Before it gets too cold!!

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Ginger Beard, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Ginger Beard

Ginger Beard Instagram @motopossum Super Moderator

Oddometer:

Hey Pete Pilot,

I appreciate the post. It's always great to hear from similarly minded people even if they don't like sand.:lol3

Baja is a place that is on my bucket list, both the riding and the beaches. Sounds to me like you are wintering properly. The WR250r has been a great tool for dual sport travel and I'm sure that it's the bike that will accompany me on my trips out west and south. :ricky

Man, my wife and I have been talking about a ride to Nova Scotia. I may have to start planning a trip that way especially given the generous offer of a place to crash. Thank you for that! :freaky

Bending rules and retiring early, well I did one of those!:rofl Great to hear that it worked out.

Thank you for reading my ride report and I'm happy to see that you enjoyed it.

Cheers

Dave
  2. Pete Pilot

Pete Pilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dave there be a co.out of Vancouver B.C.called Backroad Mapbooks. I have a few of there Mapbooks and they be an excellent product. If you come this way you must get the New Brunswick book as the northern half of that province has great many crushed rock forestry rds.. moved the toy wagon into that area last June and rode 3 days on the DRZ (440) and did not see a single rider. Roads everything from wide enough for 2 logging trucks to meet with a six pack of feet extra to dual tracks that have not seen a vehicle in a month. Running speeds of 10 mph to 75 mph. If you came all this way if time permits a rider could spend 7 days just wandering NB alone. Can mostly camp anywhere on the forestry roads. If you have questions::::: merlinjay7@gmail.com
    x-c, Downeyman and Ginger Beard like this.
  3. Ginger Beard

Oddometer:

Wow thank you so much !!!
  4. drklynoon

drklynoon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Glad to tell ya the Shinbone is back open and has a FB page. https://www.facebook.com/shinbonecountrycorner/?ref=page_internal
    Ginger Beard and Traxx like this.
  5. drklynoon

drklynoon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    SO I staid up a bit later than normal to finish this treat and have to thank you for all the work you put in to document your trip. This is very very motivating for me to try my hand at it this year. Thank you so much.
  6. Ginger Beard

Oddometer:

Oh wow, that's awesome!! I hope that it is a complete success for the new owners! Thanks for letting me know. Btw, it's on the SEAT route so be sure to waypoint it for your trip! :D

Man, I'm glad to read that you enjoyed it! Looking forward to your take on this journey and to see how you will capture it through filming . I'm much better at writing than taking videos but I'd like to expand into videography for future trips, if nothing more than to highlight some of the more fun and/or scenic sections of a route.

Cheers,

Dave
    drklynoon, Amphib and Traxx like this.
  7. the slow heart

the slow heart alive

Oddometer:
    Reading it, felt like a walk in the park - pleasant, easy and planted breath of fresh air :bubba

But what I smiled at most was the contrast of your face expressions riding solo vs with friends -
    man your mug shines like a cutie in candies shop, when posing with riding buddies.
    If I were you, would consider sticking more with them on those beautiful tracks of yours :beer
    Ginger Beard likes this.
  8. MasterMarine

MasterMarine Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for sharing the live cliff notes version of your trip and the more detailed looking back version. I enjoyed seeing an area of the country that I have never been to before thru your story.
    Traxx and Ginger Beard like this.
  9. Ginger Beard

Oddometer:

You may be on to something here! I may need to convince them to do long rides more often! Thanks for reading.
    Traxx likes this.
  10. Ginger Beard

Oddometer:

I'm happy to read that you enjoyed the thread. I enjoyed breaking it down this way and will likely use a similar style for my next ride report.

The southeastern USA may not have the wildly numerous breathtaking views of the west but between the people and the history, there is certainly an opportunity to find adventures here.

Thanks for taking the time to check out my ride report!
    Traxx and Amphib like this.
  11. BornAgain

BornAgain Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Some of the best adventures start in your own backyard :ricky
  12. Ginger Beard

Oddometer:

Man, do they ever!!
    Traxx likes this.
  13. HickOnACrick

HickOnACrick Groovinator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great RR GB. Let me know when you head North for the SM 500. I am about 20 miles from the loop.