1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Bay Area/NoCal GS/GSA 1200+ riders

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by bauerboy, Mar 11, 2020.

1. bauerboy

bauerboy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Trying to gauge interest in getting folks with the mentioned bikes together on some off road rides. Ride leader to put together some challengingish rides. There are a lot of great off road opportunities in NoCal. Challenging terrain but fun. More than forest roads but less than the Erzberg rock garden. Idea is to ride with BMW community, get better on the bike and learn new areas by way of someone who knows the spot.

Just thinking.
  2. fasteddie23

fasteddie23 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Interested and curious about what you view as an abundance of opportunities to off-road here. You have to drive a couple hours to get to anything interesting. I usually ride in Mendocino NF or towards the mountains. there are a few adventure bike groups on meetup that are worth checking out. I have met a bunch of folks that way although not exclusive to BMW.
    Rips Millar and bauerboy like this.
  3. bauerboy

Oddometer:
    True it is a ride to get to these spots, but the National forests, places like PiPi, longbarn, Yosemite Area, Kennedy meadows, stonyford, Tahoe Area, around Indian valley reservoir and the areas surrounding these places. If someone knows these areas well then they know places the GS crowd would enjoy. There are also several OHV parks. Just have to know/explore the spots to find good riding. Wouldn’t be bad to drop stuff at a hotel then ride all day. Spend the night and ride more then ride home. Lot of options. Just have to be willing to try them.
  4. nowacuein

nowacuein Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thinking of taking my ‘09 GS from EastBay to Knoxville OHV tomorrow or Sunday, anyone wants to join? Would like to spend some time brushing up my slow speed skills and exploring the area

UPDATE: ignore it, will be likely stuck at home for the rainy weekend but will try again in a week
    fasteddie23 likes this.
  5. fasteddie23

Oddometer:
    Not sure the weather is going to be very coooperative for that. 90% chance of rain tomorrow.
  6. fasteddie23

Oddometer:
    Great areas I have ridden all of them on my GS or Adventure. Too bad so much of it has burned recently but still beautiful to get out there!
  7. bauerboy

Oddometer:
    Was a good idea. I will probably run up to Indian Valley Reservoir when the rain stops to check out the trails from the reservoir to the Stonyford/middle creek area.
    fasteddie23 likes this.
  8. fasteddie23

Oddometer:
    Did you ever get out there?
  9. Rips Millar

Rips Millar capt. mediocre

Oddometer:
    if You plug your zip code into the Starbucks website it will show you where you can go....
  10. bauerboy

Oddometer:
    not yet. Looking at Wednesday when the weather is nice
  11. bauerboy

Oddometer:
    guessing you don’t ride a Beemer so don’t know why you felt the need to reply.
  12. Rips Millar

Rips Millar capt. mediocre

Oddometer:
    It’s called gentle ribbing, most beemer guys get it, but some don’t, I guess.