Beyond Starbucks

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by fudgypup, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. browneye

browneye PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer:
    The jackels have come to gloat over their prey.

Everything you post about others on the internet is reflection of yourself. Whatever comes out of your mouth (keyboard) can be turned around applied directly to yourself.

People fail to realize that this is just an internet forum. It's not real life. What we do outside of ADV is what real life is.

Some never even met Fudgypup. Some just hated him for what he posted on an internet forum. He's just another motorbike rider, not unlike everyone else here.
  2. Windrat

Windrat just a poser

Oddometer:

why do you post this crap

The jackels have come to gloat over their prey.:deal

I'm not happy about anyone being banned
  3. notmybikemodelname

notmybikemodelname KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer:
    So, what you're saying is, I am rubber, you are glue? :dunno
  4. bigtodd

bigtodd Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer:
    So anyway ... went out for a local ride today to run in the new Heidenau K60's, I'll put that story up on the CNF thread.
  5. bigtodd

bigtodd Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer:
    Rob

All valid points ... just surprised that it actually happened.

I'm not trying to pick up the torch or make any campaigns, just pointing out that this thread started as an alternative and encouragement to get out and ride somewhere other than a coffee run on Saturdays. The best thing that could happen is that the super experienced guys can now feel comfortable offering help or advice (instead of mocking) to those who ask or search it out and the less experienced guys can appreciate it.

Just Ride - Cheers
  6. MotorCade

MotorCade Rugby whore

Oddometer:
    I don't know anything about Fudgy other than this thread. As such, I have no opinion on his banishment.

All I know is that I want to find some good trails and go ride them, and this beyond starbucks idea seemed like a good one to me.

So, maybe I should start my own beyond starbucks thread? Should we meet at starbucks to plan? :D

Seriously, I'd love to meet up with some Ventura county area riders and head up to Los Padres or something for starters. Really just need some folks with some experience to say things like: why do you have that on the bike? Don't you know you need ______ to ride ______? Make sure you carry _______. I'm looking to learn.

Cade
  7. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:

hey buddy, you should really hit the "preview post" button down next to the "submit reply" button below before you post so you can review your babbling.:dunno

i've met Fudg at WMRS and DV Noobs and even shook his hand at the Xmas party.
    that was around the time when this thread started because he couldn't take a fucking joke about his GS.

yes, we poke at each other but it's all in good clean fun.:freaky

i rode a KLR that i beat to shit, for 3 years. i would have guys tell their buddy that i shouldn't ride singetrack in the Piutes with them because i was on a KLR. i did and that guy, MotoMike shook my hand and said he didn't think i was going to make it. it wasn't easy, but... rung what you brung. that's all i knew.:muutt

i was a dirt noob on that KLR. my background is old cafe racer Hondas.

i got soooo much shit for riding a KLR. you have to laugh with them. but then roost them later and they STFU.:dllama

and sorry that i don't have $10,000 or $18,000 for a motorcycle so i can't post in this thread and i'm considered a troll.

i ride Rowher Flats OHV almost once a week and Los Padres forest/Hungry Valley OHV the other weeks. all of these places have an extensive trail system where "big" bikes could go.
    anyone and everyone is welcome to come out to Rowher on any day we are riding. we meet in Staging Area 1 and go from there. you could take the easy green trails and we can do the others. meet back in a few hours for beers and talk about dirt riding. :slurp (yes, this is an open invitation):deal

i know a lot of the folks want to hate me, Rob NMBMN, Windrat, and anyone else that challenges noobiness and big bike snobness.:nah

but what you say, Browneye, is EXACTLY what you need to take a step back and think about. you haven't even met me and yet you post these rants as if you do know me. WTF?:huh

when i was a dirt noob, i looked to others for advice and guidance.
    i thank my buddies up in Washington, Bill and Omar, for gettiing me started.
    and my buddies down here, Riceless, Luv2race, TrailTricks, Berolina, Wzltech, Rider914, FMFPunk, Dunerat and Windrat for pushing me and answering my nooby questions.:clap

let's all ride and put smiles on our faces. that's what it's all about, right?:ricky
  8. bigtodd

bigtodd Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer:
    Good to see some positive vibes :freaky
  9. NoVa Rider

NoVa Rider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't know what else the 'pup was posting, but I went back and read the first few pages of his thread. Seemed like it had a strong start. :cry
  10. notmybikemodelname

Oddometer:
    It did have a great start, and we were all behind it. However, somewhere along the way it all went sideways and FP started taking cheap shots at people. He even went so far as to make up a fake obituary for me and posted it. Then he started talking about how I was not fit to hang around with peoples families/kidds and yada, yada, yada. He doesn't even know me and has never met me.

