BETA 2-Stroke Thread. 250RR, 300RR, X-Trainer

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by ToriMish, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Wonger20

Wonger20 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
  2. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ktm has the radius cx in it and only one I have ever tried but works great.Friend has the core and it also works good.
    Wonger20 likes this.
  3. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think they are trying to beat ktm.I figure when I get a SC seat I can use the stocker as a sledge hammer.Crazy market right now,I went to order a tubless kit and can't find a 18" anywhere.I went to order a ibex rear tire and no go there either so went with my other favorite the 525 cheater which chaparral had on stock through Amazon.I will swap out my almost new golden tyre fatty front off my ktm before I flip it to save a few bucks.It is crazy how much stuff is unavailable right now.I got a younger friend(30) riding hard offroad with me on a kdx 200 I sold him 2 years ago.We will hopefully be making a road trip soon to pick him up a nice 2020 beta 200 this week.My local dealer has no bikes left as the shipment that just came in were all sold months ago.When he showed me one that came up for sale in Minnesota with a bunch of nice add ons I said grab that sucker.He is only about 150 lbs so that bike should really scoot with him on it.
    Rob578 and Big Tall Bastard like this.
  4. Rob578

Rob578 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cheater
  5. shortman

shortman Beta 500 RS, X-Trainer 250 Supporter

Oddometer:
    We can’t all be blessed with a 6 foot 2 stature like you my friend and that auto clutch is pure gold IMOP on tough hill climbs for a short guy!
    Cuttlefish and Rob578 like this.
  6. Rob578

Oddometer:
    Good thing you have it so you can come back down help drag my sorry ass up!!
  7. gmk999

gmk999 ____ as a Rotax

Oddometer:
    It ain't cheating if you are not competitive anyway. I'd put one on my 200 fo sure
  8. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Screenshot_20210623-033849.png 14 hour round trip to Minneapolis and back to u.p and my friend has his prize.I drove there and he drove back even though he has not driven a stick shift much.Bike is very tricked out with amp shock and other goodies.
    Scoutin Wyo, gmk999, STRich and 2 others like this.
  9. gmk999

gmk999 ____ as a Rotax

Oddometer:
    Anyone know the axle size on the 21 200rr? I want to get a no pinch tool but can't find the info.. I have to buy the set anyway as all of my bikes are different , but I want to make sure the set fits the beta too
  10. gots_a_sol

gots_a_sol Long timer

Oddometer:
    Entered an 8 hour race as an Ironman. Race started at 6pm and ran until 2 am.

[​IMG]

I had this beefy Baja Designs I yanked off my old truck when I sold it so figured why not? I had been using the Rigid Industries light before but the leds have a blue tint to them I don't care for.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The light was amazing. For about an hour. Then I stalled the bike and it wouldn't crank over (kicked right up though). Turns out this bar pulls more power than the Beta can maintain. So I'd get about 30 mins of light then have to cut it off for 10-15 for the battery to recover.

And to make things even more fun, my main helmet light (a BD S1 spot) battery was drained at about 1230. I hadn't done this much consecutive riding in the dark to even realize I'd drain it. Oops. Didn't have my spare with me so that pretty well ended my race. I stuck it on the charger for 30 mins and managed to click in one more lap before the checkers. I run a back up $20 light with its own little battery so at least I wasn't stuck in the woods with nothing but it was like using match compared to the small sun BD sticks in their lights :lol3

Ended up running 9 laps (7.5 mile course). Was hoping for 10 at least. Top Ironman did 19 laps and the overall winning team had only done 20.

Edit, found some pics

[​IMG]

This pic must have been near the very end when I was using my back up helmet light. So sad in comparison lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Scoutin Wyo, Bitingdog, swamp and 4 others like this.
  11. swamp

swamp Shut up. Ride.

Oddometer:
    nice. where was the race at?
  12. gots_a_sol

gots_a_sol Long timer

Oddometer:
    Westernport, MD.

I was hoping to enter this 24 hour race in NY this weekend but couldn't get a team together and they didn't have any Ironman spots open.
  13. mylsmkj

mylsmkj Long timer

Oddometer:

My first impressions. I’m almost to 100 hours. Might need to turn it to HD. This is just riding and talking randomly.
  14. Rob578

Oddometer:
    I don't know if you recorded two audio tracks or not but your audio is difficult to hear even with headphones. For some reason it seems like YT wants to equalize the audio.
  15. mylsmkj

mylsmkj Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oops, doesn’t sound like that on the original.
  16. Rob578

Oddometer:
    Sometimes I end up having to remix mine, I usually upload to private and check to make sure they are ok.
    Topher749 and mylsmkj like this.
  17. CRW

CRW I dont want a pickle

Oddometer:
    Hey y'all, So had a strange noise happen yesterday while riding. 2016 300RR around 500 miles on the clock. Mostly stock aside from recluse clutch. Was the first time out for a real ride since shoulder surgery last fall. Bike has been ran weekly with no issues. About 30 miles in to the ride mostly single track, was just cruising down a transfer to the next trail at 2nd or 3rd gear 15-20 mph. There was a very audible chirp/bark/squeal then the bike died. I hit the starter button and it re started. I shut the bike down and did some visual inspection. Then a buddy rolls up and asks whats up. Started bike and reved it a few times in neutral. It happed again with another set of ears. I decided to coast downhill as far as possible then re assess the situation. I ended up riding out with out any other incident 5-6 miles. I thought it may be recluse clutch related but I spoke with them this morning and they said that its not clutch related because it happen a second time in neutral(that make sense to me). My riding buddy said it sounded like the starter was catching some how. Have yet to take anything part. Open to hear some thoughts. I know this is a shot in the dark.........

Cheers!
  18. shortman

shortman Beta 500 RS, X-Trainer 250 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Possible main bearing issue... Not sure when the "issues" actually started but I own a 17 X-Trainer and mine had to have main bearings.
  19. 75bronco

75bronco Long timer

Oddometer:
    That happened to mine! Its a main bearing thats getting to seize. Take it to shop pronto. Mine was replaced under warranty.
  20. Rob578

Oddometer:
    Main Bearing would be my guess also.