Bc big adventure trail ride 2012

Discussion in 'Canada' started by lexluther11, Dec 7, 2011.

1. lexluther11

lexluther11 Ride,Eat,Rest-Repeat

Oddometer:
    Yes that's great filming.........looks dangerous.......I didn't send you through that did I? :D
  2. MotoLara

MotoLara ADV rider wannabe

Oddometer:
    Here it is! :freaky just finished editing this afternoon :D
    <iframe width="760" height="515" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EdKWzPwegmY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​
  3. lexluther11

Oddometer:
    I really liked watching that you did a wonderful job..........thanks
  4. GrizzLee

GrizzLee RubiKon Adventures

Oddometer:

What he said... very enjoyable. Almost like I was there. I wish I was. Maybe next year. :wink:
  5. OceanMtnSea

OceanMtnSea Pretty Dogged

Oddometer:
    exited middle Saskatchewan & entered middle BC

+3.......very nice!
    Naomi crashed in the exact same spot on the summit hill that did me in:eek1.......it was actually hard for me to watch you ride it then run back down to Naomi.......I was wincing all the way:cry watching you...........glad you and Naomi fared better than me thou :D ....she is a diamond!
  6. Komara

Komara Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great job! A great way to remember the ride and share with friends. Thanks for sharing it with us.
  7. BobLoblaw

BobLoblaw Comfortably Numb

Oddometer:
    Nicely done. I crashed at the same spot as you on the hill after washout three. After 1000km of sand in Africa last year the sand was familiar. Still don't like it though. That's me at 13:49 catching my breath.
  8. Komara

Komara Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great job! Thanks for sharing it with us!
  9. MotoLara

Oddometer:
    Thank you all for your comments :D Naomi (Svensmanager) did most of the edting :clap

It sounds like that rocky corner on the hill after washout #3 caught a few riders.... you can see in the video that my bike was kicking me from right to left in that section @ 7:10 but I managed to stay upright.. and when you see Steve and I trying to pickup Naomi's bike @ 8:10 the rock right behind the rear wheel is the one that caused her wipe-out :muutt

Hope the leg is healing up nice OMS!

:beer
    Alberto.
  10. OceanMtnSea

OceanMtnSea Pretty Dogged

Oddometer:
    exited middle Saskatchewan & entered middle BC
    YUP! it is pointing the correct direction - (the most important part).......and I can free-stand on my 2 feet now and am tentatively using it to walk - all-be-it with my crutches still.

J
  11. xlcc

xlcc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That is pretty neat footage, that sand was fun if you get your speed just right.That brought back some good memories.It amazes me how steady you can hold your camera.Well done!
  12. xlcc

xlcc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I loved that comment"Did I just get passed by a Harley?''.Your Filming is great and really shows the conditions.Fantastic!It was a pleasure riding with you guys.Thanks for the memories.
  13. RED CAT

RED CAT Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer:
    Saw it here the other day. Where did it go???
  14. lexluther11

Oddometer:
    It's in the planning stages and once I get things in order I will post a sign up page. I just wanted to know if people were interested?

Cheers
  15. teamgrizzly

teamgrizzly Even more advanced n00b!

Oddometer:
    I think I can speak for the majority here in saying "Hell, yes I'm in." I personally like the idea of basing it out in a central location and doing a cloverleaf style ride. Keeps the bike light and lets riders keep camp set up. Allows for more time for riding or post ride discussion. :freaky

Mike
  16. RockyDS

RockyDS Lost in the wilderness

Oddometer:

:1drink
  17. Fishnbiker

Fishnbiker Tire smuddy, hook swet

Oddometer:
    Campbell River, Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
    This concept definitely works for me !!! Being able to leave extra luggage behind was a huge blessing when trying to pick up my overturned Tiger. Maybe Nelson, Kamloops, or Williams Lake areas?

Anyone interested in a second, smaller version on Vancouver Island? Same base camp concept?
  18. W0lfPack

W0lfPack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I did miss out on this year's ride, but feel obligated to voice my $0.02 worth on this topic.

While I agree the "Cloverleaf" design for a ride allows for plenty of benefits, I think the ride for days and sleep somewhere new adds to the adventure and exploration. The idea of not reaching a single destination but traversing large sections of back-country spanning multiple days gives the ride a unique challenge. It provides a similar theme one experiences when travelling across a country, continent, etc, but on a smaller more manageable scale. This is why I sold my dirt bike and purchased my larger dual-sport bike. It is less capable to trail riding, but allows me to load it up and go, and go, and go... :clap

There are already plenty of rides that are based on the "home base" starting point idea. If you want an awesome ride that is based on a single camp ... check out the Loose Screw ride based out of Kamloops. You won't be disappointed. They offer varying difficulties of trails from advanced single track to paved with some gravel sections.
  19. shuswap biker

shuswap biker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have been following this post from the begining and it looked like a great time was had by all.
    (except for the broken bones and heavy wipeouts)

If you are thinking of doing the shuswap/Okanogan area let me know, and we have lots of room for the camping types.
  20. MotoLara

Oddometer:
    +1

:y0!