BICIMapas Mexico 2010, a problem solved?

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Mexico, Central & South America' started by Dave Bell, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Dave Bell

Dave Bell Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I recently bought Bicimapas 2009 for my Garmin 60cx. When I loaded some of them, they wiped out my N.America map. Then, when I reloaded my N.America map, it wiped out Bicimapas.

I got a notice of a free upgrade because I bought 2009 so recently. I downloaded it last night and tentatively it appears that I can load the Bicimapa and it leaves the N. America map intact.

Comments?
  2. Dave Bell

Oddometer:
    I may have spoken too soon. I loaded several zones last night of Mexico and may have wiped out U.S. maps.
  3. crashmaster

crashmaster ow, my balls!

Oddometer:
    Thats the way mapsource works. If you dont want a map wiped out when you load up a new one, you have include that map in addition to the new one in the Mapsource file you are tranferring to your GPS.

Highlight the Mexico sections you want, then in the pulldown menu change maps to City Nav and highlight the maps you want to include, do that for any other maps you want then do the "send to device"

There is nothing wrong with the maps, or your GPS, thats the way mapsource works.

I use a program called mapupload to directly load the .img files and click "add to existing maps" so it doesnt wipe out the others and I dont have to load up all of my maps over again when I want to just add one little thing.
  4. Dave Bell

Oddometer:
    Yes, I had figured this out by now but thanks for the tip anyway. I'll search for Mapupload.

db
  5. Dave Bell

Oddometer:
    I have learned that the last upload to the GPS wipes out other maps. So, I selected all the Bicimapas I wanted along with all the U.S. maps I wanted from North America and downloaded them all at the same time.

I know that there has been confusion just like mine about the mexico maps wiping out the north america maps. Hope my ignorant efforts benefit others.....
  6. redpillar

redpillar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    thanks, another question answered!!:D