Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by Buzztail, Jun 20, 2019.
I could, but entrance would require a tetanus shot to view some of them
We are inbound and it ain’t cold. @Buzztail @dwrobin
Need more smokes already!
The PAR block party at Barbers will soon commence.
Yo mini. Give me a shout. Still have my number?
The Buzz i know would have put that UGS front wheel over the Line!
104.1 on my dash yesterday on the way up. This afternoon spent staring at Lotuses. I love Barber.
The Buzz you know has a campsite for the BMW’s so We have elbow room to unpack
Was good to see everyone, and the ride up with @sperz1 and @dwrobin (who’s a superstar for riding a heavily laden 390 Duke up and back!!)was some much needed fun! I’m still not sure what all you high dollar guys are talking about when you say stuff like “modes” and “water cooling”
Overnighting at MMS with @Mugwest is always a honor and the hospitality is off the charts! I’m lucky to have the CEO/CFO/Guru as a family member
Thanks to @YJake for the campfire and the chatter.
Quote of the weekend came from @Mini Trail "It wouldn't be Barber if I didn't have to work on something to either stay alive or get home"
To the chick that pulled out in front of me on hwy 25 this morning
That completes most of my ride report
Great ride, great friends, great weekend..
My drive home was uneventful if long. I got unloaded, showered & dressed & pushed on to the airport where my flight was delayed until it was inevitable that I would miss my connection. I drove home through a terrible storm & have to try again in a few hours. So for what it's worth the Mini Trail were more reliable than Delta today.
Thanks for a great weekend guys, really enjoyed. Have to do it again next year, maybe I'll remember to take some pictures then
You need some light on that thing.
Same ole boneheads, "I didn't see you"
Some realizations from the weekend:
1) I still pack way too much shit
2) Packing too much shit leaves too little room for beer
3) Having friends with hard luggage is a good thing when buying beer
4) I need a Honda Monkey
5) I also need a Trail70
6) The stock UGS seat is better without the Sheepskin
7) I hope BMW makes the 1800 Cruiser Concept because I’ll have to own one
8) slow racing will get you sent to jail just as much as fast racing evidently
9) @YJake is not as good at promoting me to demo something as @Dr.Z is
10) Friends are good. Beer is good. Friends who can tote beer is good.
11) Greek guys running food trucks are evidently under a LOT of stress- could be from the liquid diabetes he’s serving up and calling it lemonade.
12) The UGS is a shit ton of fun no matter what environment I put it in
13) You can use a minitrail for downed rider rescue, but ratchet straps on an ATV are worth more than life itself
14) if you lose the key to your 250 Rebel you just yank the tank and fill it from the petcock side
15) fresh “blue juice” in the shitter will set your eyeballs on fire
Another great Weekend at Barbers and another goofy tale. Sat in line for a while to get Mr Pentons autograph and about 5 seconds of chat time
(First photo). Went over to the lunch/brunch set up for a break and he sat at my table and we watched the Mizzou game together. (Second photo) all good, peace, out
Just arrived home in the torrential rain. (Why is waterproof gear not waterproof?)
This was my first trip to Barber, what a great time! No way to see it all in 3 days, guess I have to go back next year.
16) you could always just come to my camper & drink my beer - out of a cooler - full of ice
17) you could always tell me you will come to my camper & I'll bring burgers & such to cook (instead of me mooching off of the other people who have campers & tons of extra food & beers)
18) I can't pack too much shit, (I can pack more shit than I care to unload)
19) Pensacola is a lot closer to Birmingham than Jacksonville
20) I'll be back there next year if I don't have too much cancer from the shitter juice
21) At 230lbs, it’s still possible to accidentally loop a
after 12 beers.
My COG friend has this rig in red. Picked up at the swap meet a couple years ago and it is a frickin hoot to ride at BVF.
One more to add to the list of needs