1. Hey everyone, We’re going to start a weekly email to surface interesting threads in the forums. No worries, you can easily unsubscribe if you don’t find it interesting. If you’re like me, it’s nice to have someone willing to poke around a big community like ours and find the most interesting stuff. Saves time and I hate missing something great. It worked really well when we had someone discovering the best photos for the home page rotation back in the day. And if you have something fascinating to post, maybe this email does everyone some good by getting it noticed. Let us know what you think when you get it. Your feedback will make it better as we go (thread). Thanks! Baldy & rudy1220
    Dismiss Notice

Beta EVO Thread

Discussion in 'Trials' started by garrett, Sep 6, 2014.

1. garrett

garrett Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been looking for an Evo specific thread for the newer bikes and couldn't find one. Common issues seem to be spread all over the Trials thread so I thought we could start one here to post problems, fixes, mods etc.

Garrett
  2. Chuckracer

Chuckracer Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer:
    I want one...that seems to be a fairly common issue. :lol3
  3. garrett

garrett Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    LOL...

Nice pics from 3D trials BTW.
  4. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    So is this for two strokes or four stroke EVO's?
  5. BigSkyDabber

BigSkyDabber Adventurer

Oddometer:
    2011 Evo 290 , bought new Apr. 2011 . Finishing up my 4th season on it .
    Lots of events , LOTS of practice . Issues ... ZERO :clap I've snapped a few levers & busted some plastic but thats from random crashes . :lol3 I did put a Surflex clutch in it this year but thats because American Beta puts them in the S/S model & I figured what the heck , I do have 3 seasons on it . :D Even my '01 Montesa 315R wasn't this bulletproof .
  6. garrett

garrett Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Don't think it matters, unless someone else wants to start a 4 stroke thread.
  7. garrett

garrett Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I broke my front fender at our local track earlier this week. The OEM Beta is a one-piece fender and fork brace so you can't bolt on a replacement. I read on Trials Central that some people are using GasGas fenders as a replacement. I already ordered the OEM unit so we'll see if I can break this one...I bet I can. :D

Anyone done this?

Garrett
  8. ejtv

ejtv Per ipsum

Oddometer:
    What? No pics in the OP???? LOL

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kiharaikido and findlj like this.
  9. garrett

garrett Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Garsh I wasn't aware of the protocol governing OP's and threads, I'll do better if I ever attempt it again. My humble apologies to the board. ;)
    Nice picture BTW.

Garrett
  10. Gordy

Gordy Team Listo

Oddometer:
  11. laser17

laser17 Long timer

Oddometer:
    On the 2t's - I know Beta riders who regularly break the rubber mid box bracket doo-hicky thing. They always order a couple extras. No big deal, but something to have on hand evidently.

The clutch fix on the Trials Central forum is pretty popular.

Any of the Evo's from 2010 on seem pretty stout. 2009 had frame breakage issues that were very well supported by Beta USA. Kudo's to them for many replacements even when 2nd hand and out of traditional warranty.

The only other complaint I hear regularly is about the cost and frailty of the plastics.

I think Betas are a solid choice and are very popular around here. (mainly a GG and Beta region here)
  12. garrett

garrett Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah I've got one front fender to my credit already. Just got a replacement unit from my dealer. I've heard Gasgas fenders are a better design so if....when I break another I'll try the GG unit on the bike.

Garrett
  13. garrett

garrett Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  14. Gordy

Gordy Team Listo

Oddometer:
    No problem. It's not "my" thread or "your" thread, it's just that we have "a" thread with some good info in it already (like jetting) for these exact bikes and you were participating in that one as well.
    IMO this is what makes searching this forum difficult at times.

BTW, FWIW, I rode a 2014 300 Race version last week and it is freakin sweet!!!
    You can instantly tell that the balance and feel is improved. The power is also smoother and on this particular bike was a bit higher in the revs.
  15. garrett

garrett Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah I get that and while I agree that multiple threads don't generally serve the purpose, it doesn't help that we can't find the threads to get at the info. At the risk of sounding cranky the "other" Beta thread was entitled 2009 Beta something or other...and it may be easier to find said info if the Title was somewhat more general, and searchable.

All that said, I really don't care which thread we use or don't use, lets find a MOD and nuke this one and make the other easier to find, if it's possible.

Garrett
  16. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:
    What would you choose if the price was the same: last generation Rev 3 or a first generation EVO? :ear
  17. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Depends on if you knew the history of the EVO. Was the frame replaced?
  18. laser17

laser17 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Agree with Lineaway on the frame history, but would also want to know the price. If the rev 3 wasnt a smokin deal, I'd wait for an EVO. If its a great deal, then jump on it unless your a pro rider.
  19. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:
  20. laser17

laser17 Long timer

Oddometer:
    IMO, The evo is a better novice bike because its a 250, not because its a evo. To a novice, The biggest difference between a rev and evo is probably resale depreciation. Both very good bikes. Really depends on condition, but I would want the rev to be in noticeably better condition given the prices. If you read up on the frame threads on the 2009 evo and you will be able to check the bike for cracks in the typical places. I would leverage the rev vs evo depreciation to get the rev cheaper (about $500 here) or the frame issues on the 09 to get the evo cheaper. If the guy has a new frame - bonus.

Good luck