Batcave Tech Night

Discussion in 'Canada' started by adiablolex, Jan 15, 2009.

1. adiablolex

adiablolex Lost again

Oddometer:
    That's right.
    It's that time of the year that I'm itchy to take something apart and fix it.(or break it)
    It all started here: click
    So far it's a couple of guys with a couple of bikes that wanna do repair and maintenance.
    Everyone's welcome, bring your own bikes(BYOB), bring your own tools(BYOT), bring your own beer(BYOB:evil ), bring your own meat(BYOM:eek1 ) and we'll burn it and eat it while drinking your beer.
    As there are many people that may require more than a few hours of work, I'm thinking of overnighting it and go from there.
    Let's use this thread to put it together, shall we?
    So far master Drif10 will provide the oil head entertainment, moi can tickle your Oranges and whoever else has knowledge that would like to share please do so.
    THE DATE IS SET FOR SATURDAY JAN 24TH.
    Let's see what we make of this.:ear
  2. doughy

doughy Less excitable then I used to be

Oddometer:

Sheeeeeeeet Homey.... I can fit one more bike in my kitchen...:evil :rofl

I will just come for supprt, and an extra hand.. I guess....too many parts to carry down the elevator..
  3. adiablolex

adiablolex Lost again

Oddometer:
    You mean if Sheena brings you......:arch
  4. doughy

Oddometer:

Yeah right, I am not letting her around you guys after red meat and booze.... I'll get a lift with someone who might put out for the boyz... I'll ask Uber......:D

When you planning this shindig????
  5. kahoon

kahoon who's yer daddy??

Oddometer:
    :scratch

i thought this was a summer thing :bert i guess i'm out :cry kahoonster is over due, baby any day now :eek1

maybe a repeat in the summer :thumb

:lobby
  6. adiablolex

adiablolex Lost again

Oddometer:
    Summer is when we break them. Winter is when we fix them. :scratch

So did you paint Kahoonsters room blue or orange? :norton
  7. kahoon

kahoon who's yer daddy??

Oddometer:

:evil:evil:evil:evil:evil

[​IMG]
  8. adiablolex

adiablolex Lost again

Oddometer:
    :lobby just for that you get unlimited admission to the Batcave technights.
  9. doughy

Oddometer:
    Kahoon that is awsome!!! :clap :clap

Alex, do you have a pipe bender? Something small? to do a mid pipe? think if I brough my little tig, I could make up some pipe work for my bike? I can probably do it with just some torches.....HMMMMM
  10. drcool

drcool R.I.P. Dave

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the Highjack Alex,

Go Kahoonster Go!!!!

Good luck with the impending birthing. I have a few anniversary Rocky Patel stoggies awaiting such an occasion. Keep us all posted Papa.

Highjack off.
  11. drcool

drcool R.I.P. Dave

Oddometer:
    Pick you pipe sizes and I'll see if my muffler man can get some 90's and pipe. It would do a way nicer job:evil .
  12. drcool

drcool R.I.P. Dave

Oddometer:
    In
  13. adiablolex

adiablolex Lost again

Oddometer:
    no bender, I'm with the Dr. on this one. Get some pieces prebent and weld them up.
  14. Ooobah-Moto

Ooobah-Moto Banned

Oddometer:
    Next weekend would be PERFECT!!!!

I'M IN.

hmmmmm..... can I fit a sled and bike on my 4x8 trailer?!?!? :augie

Anyway, here's my list of duties:
    -Swap tires
    -Change oil and filter
    -Clean and sync. carbs.
    -Adjust valves (will anyone have a supply of shims????)
    -Pop a new battery in
    -maybe have a drink.... or two........ or three....:D
  15. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    I'm in.

My bike isn't due service for a while, so I'm not bringing it. Whoever does need their BMW done, bring it down, and I'll show you what you should and shouldn't touch.

I'll bring my tools for the BMW jobs, along with my dial gauges for the synch.

How you fixed for lighting in your cave, Alex? I've got some portable halogens I can bring, lemme know.

A reminder: Bring your own consumables! Filters, oils, what have you. If you're bringing an Airhead, I think I still have a spare filter and can bring that, just tell me.
  16. adiablolex

adiablolex Lost again

Oddometer:
    You can bring the halogens mang, the cave electrical is not done yet :thumb
  17. adiablolex

adiablolex Lost again

Oddometer:
    Dr. Osteo has a kit of KTM shims. We can borrow it and pay him large sums of money or sexual favors for the ones we take. Usually every shim taken out of the kit is replenished by your old one that is still good anyway.

Paging Dr.O to the Orange hotline
  18. osteo

osteo Motion is Life

Oddometer:
    Sexual favours.... for my dog!! haha! :lol3 she'd be so pleased!!!! as I am not sure i would want them from you guys!!! :lol3 :lol3

I was thinking about this and it would be a good idea (is your driveway cleared?!). I may come up and visit depending on the day, but I can only make the 25th for a few hours... my bikes will be staying home as the Beast is sleeping soundly after having a lot of work done already and the 1/2 Beast is 90% ready for the Sandblast and I don't want to expose it to road salt.

The shims are available, if someone would care to order a couple 3.05-3.25 sized shims to add to the kit I would appreciate it as I think the largest in there is 3.00 and probably only 2 of them and there are a fair number of shims in the 2.60-2.85 range I think (I can go out and check if need be).

D
  19. adiablolex

adiablolex Lost again

Oddometer:
    you da mang Dr.O :thumb
    Uber can order the extra shims and we'll replenish the kit as we go along.
    The driveway will be cleared so you don't have to get stuck this time :dood
  20. Ooobah-Moto

Ooobah-Moto Banned

Oddometer:
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CMichaell%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} span.EmailStyle15 {mso-style-type:personal; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Arial; mso-ascii-font-family:Arial; mso-hansi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial; color:windowtext;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Dennis,<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Let me know exactly what needs to be ordered (i.e. replenish the shim kit).<o:p></o:p>
    I’ll order it today and pick it up when I grab a filter next week (hopefully they'll be in on time).<o:p></o:p>
    BTW…. You boys have any suggestions as per a new battery?! Should I buy the stocker from Parker or will an autoparts store have something similar that works!?!??!<o:p></o:p>