Bc big adventure trail ride 2012

Discussion in 'Canada' started by lexluther11, Dec 7, 2011.

1. MotoLara

MotoLara ADV rider wannabe

Oddometer:
    Campimg @ Hicks Lake
    [​IMG]

Hicks Lake
    [​IMG]

The water was very refreshing :D
    [​IMG]

Last minute prep prior day1
    [​IMG]

Off we went on Day1
    [​IMG]

The beauty of the area
    [​IMG]

The easy stuff
    [​IMG]

Great vistas
    [​IMG]

Tom tackling washout #1
    [​IMG]

My turn :wink:
    [​IMG]

Naomi - Washout #1
    [​IMG]

Washout #2 'please rock.... move a couple of feet to the left' :lol3
    [​IMG]

Washout #2
    [​IMG]

Washout #2
    [​IMG]

Washout #3
    [​IMG]

Almost done with washout #3 :clap
    [​IMG]

Had to do washout#3 again :norton
    [​IMG]

It was great fun!
    [​IMG]

The last little bit of washout #3
    [​IMG]

up up up! and done! :evil
    [​IMG]

Tom and the Tiger's turn
    [​IMG]

'Almost there Tom!' :eek1
    [​IMG]

bummer! :cry
    [​IMG]

The carnage: broken case mount
    [​IMG]

Traffic jam @ washout #3
    [​IMG]

Taking a short break @ the top of the challenging hill after washout #3
    [​IMG]

A bit lost on our way to Cache Creek :lol3
    [​IMG]

Taking another break. The HWY was closed due to a bad crash (not bikers)
    [​IMG]

Decided to head towards Lytton and find a place to camp nearby b/c it was getting dark
    [​IMG]

Using a torque wrench to cook some hot dogs :freaky
    [​IMG]

Recalling the events of day#1 .... GOOD TIMES!
    [​IMG]

Will post more photos from day#2 later.
    Cheers,
    Alberto.
  2. lexluther11

lexluther11 Ride,Eat,Rest-Repeat

Oddometer:
    Nice pictures............:clap
  3. bross

bross Where we riding to? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Someone asked about the difficulty of the day three route. I'd say day three was the hardest terrain. Jodie and I thoroughly enjoyed Day 1 and 2 especially blasting along the ridge on Day 2. I biffed coming through the sand after the ferry but I suck in sand. :deal Then Jodie crashed on a steep rocky climb when a truck crested the top on it's way down. She was following Allan and she admits way too close cause she couldn't see in the dust and she hit a large rock that bounced her off line, then another and another till finally she hit the ditch. That shook her up pretty good, so the following steep rocky climbs and descents took their toll but she just took her time and I rode her bike up one of the hairier ones. Had she not crashed she would have been OK for the rest of the day I'm sure. She was having a ball trying to keep up to Allan. Allan and Doug waited patiently and encouraged her which helped a LOT. Thanks again guys.

The washouts weren't an issue for us, probably due to Mark's work rebuilding them. Thanks Mark.

The route definitely challenged us and I can only tip my hat to everyone on the "big" bikes. It's only through practice and pushing our own limits that we improve. Next time I see a "just follow the hydro lines" in the route directions I'll be bringing my DR instead of the Tiger. And Jodie said she's going to wait for the dust to clear before she attacks that steep climb. Lessons learned. :freaky
  4. OceanMtnSea

OceanMtnSea Pretty Dogged

Oddometer:
    exited middle Saskatchewan & entered middle BC
    Part1: Just another normal day.
    When you get up and open that door in the morning and step out into the fresh air, the front part of your brain is going through all those things you will do today – way in the back of your brain, in a tiny space rarely visited, there is always a question mark for that small element of the un-planned & unknown.

That is how my day began on Thursday Sept 6.
    I am old enough to be cynical, but there are a few important lessons I learned on this adventure that I thought would be worth sharing, so if you’re game I’ll ramble a bit….. cause time is one thing I have lot of right now.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Fibula & ankle pics

I was supposed to meet “bross” (Brent and Jodie) in Princeton to join up for the tracks across to the Coquihalla summit. I got into Princeton just before noon and drove around looking, but never saw them so I started off on my own. The track quickly deteriorated to a rocky jeep track, but eventually emerged onto a large, very-well-travelled and active logging road. It was one of those logging road where there is 6-8inches of bull dust on the hair pin turns and from the truck tracks on the corners you can see the entire width of the road is being used by one-way traffic – you’re just not sure which direction it is going.

