BC Big Adventure Ride II - Sept 6,7,8, 2013

Discussion in 'Canada' started by teamgrizzly, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Voltsmith

Voltsmith Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks very much Mike. Beth very much enjoyed her first off-highway riding adventure. She even looks back on her muddy off with laughter now too.

Looking forward to joining everyone again next year.
  2. MotoLara

MotoLara ADV rider wannabe

Oddometer:
    Hey John,

Luckily the ride back home was uneventful. Both forks on both bikes were still leaking when we got home. Parts have been order. Graham and Tom (Dennis is the fella from Logan Lake that tagged along with us on Day 1, riding a G650GS) can’t wait to get their bikes back in business!

@Mike, thanks for the time and effort to put the ride together & thanks to all of you who helped Mike one way or another. WE HAD A BLAST! can't wait for next years ride! :freaky

Cheers,
    Alberto
  3. teamgrizzly

teamgrizzly Even more advanced n00b!

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear everyone made it back. And I still can't believe you guys had fun after the mudhole on Indian Springs Rd. You people are my kind of crazy. :freaky

Also thanks to everyone for the words of appreciation. It's a great morale booster. So much so, that I write this in Cache Creek, trying to scope out next years route. (Well it was either that or sit around the house playing video games.)

Mike
  4. flossandfly

flossandfly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great looking ride Mike. I trucked my (and IaninCanlgary's) bikes to Kamloops and was offered a guided tour of my friend's favorite trails. I went to the campsite hoping to at least meet you but it was pretty early on Thursday. That mud section in the video looked like a lot of fun, but on my Honda XR650l with dirt tires it is like cheating.

Thanks for putting in the effort and hope to meet you next year if you do it again.
  5. teamgrizzly

Oddometer:
  6. teamgrizzly

Oddometer:
    And some of my pics from the ride:

[​IMG]

The gang stops to admire the scenery before Savona

[​IMG]

Checking the map book...where is the road???

[​IMG]

Adams Lake

[​IMG]

Old and new

[​IMG]

Getting the last little chat in before the end of the run

Hopefully next years I'll try to take waaaay more pictures and video to give this run some justice.

Mike
  7. Rydr

Rydr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for a fun time and some good rides... See you next year if I'm back from my cross Canada trip in time. :beer
  8. OurBC

OurBC Live to Travel

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    No Rain at start of Day1's Ride on Day 2

[​IMG]
    View of Chase

[​IMG]
    Adams Lake

[​IMG]
    Adams Lake FSR

[​IMG]
    Along Route
  9. OurBC

OurBC Live to Travel

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Near Dunn Lake

[​IMG]
    RYDR at Dunn Lake

[​IMG]
    Dunn Lake

[​IMG]
    After Dunn Lake

[​IMG]
    KTM Rider

[​IMG]
    Another KTM Rider

[​IMG]
    Awesome Machines

[​IMG]
    RYDR, Fishnbiker, Dan, Cowgirl

[​IMG]
    Heffley-Louis Creek Road
  10. Flying Angel

Flying Angel n00b

Oddometer:
    You Rock!
    :rofl

11. shalbleib

shalbleib Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So I'm looking to finally ride BC but am going to have to fly out and rent a bike. I was looking at the thread, and it looks like you all were off the pavement quite a bit. The rental places "don't allow" that so I'm wondering if you can see the majority of BC via pavement or if the true gems are on roads less travelled? Thx
  12. Cody1771

Cody1771 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    you can get most places in BC by paved roads... but like you said the real gems are off highway. there are some stunning rides on pavement though
  13. teamgrizzly

Oddometer:
    BC does have quite an extensive selection of paved roads. If you have never been here before, they are all awesome in their own way. Do keep in mind that this is our playground so we have ridden all this before. And there is no shortage of gems to be seen while on the pavement.

Mike
  14. Fishnbiker

Fishnbiker Tire smuddy, hook swet

Oddometer:
    Campbell River, Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
    Something else to remember is the immense size of BC ... some 360,000 sqare miles! Larger than California, Oregon, Washington, & Montana combined.

I might suggest you start another thread for advice, firstly based on your time available, followed by your interests ... museums, twisty roads, scenery photography, cool cafes, mountain passes, rain forests, deserts filled with wineries, etc. We have so much variety that could take you a lifetime to see 10% of.

Post a link here & we can overload you with suggestions after we find your minimum requirements.

I have been riding BC for near 50 years & still am finding undiscovered (to me) pavement. Many more like me too. Good Luck.
  15. naotweed

naotweed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I second that, if you start a thread the info will come :wink:
  16. DRRambler

DRRambler AKA Albertastrom

Oddometer:
    Count me in for next year!
  17. Fishnbiker

Fishnbiker Tire smuddy, hook swet

Oddometer:
    Campbell River, Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
    Me too, waiting impatiently for new announcements.
  18. teamgrizzly

Oddometer:
    Right now, call it mid-winter blues, but I'm having a hard time coming up with something for a ride.

I've talked to Mark (lexluther11) and still waiting to see what he has to say. But right now looks like if I'm doing it, it might be a point to point, all camping ride. But none of this is written in stone yet.

But if anyone else wants to help run with it, I'll gladly help.

Mike
  19. Cooler

Cooler Farkle king.

Oddometer:
    For some reason I thought you were going to the Quesnel area this year. Theres a road from Williams lake to quesnel on the west side of the rive and the road to Prince George through Nazko is fun. I'm hoping to do the ride from Quesnel to Barkerville and on through to Highway 16 east of Prince George and then east to Valemont and south back to the Okanogan. You should take a look. The ride to Likely from 150 mile house is fun and you can do a loop ank come out by Mccleese lake.
  20. teamgrizzly

Oddometer:
    The Hope to Barkerville backroad run was one I did a couple of years back. I did it in April so I had cut it short on the account of snow. I rode through Horsefly and Likely. The idea of doing that run again as a part of the BC Big Adventure Ride was sort of a backup plan. Not sure if I want to do BCBAR 3, mainly since it was a lot of work. Maybe I might get motivated once the snow clears and I can go riding again.

I'm running a pretty low opinion of humanity here. I mean I post up route sheets for a fun little peel around the Fraser Valley and I get no response while a snivelfest over helmets is at the top of the list. I don't get it.

Mike