BC Big Trailie Ride 2

Discussion in 'Canada' started by dr650bc, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Goat-Boy

Goat-Boy Gnarly Sheepfucker

Oddometer:
    Thursday night: Super 8 in Merritt 79$ complete with complimentary cow shit.

Friday night: Maple Leaf Motel Oliver 95$ ( 1-250-498-3497 ) only 3 blocks (and at least an hour and a half of drunken stumbling) away from the rest of the group.:freaky Still some rooms left.

Saturday Night: Log Cabin in Penticton 88$ + appies and fire water. (last room by the way)

Not sure which bike I'll be riding, but I'm leaning towards the KLR since we (Goat Girl and I) may take a different route back to Princeton (Summerland via KVR) and I want to make it out in one piece. Also because I just don't trust myself around the 950 if a match (or a cliff) is handy :evil ... Just kidding there insurance people... heh heh
  2. Stily1

Stily1 Ex-pat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Okay gang, not to hijack this thread or venture too far afield, but seeing how y'all are semi-local and many may have an older DL1000 like me, figured I'd let you know that I'm trying to offload a Cee Baily tall windshield ('02 '03 DL1000 only, $60 obo) and a BRAND NEW in the wrapper set of Givi crash bars (all years DL1000 'sfar as I know, $150 obo). If you're interested, they're posted at www.bcsportbikes.com under accessories/parts, search for posts by me, Stily1.

Or:

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78819

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86158

See y'all in June! :D
  3. DG K3 1000

DG K3 1000 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Interested in cee baily
  4. dr650bc

dr650bc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Manxman was planning to pre-ride a few sections of this year's route, so Stily1 & I decided to get away from Vancouver and join him.

A few highlights follow:

Ascending the Bridesville - Rock Creek road
    [​IMG]

Looking south into the US of A from the high point of the road
    [​IMG]

A rideable section of the Kettle Valley Railway trail north of Rock Creek
    [​IMG]

The river beside the trail was pretty wild from the heavy winter snowpack
    [​IMG]

After an entertaining zap north along HWY33 the route back to Kelowna on McCulloch Rd offered great views and a good selection of paved & dirt twisties
    [​IMG]

Heading back to Vancouver along the Princeton - Summerland road was fantastic - smooth, dust suppressed dirt.
    [​IMG]

The chain lakes along this road are great for recreation and water supply. Thirsk Lake water project for the District of Summerland
    [​IMG]

Once down in the valley bottom, the farms offer a splash of colour - adds to the experience :clap
    [​IMG]
  5. PacWestGS

PacWestGS Life Is The Adventure!

Oddometer:
    Ymmy, can't wait...:freaky
  6. GalacticGS

GalacticGS Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1

Lookin' good...
  7. Stily1

Stily1 Ex-pat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great work with the camera, Ray! You really managed to capture the subtle beauty of my Roadcrafter. :roflWhich oh so nicely compliments the brutish good looks of my Strom! :hide
  8. Stily1

Stily1 Ex-pat Adventurer

Oddometer:
  9. MANXMAN

MANXMAN Overlander

Oddometer:
    Fixed
  10. gravelrash

gravelrash Decrepit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Cripes Manxie. The abuse won't stop now. Get the new jacket.
  11. Stand Up

Stand Up Ride non-painted roads

Oddometer:
    Any Albertans heading out? I'll be turning south at Three Valley Gap - west side of Mable Lake to Lumby (the Trinity Valley) to Kelowna. I'll leave Kelowna early Friday, do the 132 km to Merritt be there in time for brecky. Might go out Thursday - don't want to miss a night of drinking.
    South of Three Valley Gap
    [​IMG]

Mable Lake
    [​IMG]
  12. Go-Girl

Go-Girl Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm definitely in!! Goat-boy's kept me updated on the planning of events but it sure is something else to see the pictures you guys have posted. What a great ride - I can hardly wait!! :rayof

Go-Girl
    (New avatar/new name)
  13. Goat-Boy

Oddometer:
    GG and I will be heading to Merritt Thursday, via 99 to Whistler, then taking the Duffy to Lillooet and south towards Lytton, then over the mountains to Spences Bridge and south to Merritt from there. Should be a fun ride. PM me if you're in
    GB
  14. GalacticGS

GalacticGS Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm planing on leaving Edmonton Thursday morning for Merritt. Looking forward to the ride...
  15. Cooler

Cooler Farkle king.

Oddometer:
    I'm off the week before. If I can get the monday off I'm going to try and make it. I'm new to this adventure scene but willing to give it a go. now if I can get that floater I'm due for the monday following the trip to ride home I've got it made. Is there anyone I need to talk to , to register or just book a room as posted above and show up? Chow for now.
  16. Stily1

Stily1 Ex-pat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No registration. It's an informal thing. Book a room and show up.

Welcome!

17. Rick West

Rick West Function not Farkles

Oddometer:
    You won't have any trouble staying in front of those V-Stroms, but watch out for the GS's:lol3

Looks like upwards to 20 riders. This is going to be fun. Anyone riding to Merritt from the Okanagan on the Thursday?

Looking forward to meeting/riding with you guys,

Rick
  18. Goat-Boy

Oddometer:
    Also three other riders that I know of are planning the trip; Dog Breath, SP2, and his brother No Name Bob.:freaky They'll be riding from Kamloops and joining us Friday morning.
  19. farmerger

farmerger Snowed in Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Like Cooler I'm new to the overnight adventure thing, so I'm looking for some recommendations on what gear is needed, and what isn't. It looks like last year there was some pretty decent dirt riding involved so if possible I'd like to leave the side cases at home and just strap a duffle to the rear seat, with maybe a small tankbag.

Goat-boy, when are your buddies leaving 'Loops on Fri? I'm coming from Chase on Fri, maybe I can hook up with them.
  20. Stily1

Stily1 Ex-pat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm not really clear why the sidecases would be a problem in the dirt, but if you have your hotel rooms booked you shouldn't need to carry all that much gear, eh?