Best of the dull competitors?

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by Woodsparrow, Aug 5, 2019.

1. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    All joking aside, these Wolverine Goretex logger boots work great if you need a little more reach to the ground. Better than lowering the bike, which leads to a less plush ride.

image_44329.jpg
  2. Woodsparrow

Woodsparrow Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll be wearing my actual bike boots, which have a lower overall sole and heel. So I'll make it work for a while, but honestly will probably look into lowering it 1/2 to 1 full inch. I'm not really that concerned with ride since I just do highway and street stuff.
  3. twinrider

Oddometer:
    I've got a short 30" inseam but like tall adv bikes in part because they give me lots of legroom, which is easier on my beat up knees. For commuting and around town I find it's pretty easy to get by with just one foot flat on the ground, or the balls of both feet.
  4. Woodsparrow

Woodsparrow Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Similar inseam here, 30-31. I planned to ride it as-is for a while and see if I get used to it, really.

Edit: Actually I may just swap the current 'comfort saddle' on it for the Suzuki low. 2CM (3/4") is probably enough for me.
  5. twinrider

Oddometer:
    If that's a Russell Daylong, you can sell it for a good price. They're custom made and expensive.
  6. Woodsparrow

Woodsparrow Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A quick google says it very well may be. I'll try emailing them.