1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Route From Virginia to Denver?

Discussion in 'Americas' started by dukethedog, Feb 2, 2008.

1. dukethedog

dukethedog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any advice? I am taking my new GSA out to Denver and have four days to get there.
  2. widebmw

widebmw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I like US-36. You can pick it up in Ohio and take it to just east of Denver.
  3. Starbuck

Starbuck Adventurer

Oddometer:
    When are you heading west.... Four of us are going to Denver the first week of August. We will be doing it in 2 days and then spending the next 6 days touring the state. We will be using hway 36 too. Let me know if you want to join.
    I ride a R12GSA too...
  4. dukethedog

dukethedog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We are taking the bikes out in mid-June, leaving them at my sister's, and then flying out Aug. 1st for 10 days or so around the state. We are ending the trip at West Fest in Lake City. I will keep your post around and fire you a message when it gets close to see if we can meet up while out there. Our general route will be from Denver to Buena Vista, over some passes towards Aspen, then Telluride, around to Leadville and over to Lake City. Trying to plan LOTS of dirt.
    Found a great book, by the way, that provides lots of routes with great detail on difficulty etc.
    Here is the link for amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/Guide-Colorado-Backroads-4-Wheel-Trails/dp/096649766X/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_b