Luckily, I was moving with the traffic and was in between two logging trucks – the one in front of me so far ahead I was just getting the trailing bits of dust in the dead air spaces and the one behind far enough back that once and a-while on a hill I could see the mushroom cloud above the tree tops barreling toward me. I managed to make it to the Coquihalla Summit after the monster in front was already gone, and the one behind was still growling back in the trees.

The rest of the ride to Harrision HS was uneventfully, filled up and power-rinsed the dust off at the Husky, got some pizza and headed for Sasquatch PP to camp. I didn’t have a camp site so as fate would have it, I met up with John from Washington and he agreed to split his reservation with me, shot the shit with Alberto and is lovely winglady till dark and hit the tent.

John was up before light made an appearance in those tall cedars so he could meet some buddies and I waited till I could see a-bit so I left on my own and figured I would just join a group along the track.
    Headed to town, did not see anyone I knew so I reved up the GPS and headed off. East Harrision was rocky, rough and dusty and I got passed by some a few dirt bikes with knobbies ……… there was no way I could keep up with so I just ambled along. The track deteriorated and I found the first washout obstacle with a few bikes surveying the options. More bikes came and I figured I better go cause this was a bottleneck and my bike was smaller.

Made it through all the washout obstacles no problem and I was on my own again when my nemesis hill came into view – yup at 25-30% hillslope covered with scree to the valley summit. Kilometer 89 on the GPS.
    I like maps. They are simple, clean and you can always imagine an adventure in them.

Well maybe, but not the adventure that was waiting for me at 3295ft at km 89.

[​IMG] Map of my route from Kelowna

Map of Friday Sept 7
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Km 89 Summit Crash site

My first attempt at the hill did not go well, rear tire lost grip – front wheel couldn’t get past a big rock and it turn sideways and I almost went over the side. A guy flew by me on a small bike and stopped at the summit and came back down and helped stand my bike up – THANK YOU!

I went back down the hill in 1<sup>st</sup> gear to reassess. Picked out a new line that looked better and off I went when dam &#8230;&#8230;at the same spot my back tire spun&#8230;&#8230;lost all forward momentum I hit the kill switch stuck my left foot out and lost my balance. On that steep gravelly slope my left foot dropped just far enough back that my left pannier caught the heel when the bike laid left and I fell left and looked back to see my boot and foot in an impossible position&#8230;&#8230;..YUCK &#8230;. that mental sinking feeling that I was fooked!

Ok&#8230; it was a zero forward speed fall&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; I got myself free and my left foot was like rubber and I was alone. It was a good 5-10 minutes before I could hear the growl of bikes coming toward me but in that time minutes I was alone &#8230;&#8230;..and fooked &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;and I knew it. Checked for cell service &#8211; none, check my GPS to see how far out I was and the glare of the sun was bad, but in the shade of my jacket I could see I no-where near any place that could offer help.
    Deep breaths, think&#8230;&#8230;deep breaths think&#8230;check the cell again&#8230;.no service, back to the GPS, sweat in my eyes dusty glasses, sun glare, mind racing on that open slope and I thought I saw &#8230;&#8230;.I was 15km from Boston Bar&#8230;&#8230;.now how to get there.

I heard the bikes coming closer now, so OK what&#8217;s the plan&#8230;..I waved my arm when one came around the bend just so I wouldn&#8217;t get run over as I knew they would be doing the same thing I did &#8211; get some speed and pick a line up that hill and go!

The first rider stopped about 10m down from me and slowly walked up assessing the situation and politely ask me, &#8220;do you need some help lifting your bike?&#8221; &#8211; I thought I saw this look in his eye saying &#8211; &#8220;it ain&#8217;t that difficult man, just tip it up &#8211; your blocking the trail&#8221;.

That&#8217;s when I said&#8230;.. &#8220;I&#8217;m think I&#8217;m fooked &#8211; my leg is broke&#8221;.

A look of amazement &#8211; no way! &#8211; by this time some more riders arrived and were all eyeing up the scene. &#8220;Are you sure your leg is broke?&#8221; &#8220;Yup&#8230;pretty sure&#8230;it was at an impossible angle and it feels like rubber below the knee&#8221;. I was bouncing on one leg by now, not wanting to look too wimpy and&#8230;..again &#8220;Are you sure your leg is broke?&#8221;&#8230;&#8230;..YUP!

