Best Vanvouver area and lower BC rides

Discussion in 'Canada' started by vince82, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Effisland

Effisland Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow! good recovery! By now you should be an old pro ;)
  2. shuswap1

shuswap1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Glad you weren't hurt, bit a newb mistake ..... but I've made many of those, still do.....even after riding 50 years. Looks like you only slid a foot or two. My last low-side slide was more than 70 feet! That's a fun road!
    vince82 and Effisland like this.
  3. vince82

vince82 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Done Kamloops to Merritt via 5A, then down to Princeton and back to Hope via Manning Park. Scenic, very nice, but to have fun there you have to take the few twisties at over 120km/h.. I think I downshifted into 5th just a handful of times, the rest of the road is all 6th gear..

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Steve G. likes this.
  4. CCitis

CCitis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a nice route. I think perhaps our adrenaline needs and our bikes are different. On my bike 120kmh starts to feel like the beginning of warp speed, but that's what you get with a 35 year old motorcycle. Its a different kind of fun. I left New West yesterday, did highway 7 to Harrison, up to Agassiz down south to Chilliwack, back roads to White rock and home. I enjoy that little circle. It's about 270kms around. Rubber Side down, shiny side up... See you out there.
    vince82 likes this.
  5. zeegman

zeegman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Local BC Adventure Riders - looking for local info On Cache Creek, Conwall Hills lookout, Blue Earth Park, West Fraser, Molybdenum Peak, Spences Bridge areas[​IMG]

We have a nice little off-road route planned for late August on bigger adventure bikes with camp gear.
    Cache Creek to Conwall Hills Lookout
    Then Oregon Jack Road to Upper Hat Creek Road 2 Blue Earth Campground
    From Upper Hat Creek South West to Hwy 12
    Or Blue Earth Campground
    Blue Earth Campground South East on Twaal Creek road to Doc Road to Spences Creek

Then Hwy 12 to Lilooet for Gas.
    Then West Frazer South on Spencer Road
    Texas Creek road in to Molybdenum Peak and back out to Spencer Road
    South On Spencer Road to Lytton Ferry across to Lytton.

Wonder if anybody has been on any of these routes lately and has any info on conditions.

Thanks,
    Mike Z
  6. shuswap1

Oddometer:
    The Moly lake/Peak trail had one or two short challenging sections, last summer, just so you know enough not to be too discouraged and might need a hand getting large bikes past those sections. They are short, FWIW. Texas Creek Rd. is a hoot!
    It's Cornwall hills, for the record and here is a link to active webcams not too far away from the area:
    http://visiwisp.lyttonnet.com/app/camcon.php
    Lots of smoke around right now but the forecast is for wind and change.
  7. zeegman

zeegman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the great info - looking forward to it.
    Hopefully smoke clears before then
  8. Allrpm

Allrpm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Texas Creek FSR (Not Texas creek RD) has a huge wash out. As of a month ago it was a no go. Spencer road turns into Texas Creek rd and is a nice ride from Boston Bar all the way up and was clear. PM me for details if you like.
    IMG_3969.JPG
    Could barely walk on this stuff it is steep as well, at the top of the picture the area is really bad. An EXC 350 sure! It is only 6 or 7 kms off of Texas Creek rd. so take a look it might be fixed.

RPM
  9. shuswap1

Oddometer:
    Think I've seen a washout in that location, (or nearby) in 2016. It had been repaired last year, hopefully they'll spruce it up this year too, nice fun road, but the main road is a blast also and well worth the trip from Boston Bar to Lillooet. Thanks for the update.
  10. 1bigrn

1bigrn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    People of Vancouver,
    I have a buddy riding my Vstrom from London Ontario to Vancouver and he will be getting into town approximately the 2nd or third week of September.
    I'm looking to have the bike stored for a month or two in Vancouver, then I am hoping to fly out there and continue the journey to Los Angelas.
    If anyone is reasonably close to the Vancouver airport and would be willing to store my bike for a reasonable fee it would be appreciated.
    Hoping to hear from someone soon!
    Thanks,
    Andrew
  11. vince82

vince82 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So I finally tried D'Arcy and yep, great road!
    Up to Whistler is boring but at least is not as straight as coming back from Hope,and the bit after Whistler, particularly Pemberton to D'Arcy, is really nice and twisty! :)
    yamalama likes this.
  12. squonker

squonker Stupid is the new norm

Oddometer:
    Yes it is! You can then carry on past D'Arcy on the Highline Road above Anderson Lake and come out in Seton Portage and do a loop into Lillooet, taking the Duffy back down to Mount Currie (which is only a few kms from Pemberton - you would have ridden right pat the turn). The road from Lillooet to Goldbridge and Bralorne is worth checking out, too. I plan to be out that way next week if the fires don't prevent me.
  13. vince82

vince82 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice. Can I do that on road tires?

14. vince82

vince82 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Today I just went back the way I came, needed to be back in reasonable time (reasonable to my wife )

15. squonker

squonker Stupid is the new norm

Oddometer:
    Not the Highline, no
  16. Deuce

Deuce Crazy Canuck

Oddometer:
    Vancouver Island, Bitchin' Columbia, Canada
    About 2 years ago the Missus and I were doing the Highline in our Jeep Rubicon. This was late fall, pouring rain, dark skies. Come around one corner and what do we see. A friggin Tesla S!! He was crawling along trying to make it to Seton Portage. Aren't GPS's great? :D

:1drink
    squonker, shuswap1 and vince82 like this.
  17. shuswap1

Oddometer:
    Not sure what you are riding but my very cautious wife road the Highline westbound on her F700GS with street tires, no issues other than care had to be exercised at the west end when heading downhill due to little drop-offs that might cause a bottoming out if you don't pay attention. Really, no big deal at all....but I should add this was 2 years back. Not sure why someone would advise against street tires, unless something has changed?
    The road and scenery is great!
  18. vince82

vince82 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I guess next time I'll try it and if it gets too tough I'll go back..
    Once on the other side of the lake does the tarmac resume?

19. shuswap1

Oddometer:
    West end of the Highline terminates in D'Arcy, pavement from there on, through Birken, etc. At least it was when we did this ride 2 years back. Fun pavement, too! I don't know what you're riding? Also, take a map of some kind, the streets can be a bit confusing.
  20. vince82

vince82 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got offline Google maps and Calimoto.. I meant if Seton Portage to Lilloet is paved? I already got to D'Arcy from Birken and it's lovely.
    I'm on a Tracer 900