Best ADV boots in terms of walking comfort.

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by pnepost, May 1, 2017.

1. pnepost

pnepost Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi there folks,

Aby advise on which adventure boots would be best for walking in them?

I could compromise SOME safety to have an ability to walk when off the bike...

Any good leads on that?
  2. Bigger Al

Bigger Al Still a stupid tire guy Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've had a set of the Forma Adventure boots for about a month now, and honestly they are some of the most comfortable boots of any kind that I have ever owned. That includes work boots, hiking boots, and backpacking boots. I could walk a long way in these with no ill effect.
    pnepost and E-town dirt dude like this.
  3. Duckworth

Duckworth Taking the high road

Oddometer:
    + 1 on Forma Adventures for comfort.

However, I had to send mine back for an exchange due to faulty waterproofing. I hope that's just a fluke, because I like the boots otherwise.
  4. Sitheach86

Sitheach86 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Revit discovery out dry are like sneakers in comfort but are the most protective adventure boot available from all I've tried. This is easily the best adv boot. Second option would be Forma adventures. I find them a little lacking in protection and the bottom buckle digs into the top of my foot however they are still the best budget option.
  5. Masterguns

Masterguns 1369

Oddometer:
    I have Gaerne Balance Pro-Tech, and they are super comfortable. Not waterproof, but the same style Gaerne Balance Oiled boots are.
    I also have the Sidi Discovery Rain, which are waterproof. They are a bit stiffer and beefier than the Gaerne, but still very suitable to walk in.
    pnepost likes this.
  6. flybigjet

flybigjet Remove Before Flight Supporter

Oddometer:
    +2 on the Forma Adventure's. I have the low's and they're quite comfortable, both on and off the bike.

R.
  7. DittyBag

DittyBag A bag of dirty stuff

Oddometer:
    Recently nabbed a pair of A-star Belize, coming down from the A-star Toucan. The Toucan is pretty much bulletproof. Crashed in them a lot with zero trauma to the feet or legs, but they're no fun for walking. I've worn the Belize to work for three days and I do a lot of walking outside. I believe that they will be a great compromise as they feel like a work boot. The extra thickness that they put into the peg area is perfect for riding while standing on the pegs (I do a lot of atv riding at work too). I don't know how this boot compares to the others above for temperature.
  8. Okeedokee

Okeedokee Cranky Bastard

Oddometer:
    +3 on Forma Adv. Park and walk with no problems.
  9. E-town dirt dude

E-town dirt dude Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Totally agree...very comfortable but also had to send my first pair back due to faulty waterproofing.
  10. pnepost

pnepost Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks all for your advices, I'll look into those...

...yesterday also found out something like Dainese Carroarmato (that's a tank in Italian...hold on, they'd have a special word for these?...no offence )

Anyway they look...stylish I'd say, which isn't my priority, but reviewers say they're also very comfortable walking. Anyone has experience with them?
  11. OutRecording

OutRecording Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Had Forma Adventures for maybe 2 years. Have hiked many miles in them and barely noticed. The tradeoff is protection. Had the bike come down on my ankle once and, though it didn't break, hurt for a couple weeks. (A smaller trail bike) Then six weeks ago I went down and broke three metatarsal bones in my foot while wearing them. Kind of an unlikely scenario but my toes hit the ground and my heel got smashed down by the bike. Flexed the foot back too far. As for waterproof, they did lose it after some time but waxing them brought it back.

Coincidentally my new Forma Terrain TX Enduro's just arrived today. Feels like great protection and walking shouldn't be (much of) an issue judging from my left foot. Still can't get my broken foot into anything at the moment.
  12. pnepost

pnepost Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Aren't the Belizes simply a short Toucans - which would mean same shell in the foot area?

Maaaan Toucans were stiff to me like hell, I could do some short walk around the gas station, but nothing more than that. On the protection side I can say they're great though.
  13. DittyBag

DittyBag A bag of dirty stuff

Oddometer:
    No, the Belize is completely different. Revzilla video is spot on.
    pnepost likes this.
  14. Kyle01

Kyle01 bOOb

Oddometer:
    Weekdays: Chicago Weekends: Northern Wisconsin!
    IMG_3528.JPG Gaerne G-Adventure gets my vote. They have remained 100% waterproof for the 4! years I've been using them and right out of the box were all day comfortable. I'd ride to work and just leave them on they are so damn comfy. Added a pair of Alpinestars Tech 7's to the club recently and I've gotta say... hot damn, also VERY comfy- although the hinged design makes them less of a "walk around" boot... but a buddy has them with the "Enduro sole" ($20 extra) and claims they are perfectly fine for walking. That's my experience and admittedly those are both decent boots but on different ends of the protection spectrum. I don't typically wear my Gaerne's when riding my Beta and don't typically wear the AStars on my ADV bike... though I surely could.
  15. Nickhob

Nickhob Armchair adventurer

Oddometer:
    The Belizes seem to be the short version of the Corozals.
  16. Ryan72

Ryan72 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My Forma's are definitely the most comfortable walk around boots. But for me they lack feel on the shifter. They are bulky and don't work so well when you need precision shifting. Not the first concern of most adv types, but for me it keeps them from being my go-to boots.
  17. ErikMotoMan

ErikMotoMan Airbag crash survivor!

Oddometer:
    In Motorcycle Heaven since 1990 - So Cal!
    Sidi Adventure 1 squeak loudly
  18. Sitheach86

Sitheach86 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pull the plastic tab out of the leather slit on the back just above the heel. Put a lot of mink oil or leather conditioner on the plastic piece. Make sure it has the consistency of something like petroleum jelly. Reinsert the plastic tab. Boom. Squeak free for months, quiet as a slipper.
  19. ErikMotoMan

ErikMotoMan Airbag crash survivor!

Oddometer:
    In Motorcycle Heaven since 1990 - So Cal!
    Good Intel, thanx!
  20. telejojo

telejojo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Huntsville Ala. foothills of the Smokey's
    Gaerne Balance Oiled.....................................