OK shit! We&#8217;re going to be here for a while so helmets/jackets off&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;. think&#8230;&#8230; &#8220;what do you want to do?&#8221; Everyone was pretty calm, but they knew there were no easy options, so I suggested we get me and my bike to the top of the summit and reassess.

Like a machine everyone grabbed something, I showed a young fellow how to start the Dakar and off to the top of that shitty hill we went. It was a bear to climb on foot lugging me and my gear, but everything eventually made it.
    Reassessments&#8230;&#8230;.option A, B, maybe C&#8230;..people where thinking-talking while a couple of guys looked at my leg. It was swollen pretty good buy now and they tighten the Velcro on the boot top&#8230;&#8230;. we thought the first thing was to splint the leg to the boot below the knee. Search for tape, wooden splints. Almost everyone had shitty old tape like mine &#8211; useless shit! Using what was scavenged it was splinted on three sides and tapped tight &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;.while I swallowed some water and OxyContin pain killers I carried &#8211; left-overs from a past surgery.

LESSON1: Never ride alone and carry some good pain killers and fresh tape in the first aid kit!

Ok next&#8230;&#8230;.how do we get out of here&#8230;&#8230;.I said I thought I could ride 1<sup>st</sup> gear if they could get me back on that tall Dakar and if some would ride up front and behind in case I had to stop. One fellow said&#8230;.are you sure, cause if you go over on that left side again you are going to be really fooked! Reassessed the options again&#8230;..and it was the best, but riskiest option cause they and I did not know if or when shock would set in and my riding would come to a stop&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;but at least we would be a little closer to Boston Bar.

FIRST AND FOREMOST a proper note of thanks to thanks everyone who helped me & the Dakar up that scree slope and splinted my leg, got me on my bike and stuck with me to see that I did not fall off. I can&#8217;t remember all your names, but A BIG THANK YOU ALL! You know who you are.

You likely don&#8217;t remember that section of the track, but it was narrow with loose rocks and one(?) small stream crossing &#8211; which we managed to stop at without falling and helped off the bike &#8211; across the creek &#8211; and back on to the bike

Now after using 1st gear for a couple of kliks just to get the feel for riding with 1 useful foot, the track was level enough to figured out how to use the splinting tape and the heel of my boot to shift up and down - which made the ride quicker&#8230;&#8230;cause this was going to be a long ride in 1<sup>st</sup> gear. The riders stuck with me, but stopped by a bridge with a bigger group of riders&#8230;&#8230;..but I didn&#8217;t want to stop as stopping was my biggest fear cause I could only use the right side and there was no way I could count on finding neutral with that left boot

At this point life is simple&#8230;..no risks, pick clean lines, look ahead, shift early and safely&#8230;.get to Boston Bar period &#8230;&#8230;..end!

15km can be a long ride&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;by now my body temp was up, my leg was numb and pain was coming&#8230;&#8230;.thank goodness I carried those pain killers. The road slowly got better with occasional traffic&#8230;&#8230;but now the next problem emerged &#8230;..single-lane bridges and big motor homes&#8230;..shit what would I do if I couldn&#8217;t get across one due to another vehicle? By now I had lost my front and back outriders&#8230;&#8230;I think they expected me to stop back at the big group, but I just kept going &#8211; while the going was good.

Pavement! Wonderful rock-less pavement! I briefly thought this was going well enough that maybe I should just ride to Hope, but in the end I did not want to push my luck any farther and it was a smart choice!

Nearing town an RCMP passed me going the otherway and gave me a double look. The road was level and I risked a stop cause I knew if disaster happened at least the RCMP would call for help. He saw the splinting on my leg I said my leg was broken and told him to lead me to the town clinic. He asked if I wanted a ride, but I said it was not possible to get off the bike without more people and I couldn&#8217;t stand here much longer so I just started up again&#8230;&#8230;..he executed the 3 pointer he learned in Regina and lead the way&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;only he had to stop at the stop sign at the TransCanada for cars, but I was far enough back that that I slowed down saw the ambulance building across the road did a quick car check and ran up into the ambulance parking lot.

