Bass Lake 250 this weekend

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by craigincali, Jul 14, 2005.

1. craigincali

craigincali I'll try it.

Oddometer:
    LKN4DRT and I are heading up to Bass Lake Friday morning. Anyone else gonna be up thereto do the ride!?
  2. G-Force Junkie

G-Force Junkie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Supposed to, pre entered and such...but a fiascio at work today may prevent it[​IMG] We will see if I get it sorted out tomorrow.

Mike
  3. craigincali

craigincali I'll try it.

Oddometer:
    What are you riding?

I am on a 99 KTM 640 AdventureR blue and orange
    LKN4DRT is on a stock 450EXC
    Keep an eye out for us and say "hi"!
  4. G-Force Junkie

Oddometer:
    Hope you had fun, was'nt able to make it. My dad and his buddy said riding was good, weather hot, and rollchart horrable[​IMG]I wish I could have made it, this ride, and the Penguins ride in SLO are my yearly favorites. Maybe catchup with ya on some other ride.

Mike
  5. dagwood

dagwood Banned

Oddometer:
    :lol3
    last time I road around Bass lake the whole east side trees had some beatle infestation and were all dead. did they ever get that fire trap cleared out?
    and taking the boat to the bar on the lake before it was full of yuppies :thumb
    damn that was like 25 years ago :hide
  6. craigincali

craigincali I'll try it.

Oddometer:
    I also heard the roll chart had some issues but we doing GPS and confirming w/ the roll chart so we never got lost or anything. I loved riding through the forrest. Having to go under trees and around logs, through rivers was bitchin' (I have only ridden in the desert prior to this).

I was great scenery too. The dust kinda killed it for me. At least in the desert it has somewhere to go. In the trees it just sits there. I could not se where I was going about 2/3 of the time. Suprise ruts and branches are no fun.

We meet some good people and had a great time. One note to anyone who may want to stay at Sierria Sky Ranch: They DO NOT have air conditioning (it was 111 all weekend), their food was terrible IMO, our room did not lock, and the owners were great FWIW. The owners let us come back to the hotel after the ride on Sunday to shower up andget al cleaned up before driving back home.
  7. G-Force Junkie

Oddometer:
    Ya, they did that for us last year, opened up a couple of unused rooms and let us change/shower.