Beverly Dunes Ride March 18-21

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by 88NX250, Mar 7, 2005.

1. gs dakar

gs dakar live to ride

Oddometer:
    final call for 8am (sat) at the cascade golf course in north bend off exit 32. Darin and I will be there on a dakar 650 and ktm LC4. The pass weather looks reasonable for tomorrow am....I think.....
  2. GODSPEED

GODSPEED finger lickin' good

Oddometer:
    Not sure if i am a go or not but I'll know where to meet ya. Are stopping for breakfast or coffee on the way?
  3. GODSPEED

GODSPEED finger lickin' good

Oddometer:
    Ride safe fellas, it's looking a little wet out there and the pass doesn't look so fun.
  4. gs dakar

gs dakar live to ride

Oddometer:
    I never thought a hot shower and a glass of red could ever feel so good....
    damn what a wet day....total fun....great meeting you all....
  5. darkthought

darkthought pull my trunk

Oddometer:
    I was so tired when I got home last night I didn't take my hot shower until this morning!

Teriffic ride guys - I had a blast! Ron & Iain - it was great meeting you. No doubt we'll all be riding together again in the future...

- Brian
  6. Darin

Darin WYSIWYG (WIZ-zee-wig)

Oddometer:
    After I left Brian on HWY 5, I rode an additional 60 miles back to Bremerton, When I get to the base entrance I realized my reflected vest (required for on base) was (under) my rain gear, the gate guard saw my rain soaked gear, my muddy KTM, he said "ahhhh well I see some reflective piping, good enough for me" WOO WHOO I would have been in a world of hurt if I had to peel off all gear to reveil my vest.

I did manage to take a hot shower and and wash my raingear too. I ate some leftover Chinese grub, sipped on a ice cold brew and fell asleep before finishing it. I was bushed...it was only a 354 mile day....

I forgot how sore you get riding on sand....man do I feel beat up today, tomorrow will be worse.

Yes it rained, yes it snowed, yes, we got wet, and yes I stayed warm thanks to great riding gear and gerbings electric glove inserts:thumb

Iain,
    thanks for putting together this trip and looking forward to the next one, pray to the rain gods to hold off the weekend you plan to ride.

Darin

PIX are coming, my account at Smugmug is in the works
  7. Davidovich650

Davidovich650 KLR-ista

Oddometer:
    Well, darn good outing Iain - kudos for putting it together. Felt like a full weekends worth of fun in only a half of a weekend. And adverse weather-be-damned. The only down-side for me was not being able to stay the extra night. Just gotta do more of these!
    And, yeah - Darin and Ron - you two get the Iron-Butt award for doing it all in a day. And Paul definitely show'ed us how to fling a bike in the sand too. But I think Brian and I get the "Bonehead" award for doing creek crossings on forest roads in the dark!
    All told, we busted some bike parts, but still got all of the machines home. Darn good outing!
  8. darkthought

darkthought pull my trunk

Oddometer:
    Wait...are you saying there's a trophy involved? :ear

Seriously, riding that forest road in the dark was pretty damn fun. Carp, now I'm thinking about HID lights! :evil

Thanks again Iain for getting us all out there to play in the sand! :thumb
  9. 88NX250

88NX250 Team USA

Oddometer:
    The trip report is finaly up!!
    HERE

I know...I know just check the report for my excuses!

Iain