Best Map/source?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by barko1, Feb 28, 2005.

1. barko1

barko1 barko1

Oddometer:
    I'm planning to ride from New Mex to Buffalo NY for a meeting and then head North or Northeast, and eventually return through the Black Hills and Rockies. I haven't decided if I have enough time to head to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland or just cruise around in Ontario. I need to lookat get some good maps, any suggestions?
  2. Deuce

Deuce Crazy Canuck

Oddometer:
    Vancouver Island, Bitchin' Columbia, Canada
    try your local AAA
  3. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Online you can look at any Garmin product on their website, including the topo. For just looking around that'd be the ticket.
  4. barko1

barko1 barko1

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I got some from MapArt Publishing for $5 a pop, there is a lot of space without any roads! Think I'll be staying in Que & Ont this trip. Any must sees?
  5. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Depends on what you're into. Niagara Falls is good to see once in your life, but that's about it. Montreal, you gotta spend a thursday and friday night there. Tons of fun, lots of great things to do there. Ottawa is a nice clean place, good for a drive by. See if you can hit the prime minister on the way thru for me. :evil

Otherwise, good riding to be had in the haliburton and Calabogie areas of Ontarion, and the Laurentians north of Montreal.