BB1500 this fall

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by freaking RT, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Steverino

Steverino Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer:
    We doing the Gold or trying for the Gold and seeing what happens??

Looking forward to it.

GW Boy going?? He can make 200 on the Wing if he stretches it, the KRS will be borderline and will requre 30-40 miles after the light comes on.
  2. freaking RT

freaking RT will golf for food

Oddometer:
    the prudent thing to do is try for the Gold and see what happens.

so let's figure the fuel legs at 180 miles and plan it around that
    if a bike can't do 180 mile legs then screw 'em
    anything less is too many stops and that person should ride it ALONE and not hold up the bunch.

figure long runs early in the ride and shorter ones at the end when people are getting tired.

Harrisonburg, VA
    Nashville, TN
    Toledo, OH
    Martinsburg, WV
    Harrisonburg, VA

Total Distance:
    1517.69 miles Estimated Driving Time:
    26 hours, 2 minutes
  3. freaking RT

Oddometer:
    1517 miles in 24 hours is 63.208 mph average.

no problem
  4. freaking RT

Oddometer:
    I think we should run the route counter clockwise. we'll get the more populated areas out of the way early and can make up some time on I-40 and I-81

Who's in?

so far it's Steve and me. that makes 2

pfestus1 and nacht??? are you going?

peppy? you gonna try to get your beanie??

:ear
  5. jwin

jwin Slow Learner

Oddometer:
    I'm up for it if the dates work out. I've been over 900 in a day but never did one for the record.
  6. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    I'm not definite but will try to swing it. Could the start be moved further up the VA line on 81? It would be a big day just for me to get there. The VA border would be nice. The further up 81 the better. The GS is comfy at 85mph or so with me on it but I'm not one for sustained 100mph runs. Whats everyone see as a running speed? K12's and RT's can be tough to hang with and I want to pull the thing off, but not run over my comfort zone.
  7. Steverino

Oddometer:
    Hey Nachflug, we won't be running any sustained 100's. We will attempt to average about 65 with stops. SO we will be running 75-85. You will be able to hang on a GS no problem.

We can meet anywhere we all agree on. I am OK with Winchester and only live about 30 miles from there if anybody needs a place to crash.
  8. freaking RT

Oddometer:
    just a few details to be worked out. :dunno

It's kind of easy to talk the local cops into witnessing the start and finish where I live. Only one witness is required if it's a cop. a few people can crash at my house Friday night.

If you can find a couple of witnesses up N of here, say Hagerstown, MD, you can start there as we roll on by. it's 114 miles from where we'll be starting to I-70 where we turn west. so figuring out a time to meet wouldn't be too bad. We have to have a gas receipt at that corner, so we'll be stopping anyway.

even Pfestus1 could start early and pick up with us. If we start at say 7:00am, we'll be at I-81 at 7:15. If Hank times it right, we can meet him at the slab and jump right in. He can do the ride without having extra miles added just to start a route that runs by his house.
  9. ImaPoser

ImaPoser adventure imposter

Oddometer:
    I wish ya'll the best of luck, but gotta tell ya, it's gonna be tough. I did a 1100+ mile ride in 18 hrs. before I knew anything about the IBA. Would love to do a couple of runs and get my beanie too, but I'll try next year.
    Couple of things to point out:
    Starting at 7 am or so means your going to be riding the last part of the trip somewhere between 3 & 7 in the morning. I know, I know, that's obvious, but really think that one over. I'd say leave at about 3 am, get half the night riding done at the getgo.
    Doing it in Oct. means not much daylight to play with. It's a hell of alot harder for me to keep going in the dark, than in the daylight.
    Your kinda screwed on this part, but it's really hard to make good time anywhere on the east coast/midwest. Just wanted to remind you of that one.

I'm sure you guys already considered all those points, but just wanted you to hear it from another voice.

Oh yeah, it looks like you count on running I-75 all the way down Ohio. It's pretty heavily patrolled, and the part between Cinti, and Dayton is known as on of the major speed traps in the country. I drive it almost everyday to and from work, and It's about four days out of five to see a couple troopers on it.

Best of luck,
    ImaPoser
  10. mleir

mleir Evil Doer

Oddometer:
    Freak and Co. there is a ride up in the North thats an easy BBG all set up. The bonus....WORLD RECORD!
    The site with the info
  11. freaking RT

Oddometer:
    Poser, Steve and I have already done one SS1000 and was certified for 1176 miles. I think we know what we are getting into. we started at 5:00 am last time and it worked real well. Start time will depend on who's going and from where? I prefer 5:00 am

thanks for the advice on I-75, thats the info we need for this trip
  12. freaking RT

Oddometer:
    :rolleyes I knew you'd come up with a damn excuse to drop out. geez, what a pus!

the only damn curves your any good at it Thorton Gap, cause you ride it over and over and over. From what I've seen your just a regular rider anywhere else. get real there, Peppy!
  13. freaking RT

Oddometer:
    yep I saw that.
  14. freaking RT

Oddometer:
    it has been suggested by Peppy that we drop the BB1500 Gold run and just make it a BB1500.

this will give the non-certified IBA riders a chance to become certified and thus set themselves up for
    the longer IBA rides such as the 50CC.

I can do that.

Hank, Steve, nacht??? what do you think?
  15. Steverino

Oddometer:
    He can still get the base certification if we make it. Just won't be the gold level.

Actually, just riding with you guys will be enough for me :feelgood
  16. Ari

Ari Been there done that

Oddometer:
    Hey natch how are you ?
    It's me Ari the guy from kearny NJ on the way to California, i lost my password and i can't log in with the same user name so a got a new one Bull (i try to get a new pass by putting the email but i never got nothing back).
    I'm at the daeler in Salt lake City for the 12 K service and i was reading the post about the BB ride i'll go with you, i'll be home on the 20 or 21.
  17. freaking RT

Oddometer:
    who's going??? last call for who's going will be this Saturday
  18. Steverino

Oddometer:
    Count me in Freak! :thumb

10/05/02 right??
  19. freaking RT

Oddometer:
    :stupid :stupid on my part. some stuff is coming up and I miss calculated the dates:pissed my fault. Oct 5 is NOT going to work.

how about early November????
  20. Steverino

Oddometer:
    Let me know when.

Ooops, I had better check with you know who! LOL! Sure we can work something out though!