BETA 2-Stroke Thread. 250RR, 300RR, X-Trainer

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by ToriMish, Feb 4, 2017.

1. CDN Rick

CDN Rick Canoodia Eh?

Oddometer:
    Supposedly this issue is fixed on the 2022 models. The stanchions are a new part number and they are a much tougher anodizing. Hope they’re right. Beta’s been pretty good about listening to customers in the past. It’d be nice to see them put this behind themselves.
    NoelJ and mode12 like this.
  2. CDN Rick

CDN Rick Canoodia Eh?

Oddometer:
    Some riders have experienced a very premature wearing of the anodized coating on the ZF fork stanchions. Beta’s been very good about replacing them. It’s definitely a known issue but doesn’t affect all bikes it seems. Usually you’d have to open the fork up and inspect the internals to catch it. Frequent oil changes seems to keep it at bay. But not everyone wants to replace fork oil every 15 hours.
    NoelJ, mode12 and BobcatSig like this.
  3. BobcatSig

BobcatSig Fresh Off The Couch Racing

Oddometer:
    I know it was an issue with the older, red fork tubes, and even some of the Marzocchi units. I seem to remember far less issues with as old as the 2017 bikes. Maybe in 2018?
  4. BobcatSig

Oddometer:
    Makes sense. The suspension for the 390 went off to Evo yesterday for a rally bike build, so I'll know either way.

15-hour fork oil changes aren't my jam and not why I buy Beta, so I hope the bikes I own aren't subject to that. Good to know that Beta is standing behind these issues, should I be subject to a failure.
  5. CDN Rick

CDN Rick Canoodia Eh?

Oddometer:
    2019 saw a new fork for the bikes.

Internally, Sachs/ZF is changing their labeling of components. As of 2019 the ZF logo started to appear on Beta’s with “Sachs” underneath it. As of 2022 the word Sachs will be removed and only the ZF name will be used. It’s essentially the same as the 2019+ bikes but with a name change.

Those 2019+ forks did suffer from some very early and very excessive wear. It looks like that’s been fixed for 2022 though. Which is great news. It means Beta still listens to it’s riders.
    mode12 likes this.
  6. mode12

mode12 frageelay Supporter

Oddometer:
    I hope those black ZF tubes last forever...good to know Beta will stand behind a whole other companies problem.

I've got 80+ on these goldish/silver RE tubes now...no issue so far. I put new bushings/oil in every 15-20 hrs on them now.
    I haven't had a shock long enough to need to service yet. I bought into the @CDN Rick new every 2 philosophy.

I really wanted a 4t Beta this year, but couldn't bring myself to buy one. I went with a KTM 250 4t. We'll see what a shit show that will end up being.
    CDN Rick and Mow-ree like this.
  7. CDN Rick

CDN Rick Canoodia Eh?

Oddometer:
    I’m just hoping they drop the ZF rear on the race editions and go full KYB. The new RX motocross line will be Kayaba front and rear. Fingers crossed that happens to the race enduro bikes as well! I’ve already got a 2022 250Race Edition on order to replace this 2020 I’m on right now.
    It’s not an bad shock, but sometimes I miss the suspension from my old Spanish GasGas.
    North ride and mode12 like this.
  8. BobcatSig

Oddometer:
    Best of luck with the WP jiggle-poof forks. :D
    CDN Rick and mode12 like this.
  9. mode12

Oddometer:
    haha.
    i have the AERs...maybe just a "poof", not as much jiggle.
    BobcatSig likes this.
  10. BobcatSig

Oddometer:
    Ahhh, those seem to be a bit better. Of course, every rider with those thinks they are a pro, so they all seem to need work? I dunno. Still, it seems like a better foundation than the early Xplor 48 fork.
    mode12 likes this.
  11. mode12

Oddometer:
    i only have 5 hours on the bike (2021 250xcf), so i can't really comment too much. After the 30 minutes, i said to my riding buddies, "i made a twelve thousand dollar mistake".

Took it out last weekend for more open, flowy trails, and said "i can sell the Beta 300"...so who knows. I wanted to try a 4T. it's like a harley in the woods. everybody hears you coming.
    BobcatSig likes this.
  12. NoelJ

NoelJ Long timer

Oddometer:
    On the question of Beta customer service: Unrelated to the 2T models, my 2017 390RR-S always struggled to maintain decent voltage. I asked Beta USA if the harness solution for later models was available for mine, and got a free, new-design, complete harness from the FedEx man three days later. That and an RMX 450 reg/rec and it pumps out 14.4 Volts.

What do you suppose KTM would do? LOLOLOLOL. I love my Austrian bikes, but "customer-oriented" they are not. Beta sets a high standard.
    BobcatSig and mode12 like this.
  13. mode12

Oddometer:
    100% true statement.

Beta is fantastic. When I email, I get a response from Tim. If I ask him to call me, he calls me.

Heck even my dealer is fantastic. He pulled a radiator off a show room floor bike, packed it in a box, drove it to FedEx after hours and had it overnighted to me in Moab, from Wisconsin.
    North ride likes this.
  14. Rob578

Rob578 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I already know what you're thinking....... big bore 300?
    NoelJ likes this.
  15. Topher749

Topher749 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can someone with an XTrainer tell me the inside diameter of the rear axle as well as the overall length. I have a pitbull trailer restraint and an extra set of pins that slide into the rear axle for a ducati. I was wondering if they would fit the xt. If not I have a friend that could turn them down for me. I'd like to have them for when I go pick up my XT when it arrives.

Thanks!
    Toph
  16. pmlsfo

pmlsfo Mr

Oddometer:
    I've got a 40mm billet smartcarb for sale 575 delivered
  17. NorskieRider

NorskieRider Ultracrepidarian

Oddometer:
    12.5mm ID and 270mm long on my '21
  18. 2-650'S

2-650'S Single track seeker

Oddometer:
    How many of you have had problems with the speedometer not working. It’s a 2021 Xtrainer. Sorry it powers up but the speedometer cable won’t stay plugged in to the computer. Bike is 3 weeks old. POS!
  19. NorskieRider

NorskieRider Ultracrepidarian

Oddometer:
    I initially had an issue with it, the connector wasn't seating the wire properly. But then I pushed it in all the way and no problems since.

Well ok two problems: the wrong turn signal turns on (I'll fix after warranty is up, as I have to hack the wires) and when pushing the buttons to see ODO1 I keep changing them to KM.

It's made by Italians, what did Iexpect? :dunno
    mode12 likes this.
  20. Rob578

Rob578 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    If they can't make the speedo work no telling what else is wrong with it, the wheels may fly off of it the first set of whoops you hit.

Wanna sell that POS???
    BobcatSig and mode12 like this.