1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Best LED Aux Driving Lights (at a reasonable price)?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by JimVonBaden, Dec 15, 2012.

1. lacofdfireman

lacofdfireman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    What did you use for mounts? These Vision X lights you linked to on EBay don’t look like they are setup to mount on a crash bar. They look more like they would be setup on a bumper or something different than a motorcycle

You have any pics of what you used for mounts and how and where you mounted them. Thx. I’m interested in these. Was going to try the ADVMonster lights but these might be a better deal if I can get a proper crash bar mount for them.
  2. draco_1967

draco_1967 Spoon!

Oddometer:
    That kit comes with a set of lights with the standard bracket, and brackets and connectors to mount as foglights on a Jeep.
    Here is what the lights look like:
    [​IMG]
    Baroquenride likes this.
  3. lacofdfireman

Oddometer:
    The bummer thing is this BMW has a specific light mount as seen in this photo or you can use a clamp type mount. Don’t think that Vision X mount will work. But would love the lights.

IMG_8167.JPG IMG_8166.JPG
  4. draco_1967

draco_1967 Spoon!

Oddometer:
  5. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just buy a pair of these from Twisted Throttle for super cheap:
    [​IMG]
    ontrip likes this.
  6. lacofdfireman

Oddometer:
    Jim, I looked for that mount at twisted but didn’t see it. Is it specific for a Clearwater? Also did you wire that into the OEM Bmw wiring harness for the fog lights so you can use the handlebar switch that activates the fogs? Or Did you do some sort of dimmer switch? Thx
  7. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Contact Clearwater Lights and as for the B40 hardware bag:
    As far as lighting types, it depends on the bike and what lights. Clearwater has a plug and play light kit for your bike that needs no switches. If you want to use the stock wires, it is possible, but you will have to splice the wiring to get them to work.
    upload_2020-3-14_19-56-57.gif upload_2020-3-14_19-56-57.gif
  8. 603Granite

603Granite Adventurer

Oddometer:
    1F52A7A2-2082-4642-BAC1-5255EF445D3A.jpeg I installed a pair of Cycleops Aurora2 19w Aux lights on my KLR650 yesterday. They’re mounted to a JNS Fork bracket.

Very happy with the build quality of the lights and the light pattern/brightness.

View attachment 2203603
    Mumbles24 likes this.
  9. itsmesteve

itsmesteve Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone else been running the Gold Runway GR50 for a while and having problems?
    I've had mine about a year and now they are running on low power and flickering. The mode switch does nothing.
    I contacted the seller ,at first they feigned a little interest but now have stopped answering messages.
    I hoped to replace the driver circuit thinking that would be the problem,but they don't stock them as the new model has the driver incorporated into the lamp head.
  10. Mumbles24

Mumbles24 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Really pleased with my Aurora2. Crazy bright white with a great amber halo. Easy wiring, great harness and illuminates wonderfully.
  11. FunkyMad

FunkyMad Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have the knockoff of these lights and it's amazing. Pretty sure it was in the +-40$ range for one so both for $120 is awesome if they're real ones. How do you like them so far?
  12. draco_1967

draco_1967 Spoon!

Oddometer:
    They have been great. I have about 6k miles with them on one bike, and another 7k on the current bike. I picked up some amber "euro" beam covers from VisionX, and they do a good job of spreading the light out and making a more flat beam.