BC Big Adventure Ride II - Sept 6,7,8, 2013

Discussion in 'Canada' started by teamgrizzly, Mar 16, 2013.

1. mroddis

mroddis Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mike,
    I'm a relatively newcomer to this sport and slowly finding my way around the lower mainland on 2 wheels. I am looking for rides like these from people like you that know the ins and outs of the best riding roads BC has to offer. Please don't despair. I for one appreciate your efforts and the help of all riders around here.

It's the only way I'll get more familiar and experienced and hopefully contribute more at some point in the future.

Much Appreciated,
    Matthew
  2. Cowgirl

Cowgirl I'll ride anything. Supporter

Oddometer:
    I also appreciate the route sheets Mike.
    I find DSBC is a better site for riders, this one seems to have deteriorated lately.
  3. Tropic-Of-Canada

Tropic-Of-Canada Guru of Shoe Goo

Oddometer:
    Does everything posted on DSBC have to be approved by a moderator before it shows up? I tried 2 days ago to post about a ride, and it still hasn't showed up!:huh Is it because I'm new over there?
  4. teamgrizzly

teamgrizzly Even more advanced n00b!

Oddometer:
    I think it's because you're new. I took a couple of days for my first posts to come up too. Just send Mods a message, and you can say I'll vouch for you. Once they trust you, then you should be OK. They have had some crank pots on there, and Tom is pretty opinionated too, but then again he works with the gov't on motorcycling so he sees quite a few things we miss.

Mike
  5. RockyDS

RockyDS Lost in the wilderness

Oddometer:
    I've ridden over from Alberta twice for the BC trail rides and I certainly appreciate the work you and others have put in to the organization of the rides. You can't make everyone happy as much as you might try. Don't give up on humanity yet. :beer
  6. Tropic-Of-Canada

Tropic-Of-Canada Guru of Shoe Goo

Oddometer:
    I Appreciate the thankless work you did on the BCBATR! It was a no BS grassroots ride, and it was a blast! Met lots of people, and discovered huge chunks of BC! It's a big responsibility and a huge time commitment coming up with a route and assuring people that it will be open.

I also appreciate that time you rode back into town and bought me a patch kit when I screwed myself over with flats on Hwy 3! You're a stand up guy!:thumb

I understand how hard it is to get people together, I've been trying for ages! in 3 years, I have only had 2 small groups of ADVers actually come out and ride. How hard is it to give up half a Sunday?

If you get bored with organizing, come to the Island with your DRZ, I'd be happy to try to get some people together.
  7. OceanMtnSea

OceanMtnSea Pretty Dogged

Oddometer:
    exited middle Saskatchewan & entered middle BC

+1:1drink
  8. naotweed

naotweed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1

We had a blast last year. I thought it was a great time :clap
  9. Komara

Komara Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mike, unfortunately had to miss last year but had a fantastic ride with you in '12. I live mainly in AB now but would love to join in on whatever comes together this year. Am fine with a camping venue or whatever. Ditto on the grateful part for all the work that you have done in putting the rides together.
  10. shalbleib

shalbleib Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Started a new thread - thanks!
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=25857310#post25857310