The RCMP ran into the office while I stood on my right leg with the bike. I did not know what was going on in there, but no one was coming back out and I was having difficulty holding the bike. I finally yelled &#8220;HELP ME WITH THIS BIKE!&#8221; A crew came out and looked at me with what I can only describe as bewilderment. They encircled me and assessed the sight that landed in their parking lot. When they saw the splint work they immediately gathered around the left side and poked and gawked

Maybe my helmet was causing understanding issues, I finally told them I needed help with this bike cause I was going to fall off&#8230;&#8230;..it was obvious this earnest crew was not familiar with vertical motorcycles as no new where the kick stand was, but after I made some strange pointing motions found it and eased the bike left and hoisted me off and dragged me to a chair next to the building.

A couple of young ladies were at my left foot assessing my seeming strange armor when a fellow asked me where I came from and did I put this splint on myself&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;..if I had said I beamed onto that parking lot from the Starship Enterprise with all my gear &#8211; I would have gotten no stranger looks than I was getting.

&#8220;Where did you come from&#8230;..how did you get here?&#8221;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;I stopped talking&#8230;..took my helmet off and slowly tried to explain what had happened. While this was going on a fellow was working with some scissors to get the splints off, but having difficulty as the electricians tape was clogging up the scissors&#8230;&#8230;.all I heard was &#8220;this is a good splint&#8230;.shit&#8221;.

There were 5 of them and 1 of me and there were too many questions, my leg was painful and they could not seem to understand where I came from&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;I had a Saskatchewan plate on the bike, they had no concept of the GPS coordinates where I fell and by now the RCMP had my drivers license which did not have a regular street address &#8211; as I live in a rural area where we have a legal land location. I might as well been an injured spaceman!

One smart young fellow then seemed to sense that the questions and confusion were not helping and just said &#8220;OK let&#8217;s get these pants off and look at that leg&#8221;. The two young ladies working on my pants were having a tough time figuring out how things worked exactly&#8230;.. when sanity was regaining by the smart young guy mention that it looks like &#8221;these girls have never taken a guys&#8217; pants off before&#8221;.

5 seconds of snicker and 3 shades of pink later I helped them get the pants off. Next problem was the boot&#8230;&#8230;.&#8221;how does this work?&#8221;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;..YUP this was painful&#8230;&#8230;..off did eventually come off and the medical assessments began&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;no blood or hemorrhaging&#8230;&#8230;good&#8230;&#8230;.wiggle toes&#8230;.good&#8230;..foot pulse&#8230;.yes! Pain &#8230;..here?.....here?.....here? YES! YES! YES!

Next problem immobilize the leg again with this contraption that is jammed up into your crotch and is lengthened to stretch your leg&#8230;&#8230;..like a medieval torture tool&#8230;&#8230;..that smart young guy got a whack when he said I should be careful cause the 2 ladies who can&#8217;t take a guys pants off where going to &#8220;adjust&#8221; the settings.

Just then I saw 2 bikes go by giving me the eye from the highway&#8230;&#8230;I think they were my outriders making sure I made it to help. I gave them a wave and they continued on their way&#8230;&#8230;.man have I been lucky!

Next problem&#8230;&#8230;.my bike and gear was blocking the way for the ambulance to get out of the building. Not being familiar with motorcycles no one there who knew how to find neutral and move the bike&#8230;&#8230;..with difficulty I yelled directions which finally ended in them finding the clutch lever and pushing the bike to the back of the building where they agreed to let me keep it till I could come back to pick it up.

The next part was the ride to Hope hospital...... as there is nothing &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;..cept the Ambo station in Boston Bar. They just could not believe I rode 15km down from the summit to Boston Bar on the bike with my busted up leg.

To be continued&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;
    Part 2: Adventure at the Hope hospital
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]-->
  5. MotoLara

Oddometer:
    Damn! ... I did not know it was you John that got his leg jacked up .... I'm sorry to hear that amigo :cry. Just the night before we were all very excited about the ride and wished everyone a safe ride. But what's done is done, and we all need to learn from what happened to you. THANK YOU for sharing your side of the story so we can all become safer and smarter riders.

Naomi also hit the dust on that same hill but she (like me) has mastered the art of falling without getting hurt :norton... and we've had a LOT of practice with our F8GSs. Our bikes have crash bars, we don't ... so when things go south it's better to jump ship and avoid injuries. Not saying this was the case, just sharing what we've learned from our multiple rides and from other people's mishaps.

