BETA 2-Stroke Thread. 250RR, 300RR, X-Trainer

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by ToriMish, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Dao1

Dao1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    your new xtrainer 300 should come stock, pre-jetted for 1000-2500 ft, 61-78F.
    w/ NOZJ needle, #2 clip position, 155 main, 38 pilot, 1.5 turns out from closed

for 2501-5000 ft, same temp range, you change the pilot and main to one size smaller, or go 35 pilot & 152 main, leave the needle in the same stock #2 clip position. then once the bike's warmed up, open up the air screw 1/2 turn CCW out, or 2 turns out from closed.

for 2501-5000ft, but 40-60f, use same jetting per above, except go up to 155 main, and 1.5 turns out from closed.

before you go out and buy jets, a brand new beta should come separately, included w/ your manuals & tools, a 2nd jetting kit with those two smaller size jets and NOZK needle. I could be wrong, so it's best to ask your dealer what comes with the new bike.
    CDN Rick likes this.
  2. CDN Rick

CDN Rick Canoodia Eh?

Oddometer:
    I don’t believe this to be true, as I’ve personally unboxed a few Beta’s and never seen that, but it can change country to country. Maybe Beta USA slips those in before they go to customers. But I do know we don’t get them in Canada.
    Bitingdog likes this.
  3. NoelJ

NoelJ Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got them with my XT. They also passed on a 13T sprocket with my 390, since it's fitted with a 15 from the dealer.
  4. Dao1

Dao1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    My 300rr came w/ a spare jet set, so i figured they all come w/ one.
  5. CDN Rick

CDN Rick Canoodia Eh?

Oddometer:
    Sounds like something Tim might be doing after the factory for US customers! Nice touch! :clap
  6. Dao1

Dao1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    is mr pilg also the one who's providing all the bikes to local dealers to run/sponsor the demo rides ?
    we have two demos that just popped up for sept & oct in my area
    CDN Rick likes this.
  7. CDN Rick

CDN Rick Canoodia Eh?

Oddometer:
    Yes he is. Beta Canada runs a similar demo program, but it's a tour run by Beta Canada and Sam King's DirtSchool/RidetheVibe.
    They drive a truck and trailer across the country here every year and get as many people riding bikes as they can. It's a riot. Worth showing up to!
    Dao1 and GlennR like this.
  8. Big Tall Bastard

Big Tall Bastard Voice of Reason

Oddometer:
    After a little hospital detour this spring I finally have some time on the 2021 300 RR. My dealer jetted it for me before I picked it up and it runs really well. Yesterday's ride was at about 3600 ft and it ran great. I had the suspension done and am very pleased with the action. Lots of lava rock and craggy baby heads and it soaks them up with no deflection. You can point it and ride right through them/over them. Pretty amazing. I went with the FMF silencer as all our riding requires a spark arrestor.
    As far as seats go I bought the tallest Gutz seat kit they make and it is really comfortable. I am a tall, semi old lazy man so I sit way more than I should and have zero ass chafe after a spirited day of riding. I have had a lot of Seat Concept seats and like them but I think the Gutz is more comfortable.
    Like others have said set the bike up for your style and build, make sure the springs are correct for your weight, tune the suspension or have someone that knows what they are doing handle it and ride your amazing bike. The 300 is a tractor!
    Bitingdog likes this.
  9. NoelJ

NoelJ Long timer

Oddometer:
    BetaUSA sets the bar so high for customer service. I had no idea how great until after I bought the bikes. I think my next machine will be a KTM 500 for a lot of reasons, but it's a big step down as a customer, if not as a rider.
    BobcatSig likes this.
  10. CDN Rick

CDN Rick Canoodia Eh?

Oddometer:
    Beta Canada is step in step with BetaUSA.
    I have countless stories about Stephen going WAY above and beyond what any other brand would do for it's customers.
    I can't ever see myself riding with any brand other than Beta.
    The bikes are on par or better with the rest of the market, and the organization around the bikes is head and shoulders above the rest.
    gravityisnotmyfriend and NoelJ like this.
  11. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Damn tree's lol.I just can't have anything nice. Screenshot_20210913-075645.png
    Bitingdog and justBert like this.
  12. Bitingdog

Bitingdog That's not my dog

Oddometer:
    Did starter with engine in bike, but next time I'll simply pull it out first 20210914_100507.jpg
  13. Rob578

Rob578 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I agree, but change the needle first, to the NECJ. if you can't get air screw set you may need the 35 pilot.
    Bitingdog likes this.
  14. GlennR

GlennR Chasin' my tail

Oddometer:
    I recently discovered IRC Tire's YouTube channel and the main guy who usually teaches riding tutorials started riding a Beta 300RR a month or two ago. Here's a video of him playing in the rocks & boulders of Utah.

Bitingdog, gulfcoaster, Bucho and 3 others like this.
  15. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    :wingsCool to see him on a beta now.Been watching his vids for awhile and he is always getting even better.
    justBert, Bucho and GlennR like this.
  16. BobcatSig

BobcatSig Fresh Off The Couch Racing

Oddometer:
    My '21 300rr did not come with a spare jet kit. I ended buying a JD Jet Kit.
  17. St.AndrewsRider

St.AndrewsRider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Picked it up today! Proud owner of a new 300 x-trainer. Got one ride/heat cycle clocked so far. This bike is sa-weeet!! 20210918_151031.jpg 20210918_164923.jpg
    Topher749, STRich, justBert and 4 others like this.
  18. St.AndrewsRider

St.AndrewsRider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I asked about the possible spare jet kits supplied with the bike new- they didn't have anything for me besides the thumb drive manual, spare number plate, extra graphics and a tuning pigtail connector. After some digging I was able to get a few spare pilots and main jets. Was supposed to get a fmf silencer but hasn't arrived yet.

20210918_200104.jpg
    I think my blue KTM is jealous,

20210918_200151.jpg
  19. I.P. Freely

I.P. Freely Ragin Cajun

Oddometer:
    Congrats on the new bike! I want an Xtrainer really bad. Just missed buying a used 2021 in Florida for $6,499. :baldy
  20. 2-650'S

2-650'S Single track seeker

Oddometer:
    Don’t forget to buy the kickstand large foot.