Best day of my life

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Lopburi, Apr 27, 2018.

1. arthrodoc

arthrodoc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a good excuse for a Christmas ride ... not that you need one, though.

Thoroughly enjoying your ongoing saga.
  2. Lopburi

Lopburi Lost in paradise

Oddometer:
    Patty says happy new year everyone from Northern Thailand
    C0DAE90F-7B44-43D0-8C09-D91AD24B7966.jpeg
    yamalama, shuswap1, elron and 13 others like this.
  3. Francistor83

Francistor83 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Coming from Ed and Rad adventures, no wonder why I love your RR. Happy new year to both of you.
  4. OR_Rider

OR_Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you get a chance, Nan Seasons Boutique Resort in Nan is fantastic, great food and lots of flowers for Patty!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Lopburi

Lopburi Lost in paradise

Oddometer:
    I’m not sure when but eventually Patty will get upset with me. Or we need another road trip?
    5C595F70-6AAE-413F-A3CA-62DA28CB391A.jpeg
    elron, Diddly, rubline and 11 others like this.
  6. Gestalt

Gestalt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking forwar to reading you next
  7. Francistor83

Francistor83 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Likewise!
  8. cafe that

cafe that Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just read through this entire report. Fantastic! Has me excited for my trip to Japan. Thailand is has been on the list and moved up the list a few spots due to your report! Keep the updates coming!
    MrKiwi likes this.
  9. Seth S

Seth S Will _____ for _____

Oddometer:
    I think this is not unique to Thai women but can be applied to all in that region. My fiance is Vietnamese and they eat tons of food and never get fat. I am twice her weight and I eat a fraction of the amount of food :)
    Lopburi and Francistor83 like this.
  10. Schmokel

Schmokel Key to Happiness: Low Expectations

Oddometer:
    You get an strange looks or comments from folks when you travel in those parts? I'm trying to imagine what looks a guy like myself, 6'4" wearing logger boots and a cowboy hat would get.

Neat story you have. Over the course of ten or so years, there are a handful of customers that have met an SO overseas in these parts and wish they had done so sooner.
  11. GregDavidL

GregDavidL Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't think people will look at you twice.
  12. Lopburi

Lopburi Lost in paradise

Oddometer:
    Part of traveling in a foreign country like Asia or Africa is you get stared at all the time. You get used to it over time. Most people in Thailand are just curious. Sometimes the older people will come up to you and ask where your from and where your going to. Most of the time it involves laughter and often they tell you interesting areas to see when they know where your headed to. I’ve never had any negative comments in all my time in Thailand.

6’4” with a cowboy hat... all the girls are gonna want a selfie with you. Go for it!
    td63 and Francistor83 like this.
  13. Schmokel

Schmokel Key to Happiness: Low Expectations

Oddometer:
    That's awesome.

We had a local hear meet a...Thai? Or Filipino woman. He's moving there in a month or so. He told us that when he went into town, she had to hold hands with him otherwise the other woman would think he's single and try to "get" him.

That's so cool though. What a switch from here in the states. It'd be so weird moving to somewhere that I didn't have to worry about shoveling snow. :lol2

That's really neat. I flipped through a few pages here, but I'll go back and do a reread. Neat stuff. :-)
  14. TakSD

TakSD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great RR! You do some envious exploring / adventuring!!!
    And hats off to you both, you seem like really genuine people! Have fun!
  15. Gestalt

Gestalt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Trying to arrange time off this year, works not going all that well but one way or another I have to take the wife to Chiang Mai area for a few days. Lopburi anywhere you would recommend, some resort, she deserves something, nice give the year we have had, heck we both do ?
  16. Lopburi

Lopburi Lost in paradise

Oddometer:
    Hi Gestalt,

I’m probably a bad choice to ask for accomodation recommendations as I generally look the night before or just rock up and take what I can find. I generally only go into Chiang Mai to get something or meet someone flying in for a bike trip. We generally stay in the center near the bars/restaurants/bike rental places (=big city busy) and only stay long enough to organize then get out of the city. I’m sure there are nice resorts in Chiang Mai or not far out. Maybe do a search on gt-rider forum for current info. The new owner of riders corner seems friendly and helpful as well. I don’t remember his forum name but you can search it. I know there are others on here that could give better advice. If your riding a bike this trip I can suggest some roads.
    Francistor83 likes this.
  17. blkfd3s

blkfd3s Flowing

Oddometer:
    It was a absolute pleasure reading your guys adventures. Just wanted to say thank you for sharing
    Lopburi likes this.
  18. Gestalt

Gestalt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lopburi understood and thanks for the reply, I will do some ground work. Hope to maybe come see you if you are around when I get it organized.
  19. Lopburi

Lopburi Lost in paradise

Oddometer:
    Send me a pm when you have a plan. Hopefully we can meet. My work schedule seems to become more everyday. When I quit my job two years ago I planed to relax for 6-12 months then look for work. It feels like I’ve been flat out for the past two years. I need to make more time for riding...
  20. pro69ss

pro69ss Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome read ! Couldn’t stop reading till the end and can’t wait for the next ! Great job