I wish you a speedy and a FULL recovery,
    Alberto.
  6. RockyDS

RockyDS Lost in the wilderness

Oddometer:
    x2. Good luck and a fast recovery. Looking forward to part 2.
  7. Advdave

Advdave jubilado

Oddometer:
    +3. You get the True Grit Adventure Award for riding out with a busted leg! Heard of the accident, but great to get the details from you.

Get well, soon.
  8. lexluther11

lexluther11 Ride,Eat,Rest-Repeat

Oddometer:
    +4.............I hope your back up on your feet soon and my hat goes off to you for being so tough and riding out with a broken leg.
  9. gunnerbuck

gunnerbuck Island Hopper

Oddometer:
  10. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
    sorry to hear about the break!

Wow...what a ride for you all...one thing I notice was the Tiger dumping and the Triumph panniers and mount not withstanding the dump...one thing we were very concerned with when Triumph initially was insisting to take their luggage last summer....their mounts are shit and are not made for the riding you all did....not to rub it in for the guy who had the Tiger...but Triumph needs to make a better a system in order to be ADV savvy. :wink:
  11. bross

Oddometer:
    Wow, sorry we missed you in Princeton John. We were running a little late and arrived around 12:30. I had picked a route from Tulameen that headed south along the Tulameen River Rd and that was a nice ride. I think we ended up on the same active logging road as you and followed a couple logging trucks out to the Coquihalla.

Really sorry about the leg and hope you heal up completely.

Brent & Jodie
  12. bross

Oddometer:
    My Seahorse cases mounted on Happy Trails racks survived one crash and one drop, no issues.

[​IMG]
  13. MotoLara

Oddometer:
    The OEM Triumph Tiger's cases + rack system falls in the same category of the BMW Vario cases: for commuting and carrying your groceries only :lol3

Too bad you gals missed out on a great weekend of riding! what made the ride so memorable was meeting other riders, riding together & helping each other out when things got tough, The camaraderie before, during :ricky and after :dg:kumbaya:beer each leg was excellent... hope to see you both @ next yrs ride.
  14. OceanMtnSea

OceanMtnSea Pretty Dogged

Oddometer:
    exited middle Saskatchewan & entered middle BC
    Part 2: Adventure at the Hope hospital

The ride to Hope was horizontal&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;questions galore and poking and proddin everywhere. How&#8217;s the pain in a scale from 0 to 10? &#8220;You know I for some reason, I just don&#8217;t feel that much pain&#8221;&#8230;.maybe a 1? Maybe it is the OxyContin I took? OxyContin eh?

Now&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;I had to explain exactly where I got the OxyContin or I was going to be labeled a junkie. She finally relented when I showed her the Rx bottle from my past surgery.

Man there was paperwork and it was pretty obvious that good documentation was required &#8216;cause parts of my tale were&#8230;..well unbelievable?

Now for the next parts of this adventure I use some false names for plausible deniability because it is just too real for public discussion on an open forum. If anyone ever asks me &#8230;&#8230;.what you are now going to read may be fact or maybe fiction. I will never vouch for its accuracy.

Hope Hospital&#8230;&#8230;.well what can I say&#8230;.I had to go through my same tale with the admitting nurse and the Dr and the Dr in training&#8230;&#8230;..there were lots of eyebrow and shoulder shrugging. How is your pain?
    [​IMG]

I was not the only patient in Hope General on Friday and seeing as no one had any solid ideas on what to do with me they wheeled me in a curtained assessment area to wait. Just another crazy&#8230;&#8230;this one with a bad leg thou?

Using ear skills I had time, so I assessed my situation &#8230;.my next door neighbor was a weeping teenager hooked on drugs and likely pregnant. The young girl down the corridor new only 4-letter words and in any discussion with a nurse or Dr used lots of simple 4-letters words&#8230;..her favorite being &#8220;No Fuckin Way Man!&#8221; The Drs and nursing staff were all well-spoken, patient and professional in this sea of human calamity.

I eventually went to X-Ray and my curtain was left open a bit and the cast of characters that walked through there was well&#8230;.somewhere between entertaining and heartbreaking.

The Dr finally came back after the Xrays and said there was a clean fracture of the upper fibula, but what worried him was the ankle&#8230;..he could not see any visible breaks, but something was not right&#8230;&#8230;and he did not know but was going to send me back for more xrays and he would discuss with the orthopedic surgeon at the hospital in Chilliwack.
    Xrays are all digital now so off I went for some painful Pilates in xray and emails were sent to Chiliwack.

