Bay Area ADVer's lunch: Wed, Aug 27

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by doc riverz, Aug 21, 2003.

1. pierce

pierce Ex Tourer

Oddometer:
    hokay, looking like I'll make it, but it may be closer to 1pm by the time I get there. dawdle, y'all here?
  2. doc riverz

doc riverz anatra di seduta

Oddometer:
    Prepare to dawdle...dawdle!

Did I not put the meeting point (Hwys 84 and 35) in the first post? ...I thought I did...
  3. pierce

pierce Ex Tourer

Oddometer:
    like, here.... (this is MY route, anyways, yall can make up your own...)

[​IMG]
  4. Humungus

Humungus no it doesn't

Oddometer:
    in
  5. thwack

thwack Long timer

Oddometer:
    Damn...back at work already...I should've taken pierce's route instead. :):

It was great to meet ADVriders for the first time (Jocflier, Crash, R-dubb, pierce, BoJangles, Jean-Luc, etc) and to see some familiar faces (Doc, Ricardo, and others I'd met at the 49er Rally even if they forgot).

There were over a dozen of us there but I'm not smart enough to remember all the names so I listed just the ones I could remember.

Those of you that skipped lunch missed seeing a minty fresh KTM LC8 get parked horizontally...oops! No harm, no foul ("it's a dirt bike, it'll have more"), but good drama (and a nice bike...just a wee bit taller than my GS but lighter and more fun).

I usually take Skyline from Saratoga to get to Alice's, but this time I took 280-84...84's fun when you're not stuck behind a cage (just the last half of the way down).

When's the next one? I like taking two hour lunch breaks during the work week! :rofl

Thwack
  6. Renazco

Renazco Formerly AKA Boejangles

Oddometer:
    Twack, I knew it was coming :rofl Did you guys ever see that commercial when the dirt bikes are at the starting gate and there all dressed ready to race and out of the corner comes this guy with a 1960's helmet and a dated motocross bike and before the race starts he releases the clutch to fast and drops his bike and the voice on the commercial says "Don't be that guy"? We'll I was that guy today! It was nice meeting all of you today, your a good bunch!
  7. thwack

thwack Long timer

Oddometer:
    First time I dropped my GS, I didn't see it coming. I was struggling with it in greasy mud and thought I'd won...gave it what I thought was a little gas and ended up in the mud instantly with none of that slow-motion crap happening in between. One second I was up and the next I was horizontal.

Wish I would've seen mine coming! :):

Lunch was a blast...nice bike you got there too!