Benelli Leoncino Trail (scrambler)

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Marx, May 14, 2018.

1. Marx

Marx Adventurer

Oddometer:
  2. DavidM1

DavidM1 Resting

Oddometer:
  3. Marx

Marx Adventurer

Oddometer:
    More deets:

One of Italy’s oldest motorcycle manufacturers that began in 1911, Benelli, has entered the scrambler game.
    Benelli, part of China’s Group Quianjiang, surprised many when it released the new TRK 502, a 500cc parallel-twin mid-weight adventure bike. Now that same engine goes to work in the Leoncino scrambler motorbikes.

Both Leoncinos are powered by the liquid-cooled twin, which produces 46 horsepower @8500 rpm and 33 ft/lbs of torque @5000 rpm. The engine is modern with fuel injection, dual-overhead cams, four-valves per cylinder, a hydraulic clutch and six-speed transmission. The engine is cradled inside a traditional trellis frame. Further enhancements include ABS, a digital dash, and LED technology.

One unique design on both the Leoncino and Leoncino Trail is the Lion of Pesaro, which appears like a tiny hood ornament on the front fender.

Benelli Leoncino Trail
    The Leoncino Trail features the same frame and brakes as the base, but is enhanced for off-road use. The Trail has typical dual-sport wheel setup of a scrambler, with a 19-inch front and 17-inch rear. The wheels are shod in 110/80 and 150/70 tires.

The front fork is a hefty 50mm, combined with the same suspension as the Leoncino street bike out back. The Leoncino Trail features additional suspension travel over the street model: 5.3 inches front; 5.4 inches back.

Both Leoncino scrambler-styled motorcycles will be available in red, silver, green or black at “an extremely competitive price” yet to be defined.

Benelli Leoncino
    The base Leoncino is built for the street; it features 17-inch alloy wheels shod with 120/70 and 160/60 rubber. The front suspension features a 45mm upside-down fork with 4.9 inches of travel, and the swingarm is suspended by a laterally-mounted shock absorber that provides 4.4 inches of travel.

Braking on the Leoncino is handled by dual 320mm discs up front squeezed by four-piston calipers, and a single 260mm disc out back squeezed by a single-piston caliber.

[​IMG]

Linky: https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/20...ncino-trail-debut-scrambler-motorcycle-focus/
  4. jimmex

jimmex Guero con moto Supporter

Oddometer:
    "Adventure bike"... please.
  5. DavidM1

DavidM1 Resting

Oddometer:
  6. Marx

Marx Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Same engine, same badge, different everything else.

[​IMG]
    jimmex likes this.
  7. DavidM1

DavidM1 Resting

Oddometer:
  8. RobbK

RobbK Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'd love to see this brought to the U.S.A.
  9. DavidM1

DavidM1 Resting

Oddometer:
    I like the green colour.

[​IMG]
  10. Gustavo

Gustavo Motociclista Errante

Oddometer:
    It always looked like an interesting bike, but at 196kg, way to heavy for a small displacement naked that has off-road aspirations.

Gustavo
  11. Oilboiler

Oilboiler ...

Oddometer:
    Dry weight 186 kg (edit: now Benelli website shows 170kg )
    Honda CB500F 190kg

Where I live the Leoncino costs 5,990 Euro
    I ride old bikes, but if I would be on the market for a new bike, then this one would be one of the first I'd book a test ride with.
  12. Skinnycat

Skinnycat n00b

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have experience playing with one off road? I'm looking at the Leoncino or the RE Himalayan. I know the Himalayan can take some punishment, just wondering if the Leoncino could be as robust as the RE or a little on the sensitive side.
  13. DavidM1

DavidM1 Resting

Oddometer:
    I see the Leoncino Trail is available in the UK for £5299 on-the-road. There's a dealer just 20 miles from me - I'll see if I can get a test ride.
    zundappuk likes this.
  14. DavidM1

DavidM1 Resting

Oddometer:
  15. vince82

vince82 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not worth a lot, but anything less than 200kg is a light bike. They are both winners in that. How it goes/drive/feels is more important than does 30kg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Wallachian Spikes likes this.
  16. Kommando

Kommando Long timer

Oddometer:
    'Any word on if the USA will get them and for how much?
  17. ChopperCharles

ChopperCharles Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I'd want one for sure.

Charles.
  18. ChopperCharles

Oddometer:
    Srsly, I want the Leoncino 500 trail. SSR better listen, my money is burning a hole in my pocket. Bring it here!!!!

Charles.
  19. ChopperCharles

Oddometer:
  20. ChopperCharles

Oddometer:
    I just put down a deposit on a red Leoncino Trail. They're ordering it from SSR and it will be delivered in a few weeks if all goes well. I intend to seal the deal Feb 19th.

... I might have gone on Aliexpress and ordered $400 worth of accessories that should arrive around the same time I take possession of the bike... :)

Charles.