Sorry, but there's not a single thread where it is fitting to make up stories about someone's death. :huh Not only is it stupid and irresponsible, it does nothing to mediate the already seemingly irresponsible behavior of our sport as it is.
  11. browneye

Oddometer:
    OMG. Let's get real. The fake obit was a joke that everybody would have laughed at, but Rob decided to make a stink out of it. I guess it just hit a little too close to home. If you ride drunk sooner or later you're going to wad up. So it was poking fun at the concept since you admittedly drink and ride.

And he didn't say you weren't fit, but that some of your antics weren't fit. Like getting drunk and pissing all over everything, people bikes, being drunk in public, getting drunk to ride, etc. etc, ad nauseum. All of your golden shower buttfucking bullshit was all just a joke too, right?

Let's keep it real boys and not make up a bunch of crap and skew a bunch of joking banter as being real.

EDIT: BTW, the 'obit' was a fake news story. It wasn't even an obit. You ride the twisties drunk you're gonna go off the road and kill yourself. How much fucking common sense does that take to understand?

And another thing, the fit for family thing wasn't even about Rob, but was a comment sent to Rob in a PM which ADV rules prohibit from quoting on the public forum. Someone said they wouldn't hang round someone that they wouldn't have hang around with their family. Rob has taken a PM text and taken it out of context and assumed it was about him. But my comment on all of the BS posting still stands.
  12. RAZR

Oddometer:

all of fudge crap was in other threads that he was trolling in. :deal
  13. NoVa Rider

NoVa Rider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    that's unfortunate. this thread was a good idea.
  14. RAZR

Oddometer:
    dude, come back down to reality.:norton

we don't ride "drunk". we have trail refreshments.:freaky and Rob NMBMN likes to talk shit. something you don't know because you don't know Rob. he's bloating his stories. it makes for great entertainment. something you should take notes on.:deal

as far as the fake news story goes, that shit was fucked up. no joking there. especially from someone that is NOT Rob's friend or my friend (i was part of the news story). when you call to inform the Sheriff and Forest Service about a "drunken night ride" and THEN post that shit, there is no humor there. just a mean spirited prank.
    and this was going to be a celebration for all So Cal ADV folks, but especially ones that ride Rowher on a regular basis. Klammer extended the invite to all of you.

and let's not talk about riders wadding it up. you do that enough riding sober.:muutt

and anything we do/did on any of our night rides is our fucking business. if i urinate on my friends bike, that's our own fetish. don't judge.:krusty

just when i was extending an olive branch, you go and piss on it. :loco

good job browneye.
  15. notmybikemodelname

Oddometer:
    Here's the funniest thing about you and your posts. They're all hear say. The pissing thing was something that hapened one night by accident once and we made a big joke out of it, and FYI, it wasn't me. :puke1 Now it's just the continuance of that joke............Done.

I honestly don't know anyone who rides drunk. Sure, some of us arent so up tight that we think you can't enjoy a trail brew while youre riding.....................Done. But, we also don't hold it against people if they don't want to.

Look up the word "quote" before you spew.................

Ding, Ding, Ding...................I think we found FP's replacement...:rofl
  16. browneye

Oddometer:
    Okay, I'm laughing now. :lol3

EDIT: BTW, I appreciate the clarification. Bloated bullshit. Got it. You guys have fun out there. May we meet on the trail one day and tip one as a cheer!
  17. bigtodd

bigtodd Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer:
    Still is a good idea, now just needs to get back on track

I would say this is a good start ...

let's cut out all the jabs and start building some bridges. at least we all want to ride, that's something.
  18. notmybikemodelname

Oddometer:
    Browneye, there are a few of us, including people from the Starbucks thread who've seriously been talking about getting together and working some stuff out. I personally extended an invitation via PM to a rider on here who accepted and was going to join us Friday night but had a family thing to take care of at the last minute.

There are people working on this, don't keep the shit going and don't fuck it up.
  19. Windrat

Windrat just a poser

Oddometer:
    I have no interest in riding with you....or the group that would hang out with you
    it's sad....your just trying to fan the flames
  20. Off Limits

Off Limits Banned

Oddometer:
    It's Internet chat. I'm sure things like attitude and beveraging out in the great outdoors would make things a lot clearer and less hostile. I've been on a few rides with the folks around here. The squares and the hooligans, yet when I bust my bong out of my back pack and crack a beer, no one talks shit. So let's just ride.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.