Beta EVO Thread

Discussion in 'Trials' started by garrett, Sep 6, 2014.

1. jonnyc21

jonnyc21 Trials Ninja

Oddometer:
    07 Montesa 4RT, my fan cycles on and off fine up to at least 90-95 but dose stay on a lot, I don't like to ride in much hotter than 90 so can't say how well it would work over 100.

I suspect at much over 100 it would feel as though it was on all the time but suspect it would cycle... (best guess)

Also worth a note, I run engine ice for my coolant. https://www.cyclegear.com/accessories/engine-ice-high-performance-coolant
  2. jonnyc21

jonnyc21 Trials Ninja

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't say he was let down but rather felt it was a great bike but wasn't as good as the 250 4t for the average trials rider.

Having not been on a Beta 300 4t I can't say I agree or not but I suspect it would be a great alternative for me instead of the Montesa 4RT I have if I wasn't such a fanboy. :rofl
  3. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just for grins, my god son rode his dad`s 4t 300 today since his `16 factory Beta 250 smoker seems to have a bad stator. He has not ridden since the Colorado national. We had a record (relatively speaking) flash flood Saturday night. 8 foot plus water with about 18 inches of hail running down the canyon of our sections. So we re-set the sections this morning. Well any how the kid rocked on the four stroke without any practice before hand. So much for the test article. He won the high school west this year, but rode his best ever today! :clap:D:lol3:clap
  4. Riddler990

Riddler990 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lineway, just curious, what was the symptom on the 250 beta. I have the same bike,2016,fan will not run when the headlight is turned on. been trying to diagnose problem to no avail.
  5. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    :nod

I only saw him on a few sections and he had that thing roaring! He really, really, really looked good on it!
  6. jonnyc21

jonnyc21 Trials Ninja

Oddometer:
    Wish I could have seen it, no expert level riders out in Boise that I know of... :2cry
  7. That review sounds pretty typical of one written by a motorcross/enduro rider who might have hopped on a trials bike a few times, but isn't really a trials rider/competitor. I wouldn't really read much into it.
    jonnyc21 likes this.
  8. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Grayson easily won the Master class and halved the score of the RMTA president. (First time beating uncle Chris)
    [​IMG]
  9. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    This bike will start, just as soon as you apply throttle it seems to have a dead short to ground. No spark.
  10. jonnyc21

jonnyc21 Trials Ninja

Oddometer:
    that sounds like it has a throttle position sensor that has gone bad... but I haven't heard of any trials bikes with throttle position sensor that are not EFI.
  11. Thesolidman1

Thesolidman1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Fan quit working on my '15 250 Evo, when the headlight was on, some kind of short, I unplugged the headlight, eventually replaced it with a number plate, no problem now.
  12. 1fxstbi

1fxstbi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the replies regarding the fan cycling question. I keep wanting a 4t bike and wondered if the constant running fan was a concern, especially at higher ambient temps. Evidently it's not. :)
  13. Riddler990

Riddler990 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yep, that's where i'm at now. Thanks.
  14. Harry Potter

Harry Potter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the comments on the 2016 Factory EVO 300 4t review article. Hopefully getting another test ride on one this weekend.
  15. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    FWIW, my dealer told me that the factory 300 4T has a LOT more hit than the standard model.
    He was not sure why, but suspects the pipe and maybe cams and/or ignition mapping. :dunno
  16. 1fxstbi

1fxstbi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well I plan on finding that out next week when my new Beta 300 4t Factory comes in! My dealer offered me a great deal on one so I pulled the trigger. I had been lusting after a Montesa but they are just too hard to find (new) and quite a bit more expensive too. Ample justification for me. In all the research I've done you don't hear much bad about either. I'll be anxious to report my comparison against my '15 Sherco. I'll need a couple of weeks to adjust I'm sure, but I practice an hour a day so it will be fun to learn.
    NMTrailboss likes this.
  17. Bronco638

Bronco638 Nobody Home

Oddometer:
    Our good friend Ron would agree, the Beta is such a good deal, they're hard to pass up.

Let me know when you're ready to send the '15 Sherco 250 back to the Land of Lincoln......I'll be waiting..........Ciao from Florence Italy. I'll be heading to the local Beta dealer when I get to Bologna, on Thursday. Happy Thanksgiving all!
  18. 1fxstbi

1fxstbi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey buddy, are you having fun? The 250 is going to be a keeper although I did put my 300 on Craigslist if you know of anyone looking for one. I'll be looking forward to hearing about your trip.
  19. Bronco638

Bronco638 Nobody Home

Oddometer:
    So far, so good! :D Food is amazing (no surprise) and the weather has been even better (sun & clouds, temps in the 60s - which is warm for Florence at this time of year). I'll blog about our experiences and send you a link (via email). I don't know of anyone shopping for a 300 but Ron might. Send him a note. Ciao.
    1fxstbi likes this.
  20. 1fxstbi

1fxstbi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You eat all that good food and you'll be shaped like Ron! :)