BergDonk's DR650s

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by BergDonk, Dec 20, 2010.

1. BergDonk

BergDonk Old Enough to Know Better

Oddometer:
    Nah, not bored. Been doing stuff here at home, getting ready for my library to arrive, preparing site for a new a shipping container which I'll fit out and house my 50+ year magazine collection. Then plenty of earthworks, tractoring to improve our driveway so normal cars and my uncle's new LWD camper van don't scrape their undersides, which has meant I've got rid of my pile of left over tyres into landfill, most in the driveway, and the rest under the library.

[​IMG]

All hidden now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Replaced all the fluros in my main shed with LEDs for a 'brilliant' result. Batten lights in the lower roof section and bay lights in the high roof bit.

Been thinning out some scrub around the house in preparation for the next fire, plenty of community work, sold a couple of bikes, the Scorpa and FE650 which were no longer getting enough use. I did almost buy another DR project, but didn't,

No shed projects in play though, apart from routine maintenance. Although I do have plans to do some more testing of oil cooler variations on HI790S when some of the other higher priority tasks are under control.

I've also been planning the construction of my model railroad shed, a latent hobby for too many years and one I first got into at 4yo. I've got a heap of locos, rolling stock and track plus associated stuff that's been in storage since my old man passed away in 1987. I did have a bit of it setup in the house for a while a few years ago, but plans changed....Maybe I'll have to have a DR650 model on it....

Been on a few cage road trips with the missus and in between I've been riding, and I'm planning some more riding too. My next shed time will involve a new front tyre on my DR and some more tweaks to HE300RS.
  2. drhippie2

drhippie2 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the update...:beer

last two pics r a no show.. for me ..
    JRowland and JagLite like this.
  3. BergDonk

Oddometer:
    Google pic sharing again, damn......

I'll paste them in then, last 2 you say?

upload_2020-10-7_8-10-44.png

[​IMG]
    JRowland and JagLite like this.
  4. drhippie2

drhippie2 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yep last two ... first pic is good ..no love on secant pic on secant try :muutt

I installed some similar LED lites in my shed ... Now I can see what I've been missing ...:dirtdog

Not sure thats good thing :pep

Way to many unfinished projects
    JRowland, JagLite and BergDonk like this.
  5. BergDonk

Oddometer:
    Be boring otherwise. I do need another rainy day bike project though.....its raining today as it happens, and yesterday, and should start to clear tomorrow, so riding should be good for the weekend.
    :beer
    JRowland, JagLite and drhippie2 like this.
  6. BergDonk

Oddometer:
    Pic #2 from above again, grrrr, the left overs.

upload_2020-10-7_9-24-58.png
    JRowland, JagLite and drhippie2 like this.
  7. BergDonk

Oddometer:

[​IMG]

At a bit over 5k kms, starting to get that knob taper.

[​IMG]

I just fitted a new front tyre. The Motoz front made it to almost 7k kms. The alternate wider spaced centre knobs have all but disappeared, making for an interesting wear pattern. It was still working tolerably, but was getting lumpy for sure. I have another Motoz FIM6 for next time, the tyre fitted today is a 90/00 Michelin HP5 Hard, with 'NHS' ground off. I've used these a couple of times and don't mind them.
    drhippie2, mrsdnf and JagLite like this.