Best motorcycle shipping companies

Discussion in 'Americas' started by pike, Jul 27, 2012.

1. pike

pike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lookin to ship a motorcycle from cincinnati to NC. What's a good company to use? Thanks
  2. Rogue_Ryder

Rogue_Ryder

Oddometer:
    Forward Air

Only company I've ever used but it was easy and cheap.
  3. dickosaurus

dickosaurus Geezer Coalition Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've used these guys http://www.wolverinetransport.com/front.php and had as good of luck as you can possibly have. Can't say enough good about them. I bought a bike from another inmate who recommended them and came away pleased.
  4. TipsyMcStagger

TipsyMcStagger Long timer

Oddometer:
  5. Sox Fan

Sox Fan SoxFan

Oddometer:
    Only did it once but it was just earlier this year. Used Keyboard Carriage - I believe they only ship motorcycles and pianos. Seemed to be a quality outfit with specialized equipment. I would recommend them.
  6. Adam E

Adam E halfway there Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1
    Reasonable, fast, looks like they took extreme measure to keep the bike safely secured.
  7. Bun-bun

Bun-bun Long timer

Oddometer:
    +2
  8. falconati

falconati baller

Oddometer:
    I've gone through ShippingMasters twice in two years. They also have payment and title transfer services (helps if you're buying a bike from somebody you don't know). Currently have a bike in transit with them, so I'll let you know how it goes. First transaction had a great price and was easy to use.
  9. pike

pike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks!
  10. oldhippie1

oldhippie1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I used GT Motors a couple weeks ago. They were fast, polite and the bike arrived clean. They were also the cheapest.
  11. jdbalt

jdbalt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought my 2010 GS from Honz in St Louis. Great guy. Just fantastic. He liked Federal shippers. www.funtransport.com I was quite pleased with them. It was in February. It took a few weeks to get the bike. They kind of set up the transport (truck) to hop through locations, so it takes a while. My bike actually sat in Chicago a week. It cost roughly $650 ish to go from St Louis to Baltimore.

Montana to south Florida. You are probably looking at roughly $800 ish and a couple of months whatever you do. I just did a quick quote on Uhaul and it was $1200. If you ship it, you will not have to be there. Uhaul+flight. I doubt you can do it for less than 1000.