Bicycle thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Zodiac, Jul 10, 2006.

1. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    Why doesn't anybody finish?
  2. Askel

Askel Perma-n00b

Oddometer:
    YOU CAN'T GO BIKING WITH YOUR SPIDER, THINK OF THE OTHER TRAIL USERS!!!!
  3. Christine94

Christine94 ,..

Oddometer:
    Yes... Can't let it run wild like that... keep it on a LEASH!
  4. dogsslober

dogsslober No neck tie, Ti neck

Oddometer:
  5. DeepSea

DeepSea electronically challenged

Oddometer:
    Thanks Ridge
  6. DeepSea

Oddometer:
    According to the race director it was mostly lack of fitness (people underestimating the race). Race was 50k of Kayaking, 145 miles (planned but 149 by GPS) of Single track Mountain biking and a 100k Trail run. My estimates were 10 hrs in the boat, 20-24 on the bike and 20-24 of running with about 8 hours or rest total. Actual times were roughly 8 3/4 on the water, 23 hours on the bike and 22 hours of running. Add in some sleep and having the derailleur and hanger replaced. Put me within a few hours of the total estimate (64 guessed 69 ish actual). The bike course was much more technical than planned. A few black diamond sections that had to be walked. Probably would've walked them fresh and not just after being on the bike for so long.

@Dogslobber I turned 50, the race was SouthWest of Bend Oregon and it connected with a bunch of named trails. Some of the names were "Ticket to ride", "Funner", "Tylers Traverse", lots of others that I can't think of right now. Race is called the Bad Cat Ultra. Even though it hurt, it was a lot of type 2 fun.
    Steve
  7. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    I'm glad I don't Kayak or run, so there was no temptation to enter.
  8. dogsslober

dogsslober No neck tie, Ti neck

Oddometer:
    You rested in between each discipline ? just 8 hr, Impressive how ever
    DeepSea likes this.
  9. DeepSea

Oddometer:
    Slept in the middle of the bike, before the run and short rest to warm up near the end of the run. It got down into the low 30's. :vardy
    Mr Head and Ridge like this.
  10. Ridge

Ridge Faster than farm equipment. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Did you carry a bivy, or just rough it under the open sky? My thoughts on those overnighters was carrying/using one of those thermal blanket bivys that can pack down to the size of a baseball.
    DeepSea likes this.
  11. James Adams

James Adams Not dead yet

Oddometer:
    Fall is here. :happay

PXL_20210917_225923635~2.jpg
    PXL_20210917_230659937~2.jpg
    PXL_20210918_004358028~2.jpg
    PXL_20210918_010526329~2.jpg

Running a regular fork on the Stache today. Dropped the front end a little and sharpened up the handling. Flexes a bit more under braking but not excessively so. Exceeded my expectations; I think I'll leave it on for a while.
    fullmonte, Mr Head, nuggets and 7 others like this.
  12. Christine94

Christine94 ,..

Oddometer:
    Two hours motopace with friends yesterday and again today. Woohoo! That makes six consecutive days of fast fun.

We spent a couple of hours doing maintenance today. I finally did something about fitting the Enve fork.

Also did something about Z's qualifications while it was still fresh in my mind and she started taildragger and aerobatics today. She is also set to go on with multi and instrument training.
    Mr Head likes this.
  13. chippertheripper

chippertheripper motorcycle junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    What in the fuckity fuck…???
    mf13368, DeepSea, cjbiker and 2 others like this.
  14. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    Working on 4 days in a row,35 to 45 mile pretty fast paceline rides for 2 days,then a 230 miler with 70 miles of rocks and gravel on 890R.
    Today I load the gravel bike up and meet a group 50 miles away for a gravel loop Ive never tried.
    70 miles of rocks and gravel on an 890 is not the same as 70 miles on a basic 650.
  15. DeepSea

Oddometer:
    No, I slept in the crew's SUV. Logistically it made more sense. This way I was warm, semi-comfortable and fed well after waking up. I do like that bivy. I'm a big fan of the SOL gear. :thumb

:lol3 My wife said something similar when I told her this race was replacing the Tahoe 200.

Steve
  16. BCC

BCC I know better

Oddometer:
    I started riding with a club a couple of weeks before doing the 2020 Tour de Tow 100k. I got dropped by every group I joined along the way, hit every rest stop and was beat at the end.

Did it again this year. More better.
  17. nuggets

nuggets It's all my fault...

Oddometer:
    After a long time of no riding (I've been working on a big home project), I got out for a leisurely hour and 25 minute ride. Got in a massive 11.14 miles of just cruising around and dorking off.

I did a bunch of wheelies and skids like the low key hooligan that I am. I took a photo of my bike on the beach for you internet peeps.
    PXL_20210916_231945976.small.jpg
  18. Mr Head

Mr Head Tired

Oddometer:
    Did not ride again today. Oggy duties. He was a pill today. Tossed about ten pounds of plastic building blocks and these gear things down the stairs. Makes a great racket, he has been told that anything tossed down the stairs goes away. I've filled a bag in the garage.

Monday I'm helping a friend disassemble a sidecar and motorcycle. At some later point we will be reassembling. I've done this more than a few times, but more than thirty years ago. There are other things I'm supposed to be doing later next week. Life is conspiring to not let me ride bicycles. He's napping now with his aunt also napping in the room. So, quiet time for me.

I weighed him today when he ran into the bathroom. He tips the scales at 37 pounds. No wonder my back and everything hurt after of day of wrangling him. When I make coffee in the morning, he wants to be on one arm while I attempt this feat with the other arm. I have to switch arms halfway through. Oh, and he pretty much eats constantly, so the weight will increase.

Who needs a gym?
  19. slowpokepete

slowpokepete Adventurer

Oddometer:
  20. nuggets

nuggets It's all my fault...

Oddometer: