Best day of my life

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Lopburi, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Lopburi

Lopburi Lost in paradise

Oddometer:
    Yup
  2. Cerberus44233

Cerberus44233 n00b

Oddometer:
    Followed your adventures with great interest AND you have an awesome wife, lucky man. Stelvio was 5 years ago, I was 68. I have one more item on my bucket list before I really get too old for this kind of nonsense. Looking at a little adventure riding, certainly not quite as grand as yours but I think riding down Baja California and back to San Diego, where I live would satisfy my sense of adventure before I hang it for good. Looking at a Yamaha xt250, my first conventional bike, everything else have been scooters. Then of course equipping it is prob gonna cost as much as the bike, haha so I better make a decision. Sorry for the rambling. Thank you
    Lopburi and scot_douglas like this.
  3. Pdrhound

Pdrhound Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is classic old lady Canada. 2 bitties chat for 5 mins and they are family. She has seen you pics, knows whats sports you played in high school, and the names of 3 of your ex girlfriends. The other lady knows one those girlfriends parents and remarks how well you were not to hook up with that poor girl. They will be sending Christmas cards now, and you now have 26 more cousins.

My Dads side is spread from Oshawa to Lac Beauport. Spent my summers somewhere in between and drove coast to coast. Hockey school in Penticton swimming with the monstrosities in Okanagon Lake.........good memory's!!!! I'd move north, but after 25 years of ski patrolling I detest the snow. Gonna learn more about spanish american bitties now.
    Lopburi likes this.
  4. MrKiwi

MrKiwi Love my Tranny Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    So you're one of those nutters, could never understand why so many people push bike Stelvio :dunno.

(damn impressive but don't tell anyone I said so :lol3)
  5. Cerberus44233

Cerberus44233 n00b

Oddometer:

Well, no one ever said cyclists are sane people. But if you are a life long cyclist, Stelvio or any of the Italian or French Alps mountain passes, is something you’ll want to conquer before you go to Cyclist Heaven. I was lucky enough to be able to do it at 68, now at 73 I need a motor, haha
    Lopburi likes this.
  6. ChopperCharles

ChopperCharles Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've read through the first four pages of this, and I'm re-evaluating my current relationship now. I had no idea it was possible to find a girl that shared my interests and would willingly and excitedly join me on a motorcycle trip like this... damn. Either you're a lucky man, or I'm doing it all wrong.

Charles.
    flyingdutchman177 and GregDavidL like this.
  7. Pdrhound

Oddometer:
  8. Lopburi

Lopburi Lost in paradise

Oddometer:
    Patty says everyone is welcome (if your not a jackass)
  9. Lopburi

Lopburi Lost in paradise

Oddometer:
    I’m a lucky man
    flyingdutchman177 likes this.
  10. GregDavidL

GregDavidL Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ^^^ Yes you are. Very lucky indeed.

But it probably works both ways. Patty is lucky to have you.
    MrKiwi likes this.
  11. Pdrhound

Oddometer:
    did i miss posts about the bike mysteriously transporting itself from florida to Europe? I believe it is plated in California??? seems like years ago!

PS
    And tell patty we all say hi
  12. Lopburi

Lopburi Lost in paradise

Oddometer:
    The bike learned how to float while it was in storage in Florida. Plenty more to discover in Europe once I finish toping up the bank account.

Patty says hi back to you all and wants to let you know she’s still trying to get “the shot”.

Her rice in Northern Thailand
    1BA805F7-533F-4746-9381-CB435125A9C8.jpeg

And the beans
    3D9021EF-39F2-4B23-89CE-24E9683A472E.jpeg
    elron, MrKiwi and GregDavidL like this.
  13. MrKiwi

Oddometer:
    And that wall?
  14. Lopburi

Lopburi Lost in paradise

Oddometer:
    The wall is relaxing while I’m away. The dirt needs to settle through the rainy season before we build on it which gives me time to figure out what to do. Or plan a bike trip?
    Pdrhound, B10Dave and MrKiwi like this.
  15. Lopburi

Lopburi Lost in paradise

Oddometer:
    Current time update:

I’m down under. Trying to make money to pay for Patty’s Great Wall of Thailand. My friend Paul comes to me last Monday and says “we are going for breakfast on Sunday. Norm says you can ride his XR”. Umm, ok. I have a XR400 and I haven’t been on a bike for months. The XR400 is not something I would take for breakfast but it sounds like fun. Paul and Norm are both mid 60’s. Not the type you’d expect to be riding dirt bikes.

05:55am Norm picks me up in his car and takes me to his place. He gives me a helmet, jacket and pair of gloves and says follow me, I’ll go slow. Ok.

We burn the 20km through Kalandra? park on the way to Paul’s house. No pictures because I was trying to keep up to Norm.

Paul was grinning from ear to ear when we arrived.

Norm’s XR was not what I expected (XR1200X)
    075FC323-7D22-4AB4-BC1C-60BED12A63CC.jpeg

Attached Files:

rubline, xr-nut, roadcapDen and 3 others like this.
  16. Lopburi

Lopburi Lost in paradise

Oddometer:
    We burned off a quick 100km then stopped for breakfast. I’m not really into Harley’s but I have to say the XR1200 is way fun.

0468FD4C-4215-4BD5-8288-733815C6CCB3.jpeg

I met Paul and Norm 12 years ago working in Papua New Guinea. Super nice guys. Over breakfast Norm explained what a pain in the ass it is to have a hart bypass.

After breakfast we headed back to Paul’s place. The coffee kicked in and I had a hard time keeping up to the two old guys.

I need to find a clock like this
    4134C8F8-EAD4-4E73-BE54-81E0E6ED1191.jpeg
  17. Lopburi

Lopburi Lost in paradise

Oddometer:
    I sent Patty a few pictures of my breakfast run. She sent me two pictures back...

She’s renewed the registration and insurance on my Tiger while I’ve been away
    A196E543-1393-4EE2-AEF7-CDA4DA675FA1.jpeg

And this
    0B768EDA-A2D6-49CE-9ACC-ACD87A5DCB6A.jpeg

I think she’s trying to tell me something?

Laos? I need to complete my three failed attempts to get as far north in Laos as I can. I’m pretty sure that’s what she’s on about
  18. MrKiwi

Oddometer:
    ha ha ha. Run with that, that sounds like the beginning of a good plan...
  19. roadcapDen

roadcapDen Ass, Grass or Gas, no free rides.

Oddometer:
    Whoa, Two XR1200X's, nice!!!
  20. flyingdutchman177

flyingdutchman177 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    With a little bit of luck (i.e. money), I should be in Thailand by the end of January. And I hope to spend a month exploring Laos as well. I hope to see you and Patty then.
    JHpowderhound likes this.