It was afternoon now maybe 2-3pm and I was back curtained off, but could hear others in Emerg talking about the ride from Harrison to Cache Creek&#8230;&#8230;.my ears perked up &#8220;yea, I fell off 4 times in the rocks and that was it&#8221;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8221;your thumb is not supposed to move in that direction &#8211; it is one of the things that separates us from the apes&#8221;. There were 2 &#8230;.maybe 3 other riders who had to visit emerg for fix me ups&#8230;..they all got casted or stitched or whatever while I waited.

Later, the DR in Hope told me there were 3 other riders in emerg on Friday that needed casting/fixing of one kind or another from the group, but I never got to see any of them.

It was now late afternoon and I had not had a drink since I wash down my OxyContin at 10:30am. Well you might need surgery so nothing to eat or drink! Man I was getting dry. I final convinced a nurse that I was dry enough for an IV and when surgery was indeed confirmed I got hooked up. It was the longest period over the next several days that I could not pee&#8230;&#8230;but more on this lesson later.

Now, the Ortho in Chilliwack wanted me there RIGHT NOW for surgery so there was flurry of activity trying to make arrangements and transportation. I just laid back with my new IV and thought &#8220;Oh yea I have seen this movie before: Hurry up and wait.&#8221;

NOPE&#8230;..no beds available in Chiliwack you&#8217;re here for the night. Now that they figured out I was not just another crazy I had some good conversations with staff when things were quieter and they took pity on me and found me a quiet area away from all the action in emerg to get some sleep.

Now, I came back to thinking about making that dreaded call to tell my wonderful wife about what I had gotten myself into. I had been going over this more off than on &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;..cause I knew this was not going to be good and I did not want to strike any sense of panic in my circumstance.

LESSON2: Make a plan early guys, because the phone call to your spouse will eventually be made by each and every one of you out there!

I just man&#8217;d-up and dialed the cell, said &#8220;I ran into a little problem on the road&#8221; and held my breath, &#8220;Oh what kind of a problem?&#8221;&#8230;&#8230;..um&#8230;&#8230;. I&#8217;m in Hope General with a broken leg &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;.the rest of the one sided conversation I took like a horizontal man with 1 functional leg. After being a good listening and penitent husband we made arrangements for her to drive from Kelwona in the morning to take me (in silence) to Chiliwack for surgery. Little did I know she would end up chasing an ambulance in the morning from Hope to Chiliwack.

The Dr now gave a lesson to his #2 on how to apply a partial cast to a bad ankle&#8230;&#8230;.showing particularly how not make the fiberglass slab behind the knee to hard cause it will cut into the back of the knee. From my perspective the final product of the lesson seem functional but not pretty&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;but Oh now the morphine started as my separation of the ankle bones is supposed to be very painful. I like morphine.

Next problem started around midnight&#8230;&#8230;.waking in a morphine haze&#8230;&#8230;I have to pee NOW! &#8220;No you can&#8217;t get out of bed &#8230;&#8230;here is your plastic bottle&#8221;.

Now you guys will know what I am talking about, but it is just un-male&#8230;&#8230;.un-biological &#8230;..un-possible for a guy to pee laying down without making a mess. Ok I&#8217;ll figure this out&#8230;.move legs &#8230;ouch&#8230;..side of bed &#8230;&#8230;.dizzy&#8230;&#8230;legs over&#8230;.ouch&#8230;&#8230;free the tool&#8230;&#8230;tool in the bottle&#8230;&#8230;.relief YES! Man I never thought taking a pee could be such hard work&#8230;..but more on this later in the adventure.

Morning came and all of a sudden it was hurry-up get him to Chilliwack! Fine don&#8217;t wait for my understanding wife, send me in the ambulance.
    Off I go to Chilliwack.

Part 3a: Adventures in Chilliwack.

The ambulance guys came a little after 8am and were the #2 crew &#8211; backup transport. Yup it is a boring job, but these guys new the hurry and wait game.

In the back of the ambo it started off with the same questions to answer as in Boston Bar&#8230;..&#8221;don&#8217;t you guys pass paper&#8230;&#8230;..I have to answer all the same questions again as in Boston Bar and Hope?&#8221; Yup each run is unique&#8230;&#8230;.maybe he sensed my reluctance to go through my unbelievable tale again and put his paper down and started going over my vitals, like he just picked me up at an accident scene on the side of the road. &#8220;Just protocol&#8221; so I played along.

At Chiliwack General I was unloaded into emerg to wait in the hall with several other stretchers&#8230;..I look about emerg&#8230;.yup same motley assortment of characters&#8230;&#8230;same expressions on staff&#8230;.same factory atmosphere&#8230;&#8230;.now every once and awhile you get into a situation where you get this sad sinking feeling that you have absolutely no control over your future fate&#8230;..from LOTR &#8220;brave face Pipin, we face dangerous times&#8221;.

Eventually a mysterious signal is given and I hear the ambo guy say, &#8220;oh no, we have to take him to 4 north&#8221;.

Shit&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;. what&#8217;s &#8220;4-north&#8221; and why don&#8217;t they want to go there? 4-north is the surgical wing and I get wheeled into a room with 3 women, dump about as fast as possible and the ambo&#8217;s are out of there. I peeked through the curtain and see across from me an old woman who looked about 120 years old, mouth wide open and apparently dead &#8211;till I saw her twitch from snore/air gasp combo. Shit&#8230;.I am in the old folks home&#8230;&#8230;where is my wife? Why couldn&#8217;t I have waited till my wife came&#8230;&#8230;..what have I gotten myself into????.....................it is after 10-11am now and man I have to pee again, but I am attached to the IV which is attached to the bed and I can see a bathroom in the corner&#8230;&#8230;..how can I get over there?

Well fate is a funny and unpredictable monster&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;.. just as I was untangling myself from the IV cords and trying to sit up an Angel appeared before me from out of nowhere,&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;. &#8220;Hi I&#8217;m nurse &#8220;A&#8221; (I can&#8217;t use her real name for reasons you will see as you read on) and I am going to take care of you while you are here for surgery&#8221;.:eek2

Tall, slim&#8230; um&#8230;. late 20&#8217;s early 30&#8217;s maybe, mature, blonde, sparkling eyes and a that &#8230;&#8230;.oh&#8230;&#8230;.oh-so-rare &#8220;terminator smile&#8221;&#8230;&#8230;SHIT &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;.I have to be confronted by heaven when my bladder is going to burst, I am tangled in cords, I have 1 operational leg and I look and likely smell like an evil biker guy.

&#8230;&#8230;to be continued
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]-->
  15. Tom-tigger

Tom-tigger chocolate bars crash

Oddometer:
    Mike and John
    If you see this send me a note. I have a couple of straps that belong to John. I will get those back to you. Mike...........man that was an impressive rescue 2-up ride on that nasty hill. Killer smooth! As your passenger I could not see but I will not forget the ride. Tom
  16. joneswgareth

joneswgareth Welsh Rarebit

Oddometer:
    OMS - sorry to gear about the leg break - feel for you and hope it heals quickly

To everyone else - loos like a 1st class meet an ride :clap Wish I could have made it, but having just moved here from the UK I have yet to sort a bike out. Bulidng a house doesn't help either.....

Look forward to the 2013 post - I'll be there!
  17. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:
    OceanMtnsea...........sorry to hear you had to endure so much.........I remember passing you on the Nahatlach road and looking at all the tape/sticks/leg dangling and thinking.................wtf..........that must be one tough dude!!

I hope you are ok!

Cheers
  18. Cowgirl

Cowgirl I'll ride anything. Supporter

Oddometer:
    OMS - what a story! :eek1 I hope you're feeling better now and I'm eagerly awaiting the next episode. Definitely a little more adventure that you bargained for.
  19. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Greg and Dennis helping me with my flat 20km's from the start..............

[​IMG]

Even KTM's have problems.....Sheldon with starting issues.........

[​IMG]

Fun at Cache Creek.......( not me!!)

[​IMG]

Dinner at the Homestead, Cache Creek.........

[​IMG]

The views.........

[​IMG]

Breakfast of champions........note the spoon!

[​IMG]

Duffy..........

[​IMG]

Duffy............

[​IMG]

No chicken strips.............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Post crash happiness.........once Jodi is confirmed ok!!

[​IMG]

BCBATR.......after bugs and dirt.......

[​IMG]

Just what the bike was built for.........

[​IMG]
  20. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone for a Bundt Cake???

[​IMG]

It was a little dusty.......and I hardly rode behind anyone?????????

Cheers