Best crashbars for the 950

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by Brett-san, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Brett-san

Brett-san n00b

Oddometer:
    I’m signed up to take the Jimmy Lewis class outside of LA next week and my BIGTWIN carbon tank protectors for my shiny new 950S won’t be in for another 4 weeks. I’d like to have some protection on my bike before the class so I’m looking to buy some crashbars to fill the void.

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--><!--[endif]--> My question if which brand to buy? I know I can get the KTM and SW Mo-tech bars within a few days but have read some negatives about the amount of protection provided by the mounting points. Other options would be the RickyCross or AfricanQueens but I’m a little unsure of availability in my one-week window.

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--><!--[endif]--> I’d like to get some feed back from any of you that have experience with these products.

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> [font=&quot]-Brett[/font]
  2. AZcacti

AZcacti Dope on a Rope

Oddometer:
    I have had good results with the KTM crash bars. The bike has gone down 4 times with nothing more than cosmetic damage it the bars.

On a side note they work well as highway pegs too. The bars provide a good place to strech out sore legs. :thumb
  3. AFekete

AFekete Long timer

Oddometer:
  4. skunkman

skunkman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have the African Queens bars. It took almost two months to get them, so that wont work for you this time, but so far I am happy with them. True, they dont attach to the frame in the front, but rather the tank mount bolts, but in moderate crashes they have held up well. and done the job of preventing some mean paint "slashes". Given the weight of the bike, I question whether any bar can really withstand a crash 'at speed'?
  5. Daan

Daan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello!

Look at www.evamotor.nl his bars are verry stabil, looks good, stainless steel.

Availble in black and orange!

Daan!
  6. Daan

Daan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here a pic!

Attached Files: