Beta EVO Thread

Discussion in 'Trials' started by garrett, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    What happened today? :ear
  2. 10K

10K Trail Runner

Oddometer:
    He saw the light!
    jonnyc21 likes this.
  3. 1fxstbi

1fxstbi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just got a new '16 Factory (bone stock) and we filled it with Motul 10w-40, swapped out the 11 tooth for a 10 tooth, and my clutch feels better than my '15 Sherco 250. I've only got slightly more than an hour on the new bike but one thing I have noticed is that there is considerably more torque on the very bottom and that seems to make the bike feel kind of jerky. I think the 10 tooth might be contributing to that jerky feeling because it feels smoother when riding in second at slow speed.
  4. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    This maybe should go in the dumb question thread but, I'm pretty sure that the 4T has a common sump? The clutch is in motor oil....right?
  5. 1fxstbi

1fxstbi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yup, they share the same oil.
  6. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    Thanks!
    That kinda limits what can be done with oils to customize the clutch feel but not a deal breaker.
  7. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    OK, here is the dope on the 4Ts:

Put a 10T counter sprocket on. You might need a half link or run two masters to do this.....not real sure about that one. :scratch A chain off of a 2T will work though.
    For the clutch, use 2 plates from the 2T, just swap them out. Run 0-40 oil in normal temps and 10-40 when it heats up. Go as high as 15-40 if you want a slower clutch.
    Use the blue spring in the carb for anything over 5,000'. Stock spring should be used below 5,000'.
    Get the hand adjustable fuel screw-available from Beta so that you can fine tune the mixture as the day changes.
    The factory edition is the bomb with some better suspension, titanium exhaust, and other goodies that will help performance and they should be out March-ish.

Hope that this helps.
  8. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    That is almost too kate for the Nationals. First year ever, that the year could be done the 2nd week of April.
  9. 1fxstbi

1fxstbi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The 10 tooth sprocket fits without any changes. An extra click or two on the special Factory snail adjusters is all you need. 1st gear with the 10 is unbelievably slow without all the clutch work like my 2t.
    There is a noticeable difference in the maps. Riding in the "sunny" position is way more fun!
  10. NMTrailboss

NMTrailboss Team Dead End

Oddometer:
    So, when's your new 4T coming in? :D
  11. 1fxstbi

1fxstbi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gordy, Good info on the 4t. My dealer used a Keihn remote adjuster for my bike and that puts a knob out about even with the clutch cover. Very easy to get to with gloves on.

I'm happy to report that my bike runs great on 93 pump gas with 10% ethanol (thanks to Ray's jetting suggestions) .I hate to admit it but I didn't really notice any difference from 105 race gas to the pump gas other than smell. My findings so far....
  12. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    That dope came straight from Ray, so it should be good. He thinks I should try one and take it to Palo Duro in April to try it out. He told me it will scratch up just like a 2T! :lol3
    NMTrailboss likes this.
  13. 1fxstbi

1fxstbi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We are all lucky to have a source like Ray that is willing to share! Of course many of us can say that about most of the members here.
    Paul7 likes this.
  14. motomofo

motomofo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hands down, the Beta 4T is the most underrated trials bike on the market. I'm convinced that if they would include some of Ray's suggestions straight from the factory, sales would increase.
    1fxstbi likes this.
  15. Racergirl18

Racergirl18 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Word ^^^^^^^^
    I normally ride a 250 2 T Sherco. and found I could do some amazing things, only issue I had is learning to pre jump any upcoming object as it doesn't have the snap I was used to but it almost seemed like a lag? but I learned quickly just give a small pre-jump before nailing the throttle..and adapted quickly, love running straight gas and sewing machine sound.....
  16. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    I strongly considered the 4t before I bought another GG. I've never ridden one and wasn't a fan of the 4rt. Considering the current state of GG, I wish I would have looked into it a little harder.
  17. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Our club has been over run with four strokes between the Honda lover`s and now the 4T. Having Ray ride with us for two years and Gas Gas go tits up has made a new two stroke kind of rare.
  18. neilking

neilking Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Damn you can read some of the funniest shit on the Internet.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
  19. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    Not true at all. Lots of new 2T Betas a Sherco or two and now some Scorpas.
    Any new Montessas around here just replaced old Montessas.
    There are probably 2 new 4Ts here and you could count a few more if you count riders from TX that come over.

Next year could be different as the 4T interest is certainly picking up.

It helped that Honda recently re-introduced theirs and Beta now has a factory edition.
  20. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    I count 18 last event and we will have 4+ more starting next season. I can only think of 7 new 2016 2 strokes. 7 new 4rt`s and 5 4t`s. The 4 strokes have it for 2016.