Bentley Motorrad closing.

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Mike Ryder, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Mike Ryder

Mike Ryder Kriegerkuh Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sad to see this.
  2. matt.the.ogre

matt.the.ogre Fair-minded Villian Supporter

Oddometer:
    That is sad. I was in there many years ago and they were helpful getting a replacement faceshield for my helmet. (I don't live in the area but would pop in when riding through Kelowna.)

All remaining parts and accessories 50% off -- says their website.
  3. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
    sad to see them go but I can't say my experience buying my Multi was very pleasant, I vowed not to return again.
  4. dilrod

dilrod Going all the way Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hmmm, interesting. So much for the boutique motorcycle shop idea.
  5. HatesSnow

HatesSnow Waiting for Summer

Oddometer:
    This is sad. I bought two bikes from them and they always treated me well. I don't live in the interior any more though so I haven't been back for a couple years. Their long-time accessories/assistant manager left at some point during that time which struck me as odd but staff turnover, especially in the parts and service department, has always been high. I always found those two departments to be their weak point. I always used to get a warm welcome, excellent service and great deals in accessories. Well, that was my only reason for stopping in Kelowna when in the area so I guess I'll just be continuing on through from now on.
  6. KayDubbya

KayDubbya Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Really disappointing too hear this. I've used them for parts for my BMW for the last few years and their service has always been top notch.
  7. CaribooBC

CaribooBC life is an adventure

Oddometer:
    Once Gord left, it was never the same. He is such a top notch tech that he brings everybody around him up a notch or two.
    'Bob' and Mike Ryder like this.
  8. 'Bob'

'Bob' Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bentley's closing is unfortunate but means several highly professional staff will be offering their services elsewhere. Hopefully in the Okanagan area.
  9. MGV8

MGV8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was trying to be a good customer, They couldn't supply the bike I wanted but as I own two BMWs and like to use OEM parts it was nice to have them close.
    Of course for some reason I always left the place slightly irritated. I do know customer service as my busy shop lives or dies by how we treat people. So I always wondered how long they would be around each time I left the store. Still it is sad to see any business close and force us to shop even more on-line
    RevyRider, shuswap1 and farmerger like this.
  10. Rossland Rider

Rossland Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sad but not surprising.
  11. Northernracer

Northernracer n00b

Oddometer:
    That is really too bad. My wife and I just bought our first two adventure bikes from them. We both really enjoyed the experience. Dave was very helpful before and after the purchase of the two BMW’s.

Is there anyone servicing these bikes in the Okanagan now?
  12. Mike Ryder

Mike Ryder Kriegerkuh Supporter

Oddometer:
    A silence like freshly fallen snow was heard.
  13. KayDubbya

KayDubbya Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've heard that Kelowna Honda Powerhouse is taking over the BMW side of the business (unconfirmed) so it may be worth a call to them.

For non-warranty service Redline Cycle and ATV could handle it.
  14. MGV8

Oddometer:
    Heard the rumours, will believe it the I see it. Until I know more Blackfoot is my go to store for OEM parts
  15. BritGuy

BritGuy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I heard the same rumour about Honda Power Centre taking over the BMW franchise and M&M taking Triumph. No interest in Ducati apparently from the industry. I have no idea if any of this is true, but it would be good to see these franchises supported in the Okanagan.
    MGV8 likes this.
  16. 'Bob'

'Bob' Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    A Kelowna Honda Powerhouse staff showed me some of the bikes Honda had from Bentley which Bentley had been storing for its customers. His version of Honda taking over BMW and Triumph was same as above.

Personally I always found Bentley Motorrad best kind.
  17. Cavolina

Cavolina Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm not surprised, I stopped there a couple of years ago to buy a pair of gloves. I was the only customer in the store, there was three sales people standing around doing nothing, no one asked me if i needed assistance, I looked around for awhile drank one of their coffee's and left as no one was interested in helping me. I never went back. I've been small business owner for 25 years. To be successful its all about customer service. Given my experience there i guess they didn't get that
    gpfan and Cal like this.
  18. RexBuck

RexBuck Long timer

Oddometer:
    I bought 3 bikes from them and was generally treated well. Dave could be a bit off-putting sometimes and in fact when a buddy of mine was interested in buying a 1200 GS was blown off.

I always wondered about the economics of a business like that - good sized building, not cheap; lots of inventory, not cheap; fair number of staff, not cheap . . . all being supported by a very seasonal business.
  19. MGV8

Oddometer:
    Stopped in at the Honda Power house Store. Good yak with Max ( I think ) the Parts guy. He seemed to be already up to speed on the BMW parts system. Showed me stuff they already had in stock. Going to split the showroom up so they can have the Beemers in their own little area. Some what like Bentley had with Duc, Triumph and BMW. Said the guys in the back, the important ones, were at training already. The Big reveal is sometime in January. Looks like they have invested and committed. Which will be a good thing. Maybe we can all have that good customer service experience that we all crave.
    BritGuy, Mike Ryder and bmwroadsterca like this.
  20. Road Warrior

Road Warrior Valley BMW Riders member

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the latest report on the Honda Power House/ BMW takeover, Brian.
    I agree, I'm REALLY looking forward to a much better customer experience than my experience with Bentley.

Ron
    MGV8 likes this.