BETA 2-Stroke Thread. 250RR, 300RR, X-Trainer

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by ToriMish, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Rob578

Rob578 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    FYI
    KTM World @Highland Park took a 2021 200 RR race in on a trade yesterday. The bike had less than 3 hours and 47 miles on it. Tits were still on the rear tire.
    No idea what Paul is asking for it.
    I.P. Freely and Bitingdog like this.
  2. Bitingdog

Bitingdog That's not my dog

Oddometer:
    Damn, if that was on my side of the wall...

Sweet bike
  3. I.P. Freely

I.P. Freely Ragin Cajun

Oddometer:
    Less than 3 hours? Hmmmm :eek7
  4. Rob578

Oddometer:
    Brand new....... it was getting a lot of interest Sat afternoon
  5. I.P. Freely

I.P. Freely Ragin Cajun

Oddometer:
    I want an Xtrainer, but if the price is right, I might jump on it. Also nice that’s it not far away from where I live.
  6. CRW

CRW I dont want a pickle

Oddometer:
    I thought te same and ended up with a 300RR
    I couldn’t be happier. The 200 is probably a blast!
  7. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Went riding on some local singletrack with a friend riding his 200rr.Was going great till I tagged a tree with exaust.I flexed the exaust back and pinched the hose on the water pump and put a small hole in it.The leak was slow enough that I was able to use the water out of our Camelback,s to get back to truck.I cut 3/4" off the hose and slide it back on so I can keep riding this week till I get a new hose. IMG_20210830_115544301.jpg IMG_20210830_115529951.jpg
  8. St.AndrewsRider

St.AndrewsRider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey everyone. Kind of a lurker on here. I ordered a 21 x-trainer few weeks back and expect to see it pretty soon. Chose this bike because I'm looking to do more tight technical woods rides and I've got a bit of trials background so the x-trainer seems like an appropriate choice. Plus I'm short..

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for must have mods to the bike to get it setup when it arrives? Couple things I had in mind were new SC seat, bark busters, wide pegs, add kicker and appropriate clutch cover, fmf silencer.. tires

Thanks
    Bitingdog and Bucho like this.
  9. BobcatSig

BobcatSig Fresh Off The Couch Racing

Oddometer:
    The seat is necessary only if you sit all the time. Though as a trials rider, you know that the bike works best standing. I opted to not pick a new seat for my 300 for that reason.

I'd wait on the wide pegs. I usually go that route but found it unnecessary on my 300. And no need for a kicker; you'll have bigger problems if you find you need the kicker. Of all the hours and miles I put on my KTM and both Betas, I've needed the kicker never.
    Junglejeff1 and St.AndrewsRider like this.
  10. St.AndrewsRider

Oddometer:
    Hey thanks. So what do or don't you like about your 300? There's a seat concepts design i saw on someone's 2017 beta with a chart pocket near the tank that I really liked, but anyway. Guess you have a good point about the kicker - been riding a Husaberg without one for 10 years with no problems.
  11. Rob578

Oddometer:
    Tubeliss front/rear and correct springs for starters
    NoelJ, Bucho and justBert like this.
  12. Bucho

Bucho DAMNrider

Oddometer:
    The starter does work really well. As long as you mind your battery it will be fine.

I did buy one for my bike. Ive never replaced the battery nor do I ever charge it. I have to kick it when I first start bike. After that the button works fine all day.
  13. NoelJ

NoelJ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tubliss or mousse is a nice addition to a woods bike. SC seat is unnecessary, same with kicker and aftermarket exhaust. Maybe radiator guards and skid plate. The suspension is just what they say it is, but most people complain about it [failure to read the manual syndrome!]. If you weigh more than 180 you'll want springs. Prepare to be surprised at how little oil they use.
  14. St.AndrewsRider

Oddometer:
    So, do the exhausts (silencers) have a tag? USFS Approved? I have heard conflicting stories that they do/don't.

Kinda figured I would need to re spring the suspension but I don't know much about the stock forks (wish they were WPs!)

So the tubliss system. Is it really worth it? Guess I just don't really grasp how it works. Maybe somehow got it in my head that you end up sacrificing some of the tires ability to contour rocky terrain or you don't get the same surface area dynamic as a tubed tire - idk
  15. Bitingdog

Bitingdog That's not my dog

Oddometer:
    No spark arrestor afaik. You'll need a turban core or similar
    ChasM and St.AndrewsRider like this.
  16. St.AndrewsRider

Oddometer:
    Thank you.
    Bitingdog likes this.
  17. Rob578

Oddometer:
    Tubeliss are probably one of the single best improvements you can make. You have the ability to run very low pressures in gnarly terrain and air them up for the faster stuff. They eliminate the possibility of pinch flats so you can ditch the tube and tire irons in your backpack. Knock on wood but I haven't had a flat tire issue in at least 5 years. They are a vast improvement in technical terrain.

I can't offer any advice on the forks but I imagine pogo sticks would be better than WPs.

Don't forget to order handquards.

Shortman is the XT expert maybe he'll chime in.
    ChasM and Bucho like this.
  18. NoelJ

NoelJ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good point on the exhaust. I honestly forget about it because I live where forest fires would take a chopper load of napalm to start, and would burn out on their own in less than an hour.
    Tubliss acts in two unique ways - as an awesome rim lock allowing you to run very, very low pressures for great traction; and like common tubeless tires in that you can plug a leak rather than dismount and fix/replace a tube. A little learning curve but most people come to think it's really worth it.
    Suspension: The bike is exactly what Beta advertises it as - a trials/enduro cross-trainer. Meaning the suspension is very soft and "bouncy", a feature that helps you ride over obstacles, easily pop the front end, etc. It does not help with high speed stability, handling rough chop at speed, or landing big air. So, so many people ignore this and then bitch endlessly about the shit suspension. If you're going to hate that, it may be better to get a 300RR and lower it. Similarly, if you're going to hate the power loss at high RPM and want to add a pipe, re-jet, etc. - maybe just get the "normal" enduro bike.
    ChasM and Bucho like this.
  19. shortman

shortman Beta 500 RS, X-Trainer 250 Supporter

Oddometer:
    The OEM X-Trainer silencer is not USFS approved and has no spark arrestor.... The most common replacement is the FMF which is USFS approved with stamp on the inside
  20. Rob578

Oddometer: