BC Big Trailie Ride 2

Discussion in 'Canada' started by dr650bc, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Lav1200

Lav1200 Pig Pen

Oddometer:
    Ditto - you sure have a knack with the camera. I won't be that trip this year (and wasn't last year either), but I've added this route to my wish list for a late Sept trip on my DR.

Cheers,
    Andy
  2. GalacticGS

GalacticGS Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for those pics StandUp! Looks like great riding territory.

I'm planning on making the ride this year. Probably will bug out first thing Sunday morning however because I have tickets to Roger Waters in Edmonton that evening.
  3. Goat-Boy

Goat-Boy Gnarly Sheepfucker

Oddometer:
    Since day two starts in Oliver... There are some back roads that head up to Baldy mountain, then meet up with Hwy 3 near Bridesvale. Nothing nasty, just lots of dust. Might be a nice diversion from the highway. Looks like there may be a route south of the Hwy to take us into Rock Creek from there as well. And by the way, the food is reeeal good at the bus stop in Rock Creek. Just in case anyone needs to replenish thier fat ass.:D
  4. Go-Girl

Go-Girl Adventurer

Oddometer:

Fuck the dust....:chace
  5. PacWestGS

PacWestGS Life Is The Adventure!

Oddometer:
    :lol3 Dust always tastes sweeter from the front of the pack :evil
  6. WestRider

WestRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've got to chime in here...just a heads up that you've got to watch out for logging trucks on that road and I'd hate to see anyone get hurt!!!! They've been logging in the Nickel Plate Lake area and even farther down towards the mine on both sides of the valley. I've got guys working at the mine...I manage closed mines throughout North America including that one...so please don't run into any of my friends up there...:D

You guys have a great ride planned and I had hoped to join you by renting a bike in Penticton or at least setting up a break stop at the mine entrance...looks like I won't be able to make it up there that weekend. Be sure to post a trip report when you get done!!!

Happy Riding!!!

7. IslandR

IslandR Awkward Silence Producer

Oddometer:
    Islandr is still lurking and schemeing.

Have the time booked off but pre committed to another trip that may or maynot happen.

Either way many beers will drank that weekend with or without your hardcore asses.
  8. farmerger

farmerger Snowed in Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Played single parent for the last four days, and as my reward I get 3 days to do the Big Traillie,:rofl(as long as work doesn't get in the way:puke1.) Anyone still looking for a roomie? (Paging PacWestGS!)
  9. spc

spc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    fermerger. What kind of a bike did you get?
  10. PacWestGS

Oddometer:
    Yur still good. Off the top-o-my-head it's about 60-75 C$ per/night split. Hope to see you there. :freaky
  11. farmerger

Oddometer:
    I fandangled an 06 R1200GS mid November. Still not quite sure how the SO let me get away with it.:D I see you put your KLR on the auction block, have you got something else lined up already, or...? Are you and the misses going to be joining us on this ride?

Cheers!:freaky
  12. farmerger

Oddometer:
    Sound good to me, thanks! Are you, and is everyone else, staying the night before in Merritt?
  13. PacWestGS

Oddometer:
    Yeah, think so. :stoned I've had sooooooo much going on lately I suffer from CRS.

(Can't Remember Shit) :baldy

I'm pretty sure I booked rooms for all the nights :loaded and since I was getting there the night before I had the first one done. :1drink
  14. ulendo

ulendo lunatic fringe

Oddometer:
    farmer - does that mean I'll be seeing you at SWMotorrad in Kelowna for parts and service?
  15. farmerger

Oddometer:
    Yup, do you work there? That reminds me I better set up my 1000 km service asap. Thx for the reminder.
  16. ulendo

ulendo lunatic fringe

Oddometer:
    Kelly has a second business, where I work, but I show up in the bike shop periodically too. PM/Email me if and when you're coming down, and depending on the day I might be able to hook up for a ride, etc. I usually ride the Buell to work, and AFAIK, its the only CityX in the valley, let alone one with the MT60's, so it should be obvious when I'm there.

Not sure if I'm reading him right, but I think he's been politely suggesting that I should ride one of his bikes on the DS runs this year to support the shop & 'spread the word', so we'll see. I've been eyeing the XChallange as a counterpart to the Buell :deal
  17. rob1313

rob1313 Still learning

Oddometer:
    Hey riders

If I can only make one day of this ride, which one is best? I'll be 2 up on a Big Vee
    Rob
  18. MANXMAN

MANXMAN Overlander

Oddometer:
    I would think that the first day would be the easiest 2-up. The second and third days have somewhat trickier sections to them.

Manxman
  19. rob1313

rob1313 Still learning

Oddometer:
    Thanks,

I'll see what I can get away with now.

Rob
  20. sector

sector Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    This looks like it'll be a lot of fun. I went ahead and booked the rooms.