Benelli TRK 502

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Dualsport Chic, Jan 30, 2016.

1. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
  2. camionjeep

camionjeep Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi, new here, and while I do own a Tre K (Three Cylinder in Italian), rather than being a TRK, it's the big brother 1130 Amazonas triple. Does anyone know if there is a thread for them somewhere on Advrider? I can't find any aftermarket gear for it at all, not even a sump guard.
  3. ChopperCharles

ChopperCharles Long timer

Oddometer:
    I sat on a fully-decked-out TRK502X, with the taller suspension, larger wheels, and the OEM hard bags. What you don't understand when you see the bike in videos or photos is how truly MASSIVE this bike is. It's BIG. It's TALL. It's LONG. The passenger accommodation is equal to that of any large adventure bike. I'm 5'9" with a 31" inseam, and I was on tiptoes. Not the balls of my feet, my toes. It's a very top heavy bike, especially with the truly GIGANTIC luggage installed. Seriously, the panniers are twice as large as my Tusk panniers, and I'm pretty sure a small woman can curl up inside the topcase. Like seriously, the bags are the same dimensions as Tusk hard panniers, but just twice as wide. This makes the bike really wide as well. My dealership is selling the bike at MSRP, but discounting the luggage and adding it at their cost, which is $800 for the full set.

This bike is not meant for minimalist touring. This is an everything including the kitchen sink bike, with a passenger sipping a frappachino while you're blasting down the interstate chatting on intercoms kind of bike. While it may be *capable* of some gnarly off-road riding, I'd never feel comfortable on anything but the street. And...since that's the case, were I to get one I'd save a bunch of money and get the standard version. It sits a full inch lower, has a low-slung exhaust so panniers don't stick out so far on the right, a 17" front rim and tubeless tires.

That said, you may disagree with me about the off-road capabilities. I'd never dream of taking those big huge bikes Ewan and Charlie took around the world on anything more than a well-graded dirt road. If you're fine with that, then this might be the bike for you. It's really huge. REALLY big. The motor is midsized, but the rest of the bike is just LARGE in every way.

Charles.
    Curve Curious likes this.
  4. ChopperCharles

Oddometer:
    If anyone gets a TRK502 of any flavor, and you find your speedometer is wildly inaccurate, I found a way to enter a calibration frequency for the Benelli Leoncino. The same trick also works for the TNT135 (the grom killer), and chances are good it will work for the TRK502 as well. You'll have to make your own calculations though. Here's the info: https://advrider.com/f/threads/my-n...i-leoncino-trail.1487527/page-2#post-41777943

Charles.
    Curve Curious likes this.
  5. HuntWhenever

HuntWhenever Motorcicle Commuter

Oddometer:
    My local multi-brand dealer started selling Benelli. They have a TRK 502X on the floor. Looks like a lot of bike for the money. :thumb
  6. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Almost sounds like they built the proportions/weight too large for the motor size/ power to weight ratio?

The nose looks too large proportionality imo. Why do all that for a 500 twin?
    Honda did get the proportions correct on their 500X and that other 500 twin looks good. I figured the size is close to a RX4 but I guess no?

31" inseam and you are on your tip toes?
    Too tall for a ADV bike. I don't get who built this bike? Make it big, tall and probably heavy then use a smaller motor?

So who has pics???
  7. ChopperCharles

Oddometer:
    I like it because it’s a big touring bike without a big price tag. It is pretty much the GL500 Interstate reborn as a Benelli.
    I’ve not sat on or even seen an rx4 in person, but compared to an rx3 it is truly massive. There’s room for a fat ass rider and a fat ass passenger to be comfortable. The windshield has windshields. Little side deflectors that smooth out the airflow. It appears to be a very well designed bike. It won’t be fast with that motor, but it will be exceedingly smooth and competent.

Charles.
    eakins likes this.
  8. ChopperCharles

Oddometer:
  9. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
  10. Ohio_Danimal

Ohio_Danimal If I die trying, at least I tried Supporter

Oddometer:
  11. zzaped

zzaped Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have wandered around two multi brand dealers this week and both had Benelli's on the showroom floor
  12. Curve Curious

Curve Curious n00b

Oddometer:
    Just bought one. Finish not far off from Vstrom, Ive owned 7 years . Easy, fun handling, Great looks. Fits well into GS, Multi, etc. Lots of attention.

Super price.

Greets,

Pier

Attached Files:

ChopperCharles likes this.
  13. tigersteve

tigersteve Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I took this one out for a test ride yesterday . I went in to ride the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and saw this afterwards - I must admit I'd never even heard of it , Benelli of course , but not this new Chinese built Adventure bike . Pretty good looking , quite top heavy compared with GS , but comfortable, great riding position, gearbox, handling, vision etc. If you can get your head around slower acceleration and lower top speed , I think value for money it is great .
    I did however follow this Ferrari on the way home and wondered if he could live with a Fiat engine under the bonnet ..........

DSC07943.jpg DSC07947.jpg IMG_6151.JPG DSC07951.JPG
    simmons1 likes this.