Beta EVO Thread

Discussion in 'Trials' started by garrett, Sep 6, 2014.

1. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    The long skinny mount for the pipe that runs close to the chain should be notched, or the chain will break that bracket`s weld.
    MotoMigrant likes this.
  2. MotoMigrant

MotoMigrant Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA or Celje, Slovenia
    You mean this part that is missing

20191018_090412.jpg
  3. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Perfect example!
    slicktop likes this.
  4. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    2019 4T std model. I cannot believe it is still in one piece. This bike rode all the Nationals this year. Notice the brand new fork seal, thankfully I had a compressor.:D

Attached Files:

MotoMigrant and Norman Foley like this.
  5. heffergm

heffergm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Why do you need a compressor to do fork seals?
  6. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    To get the bottom fork leg bolt out in seconds.
    Brewtus, Norman Foley and DyrWolf like this.
  7. MotoMigrant

Oddometer:
    Seems I'll have to fabricate a bracket as that piece isn't sold alone. Thanks for the photo, that will help!
  8. carknocker

carknocker Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My 2016 Factory 4t was leaking from the left (clutch side) fork leg, took it apart and was shocked to see a lot of longitudinal gouges inside the fork leg, bushing was shot with a bunch of ground off gunk at the bottom. Ran some emery cloth on a stick and cleaned it up the best i could. Two new brass bushings and a new fork seal. Works great, for now. Took the other side fork-leg apart, everything was good. Took the forks apart on my 2017 2t as well and both sides where good as well. Only had previously changed the fork oil once since new. Both forks had the plastic bushing stuck inside, so had to break the plastic bushing apart and replaced with some 3/4 inch plastic conduit (30mm long).
    DyrWolf likes this.
  9. Zuendapp

Zuendapp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have removed the stock plastic front fender/brace combo. I installed the 2019 GasGas front fender and aluminum brace for $50
    Stylish and appears to be well made.
    Note: I supplied the aluminum pop rivets for mounting.
    DSC00705.JPG
  10. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Once you remove the lower fork leg, you can just hit the dampening rod upward (using a block of wood) and the plastic bushing comes out very easily. It is terrible that Paoilli still uses the same bushing on the 2019`S.
  11. MotoMigrant

Oddometer:
    16' EVO 300 4t question: can someone with a similar model year (4t only) snap a few pictures of their muffler bracket mount and chain slider mount. Mine came with both missing and I suspect I'll spend the day fabricating. I just got the correct hardware & the chain slider but it seems the previous owner broke off the tab on the swingarm that holds the chain slider one. Lucky me! 20191025_202755.jpg
  12. MotoMigrant

Oddometer:
    I would just like to see how involved the chain slider will be. The muffler bracket will not be so bad to make. Another view of mine, thanks!
    View attachment 1960104

Attached Files:

13. MotoMigrant

Oddometer:
    Like it was never even there! 20191025_202809.jpg
  14. slicktop

slicktop Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Trying to get firm brake. 20191027_175315.jpg
    DyrWolf likes this.
  15. gottadog

gottadog n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm a new owner of an 18 Evo. Is there a place where jetting is recommended? Being familiar with the lean nature of big bikes I'm curious if the stock jetting is ideal. I'm at sea level and ride up to around 5k sometimes higher. What is your experience?
  16. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Evo 80 through 300 4 stroke. Gotta be more specific.
  17. gottadog

gottadog n00b

Oddometer:
    Good point. 18' 300 2t Factory
  18. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would give a 122 main and a 52 pilot a shot. Do you know what you have now?
    jonnyc21 likes this.
  19. y4m4

y4m4 Calvin

Oddometer:
    The clutch engagement point on my 2017 300 2-stroke seems to move when the engine gets hot. By hot I mean it takes a couple hours for it to be noticeable. I have thumb screws on my levers, but find it unlikely that the should need adjusting mid-ride. I guess it's a good sign that my clutch control is fine enough to notice the difference half a turn of the adjuster can make. I have some free play in the clutch lever, but that disappears when the bike gets hot.

The other day I was looking at the MC and the dust boot had a tiny wet spot. I pulled the dust boot off and it looks like there's a tiny amount of brake fluid in there. The MC also started to squeak recently when pulling the lever about 2 rides ago. It might be from when I checked the fluid level to find it was fine, but that's not my first instinct.

I haven't had this problem before, but I feel like it might be a tiny amount of air in the clutch line. Maybe it's time to rebuild the MC based on the squeak and the small amount of wetness? Should I grab a syringe and try to push fluid in from the bleed screw on the slave?

I keep it filled with 75wt MTL and have all the springs in the clutch with the washers on the "softest" factory setting without changing plates. I've tried ATF and it was OK at first, but I feel like after about 3 rides it was time to change it... Hard to explain with my limited knowledge and experience. Now that I think about it, maybe this potential air problem goes back further.
  20. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    The clutch will self bleed easy enough when changing out the rebuild kit. Are you sure you have free play at the lever? Sounds like you are border line and need more play.
    motomofo likes this.