where I found the tunnel at Coburn. I didn't know it was there!
    KIMG0143.JPG
    KIMG0146.JPG
    map2.jpg

My rear tire has had it.
    dstutz likes this.
  2. dstutz

dstutz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Had a good time yesterday. Quiet on the "work days" as we like it. We start/end at the western lot, when we got there and were unloading there was a guy on a 2 stroke sitting just inside the gate, he took off before we were ready, never spoke to him and we never saw another bike in the park the rest of the day. Had one minor issue with buddy's WR250R, he split his radiator hose just above the clamp but it was pretty easy to loosen the clamp, cut the hose, push it down and reclamp it. We headed back on easier gravel and took some of the easier trails once we were close to truck.

The lower end of Horseshoe bend and that connector trail that goes northeast up to Middle Ridge Trail off Hunter Rd gave us the most trouble. The latter is where the radiator hose damage occurred. I didn't lay the bike down this time on either of those spots but I also didn't make up clean without stopping, lol.

Also earlier on I had increased my clickers on the forks a little but that turned out to be the wrong idea and I backed them off a lot after getting up Little Poe Rd (I think it's named, not marked on map) and things were much better on the rocks, wasn't getting deflected nearly as bad.

As is customary after the first time completely avoided High Top trail and the not-exactly-fun downhill at the end of it and just took Swift Run Rd instead. We're not sadists...
    NurseBill likes this.
  3. NurseBill

Oddometer:
    The older I get the less I like the rougher stuff. Most of the time I'm alone so... not a good idea to do anyhow. If you ever hear about a guy getting eaten by a bear over there, it'll be me.
    fatbikeracer and Sonny S. like this.
  4. NurseBill

Oddometer:
    I'll be over Sunday for the day.
    Dr. Beat likes this.
  5. Dr. Beat

Dr. Beat Rock steady

Oddometer:
    I think we rode together this morning!
  6. NurseBill

Oddometer:

Yes we did!!! You missed me falling off in a parking lot and on Pine Ridge/Krebs Gap! that trail is in bad shape.

baldeagle3.JPG

92919.jpg
    Sonny S. and dstutz like this.
  7. mosey.levy

mosey.levy Long timer

Oddometer:
    So are any trails open Oct 11th weekend?
    Looks like 7 mountain is closed already.
    What about Shade Mountain Trail?
    I think i read its open all year. Is that any fun?
  8. NurseBill

Oddometer:
    It's rough